Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5857 5858 [5859] 5860 5861 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805601 times)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87870 on: September 11, 2012, 12:29:41 am »

Playing Magic with a buddy, excessive nerdliness follows for the curious. He's got a deck based around coin flips and the abuse thereof. I win the first two games solely because I have a Platinum Angel out very early in the game, and he doesn't actually have any way of causing more than 3 damage to it since most of the deck is based around getting out Chance Encounter and making a shitload of flips. The third one I win because of that Primordial Hydra, who manages to steamroll over his life about 2 turns before he'd finish winning. Though a Creepy Doll actually killed the 22/22 Hydra, and I wound up winning with, of all things, Birds of Paradise equipped with Argentum Armor.

Also, should I just start a Magic thread?

No need to start a new thread, Birds of Paradise was more than enough for me to go off of. (Different link)

Silly bird, you're not a face. You're a bird. You can't even change your expression.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87871 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:48 am »

Probably. You should also get a fuck ton of enchantment destruction and play it at instant speed before he can trigger his tenth flip, just to piss him off. Erase or Naturalize would be good, though Erase uses on less mana.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87872 on: September 11, 2012, 12:34:14 am »

This picture adequately describes my approach to border management in Medieval Total War 2.

Hey, do you have military access? No? Get my halberd.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #87873 on: September 11, 2012, 12:40:18 am »

http://www.tnr.com/article/magazine/books-and-arts/106441/scalia-garner-reading-the-law-textual-originalism
My, how far we've come from etching retribution laws into stelae and making available a dozen law-bearing tables in public spaces. This kind of law-finagling simply blows my mind. It's easy to resolve in fictional works like D&D campaigns.

'Rules Lawyer': "The spells per day table of the Vigilante class says they gain 32 3rd level spells at level 6! It doesn't matter that they could only cast 2 at level 5 and that the column for 4th level spells is empty."

DM: "Nope, it gets 3."

Simple. There are barely any consequences, and it's all in good fun. Sometimes the choice is clear in real laws (imaginary here.) No vehicles in the park because putting one there could destroy the city, so ambulances are not excepted. That's obvious. But not always. No vehicles in the park. Ambulances can go anywhere. What to do? Rewrite the law, or have someone explain what it means. If it's important enough, 9 particular someones get to decide, and their interpretations are binding. There's actual lives at stake if they don't allow ambulances. There's lives at stake if they allow them into a place where destruction for a city is insured.

It's beyond me. If I were him, though, I wouldn't put such an issue in the frail, dead, hands of Merriam Webster. (Or rather the metaphorical hands of the publishers of whichever dictionary he's using, but that's less dramatic.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #87874 on: September 11, 2012, 12:52:12 am »

So my sculpture wasn't so great, but my teacher gave some good advice about what my consist issues with drawing the human figure are.  Apparently I'm an "edge" and "landmark" sort of artist, my eye travels along the edges of the form and looks for major pieces like the shoulder, bicep, rear, legs, feet, so on.  The problem is, I'm not good at the transitions between those parts.  So it's a matter of learning to see those sections I miss, and see if things improve.  Thanks cool teacher :)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87875 on: September 11, 2012, 12:59:05 am »

The Bay12Speak chat is now live! I think.

Anyway, info is here.

That was fun.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87876 on: September 11, 2012, 12:59:42 am »

@Euld
Hooray! Some people tout "practice practice practice" as the fix-all for art, and it is most of it, but having some guidance helps too.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #87877 on: September 11, 2012, 01:02:11 am »

@Euld
Hooray! Some people tout "practice practice practice" as the fix-all for art, and it is most of it, but having some guidance helps too.
Practice is no good if you practice it wrong, it's like attempting to learn physics when you believe 1 + 2 = Fruit

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87878 on: September 11, 2012, 01:04:47 am »

Eh, it depends what you're doing. For drawing and sculpting, there isn't much in the way of form to worry about. So there isn't a "wrong" way to practice.

I hold a pencil an extremely weird way and have all my life, and when I asked my art teacher about it (with the exact concern you have, of "doing it wrong"), she said it was fine and actually gave me a unique and interesting stroke.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #87879 on: September 11, 2012, 01:25:07 am »

I was feeling down for awhile, and they I listened to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnYwLZcxOtY&feature=BFa&list=PL1C572B526934FD97

On a related note, reinstalling. Although it's hardly the game to give you faith in humankind.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87880 on: September 11, 2012, 01:33:25 am »

Wrex, thank you. That made my night. Along with a series of other, slightly unrelated events.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87882 on: September 11, 2012, 02:18:31 am »

Gonna be in Korea for a week for something urgent. If John in Homestuck dies again somebody message somebody in Seoul to have me shot.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87883 on: September 11, 2012, 02:44:20 am »

Playing Magic with a buddy, excessive nerdliness follows for the curious. He's got a deck based around coin flips and the abuse thereof. I win the first two games solely because I have a Platinum Angel out very early in the game, and he doesn't actually have any way of causing more than 3 damage to it since most of the deck is based around getting out Chance Encounter and making a shitload of flips. The third one I win because of that Primordial Hydra, who manages to steamroll over his life about 2 turns before he'd finish winning. Though a Creepy Doll actually killed the 22/22 Hydra, and I wound up winning with, of all things, Birds of Paradise equipped with Argentum Armor.

Also, should I just start a Magic thread?

There's been something like 2 or 3 threads so far, no need to make a new one. Though I am wondering how much life he must've had to survive the trample damage from the Hydra steamrolling over the Creepy Doll.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87884 on: September 11, 2012, 07:20:29 am »

This may seem weird or disrespectful, but I'm happy that the 11th anniversary of 9/11 isn't really front page news. Seems like we've turned a corner after the first 10 years, where it's no longer a collective gnashing of teeth and rending of hair and is morphing into something more constructive -- with a focus on it becoming a national day of volunteerism and civic duty.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 5857 5858 [5859] 5860 5861 ... 13325