Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5842 5843 [5844] 5845 5846 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753613 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87645 on: September 09, 2012, 05:45:48 pm »

After one hell of a journey, I'm back home again.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87646 on: September 09, 2012, 05:46:58 pm »

Got leftover pancakes to tide me over this latest popup of depression. Woo.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87647 on: September 09, 2012, 05:52:32 pm »

HOMEMADE SUSHI
10 minutes later.....
I CAN MAKE SUSHI

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87648 on: September 09, 2012, 07:17:59 pm »

HOMEMADE SUSHI
10 minutes later.....
I CAN MAKE SUSHI
But is it worth eating?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #87650 on: September 09, 2012, 08:53:56 pm »

Playing Sil again... 

Spoiler: end game spoilers (click to show/hide)

Shit... almost made it...

I met a fate strikingly similar to Fingolfin's...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:17:25 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87651 on: September 09, 2012, 09:25:09 pm »

SALMONGOD WHAT IS THAT. TELL ME NOW.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #87652 on: September 09, 2012, 09:26:15 pm »

SALMONGOD WHAT IS THAT. TELL ME NOW.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87653 on: September 09, 2012, 09:27:44 pm »

SALMONGOD WHAT IS THAT. TELL ME NAO.
Not any different, but it looks less obviously a copy of Xantalos and Putnam.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87654 on: September 09, 2012, 09:28:26 pm »

Download?
Just to save some lazy people a google search. Was on first page searching for just "Sil" though down a bit.

Anyway, Sil's pretty darn decent even if I'm not particularly fond of it myself :P

Haven't played too much, though. Too busy playing T4, and Sil's a little too minimalist (I guess) for me. Or maybe just too *band, even though it's about as *band as T4 is nowadays.

Maybe I'd just like it better if it weren't Tolkien? Tired of Tolkien based/heavily influenced roguelikes at this point, I think. At least at the moment.
Anyway salmon brought up Sil some pages back. It's a Tolkien themed roguelike that isn't an Angband clone to the point of nausea.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #87655 on: September 09, 2012, 09:29:14 pm »

I named a Cataclysm Character MaximumZero. This apparently injected him with enough badass to punch a Tank to death.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #87656 on: September 09, 2012, 10:16:07 pm »

Download?
Just to save some lazy people a google search. Was on first page searching for just "Sil" though down a bit.

Anyway, Sil's pretty darn decent even if I'm not particularly fond of it myself :P

Haven't played too much, though. Too busy playing T4, and Sil's a little too minimalist (I guess) for me. Or maybe just too *band, even though it's about as *band as T4 is nowadays.

Maybe I'd just like it better if it weren't Tolkien? Tired of Tolkien based/heavily influenced roguelikes at this point, I think. At least at the moment.
Anyway salmon brought up Sil some pages back. It's a Tolkien themed roguelike that isn't an Angband clone to the point of nausea.

It's a fucking awesome roguelike

I think it's only about a year old, but already very mature.  Very fresh design.  I've never played another roguelike that felt quite like it.  It's a heavily gutted and altered Angband variant.  It's also very Tolkien-savvy.  It's supposed to take place in the first age of Middle-Earth, and is very careful about only incorporating lore from that period of the mythology.  A full winning game takes roughly 8-10 solid hours of play.  I can verify this, because I was very close to winning the game just now.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #87657 on: September 09, 2012, 10:29:30 pm »

Download?

It's a fucking awesome roguelike

I think it's only about a year old, but already very mature.  Very fresh design.  I've never played another roguelike that felt quite like it.  It's a heavily gutted and altered Angband variant.  It's also very Tolkien-savvy.  It's supposed to take place in the first age of Middle-Earth, and is very careful about only incorporating lore from that period of the mythology.  A full winning game takes roughly 8-10 solid hours of play.  I can verify this, because I was very close to winning the game just now.

I don't suppose your arm, and the Silmaril with it, is now in the belly of some canine abomination?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87658 on: September 09, 2012, 10:29:45 pm »

I named a Cataclysm Character MaximumZero. This apparently injected him with enough badass to punch a Tank to death.

O_O

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87659 on: September 09, 2012, 10:40:54 pm »

The Code accepts him. Truly, this is proof that he is great.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 5842 5843 [5844] 5845 5846 ... 13325