Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5816 5817 [5818] 5819 5820 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15750644 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87255 on: September 05, 2012, 08:52:16 pm »

I met a cool guy through a mutual friend of ours. The first thing I noticed about him was that his shirt said Dragon Army. Yes, that Dragon Army.
I MUST HAVE ONE.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #87256 on: September 05, 2012, 09:04:24 pm »

it was sold as a 8gig, but to data storage companies, 1 gigabyte = 1,000,000,000 bytes. which is not the real amount of bytes that go into a Gigabyte, so what was sold as a 8 gig, was in their flawed opinion really 8 gigs, because it's 8,000,000,000 bytes, but to any computer thats only 7.45 gigs,
marketing things in that way should be illegal.
There seems to be some minor debate on how data storage should be marketed. While powers of 2 makes sense from a computer perspective, it makes sense from a metric perspective to keep things in base 10. Companies should have to specify what metric they are using though, because technical terms like 4G are being shafted.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87257 on: September 05, 2012, 09:16:05 pm »

I just got a new 7.45 gig flash drive for $6, that's under $1 per gigabyte!
I named it Holocron and spend the last 30 min. or so making a nice Jedi Holocron icon for it.
 :D

Hook a brother up.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87258 on: September 05, 2012, 09:21:44 pm »

They sell $12 16 gig ones in officemax. I need to buy one.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87259 on: September 05, 2012, 09:22:27 pm »

I met a cool guy through a mutual friend of ours. The first thing I noticed about him was that his shirt said Dragon Army. Yes, that Dragon Army.
I MUST HAVE ONE.
Did I ever tell you that my parents do custom t-shirts and are starving for cash? No? Well, it's true. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87260 on: September 05, 2012, 09:22:37 pm »

I got a 2 gig one a while back for like $8 and I thought it cheap D:
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87261 on: September 05, 2012, 09:25:31 pm »

I got a 32-gig flashdrive for like 20 bucks or something like that (I can't really remember, except that it was less than $30) at Staples a while ago.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87262 on: September 05, 2012, 09:26:26 pm »

I got a 2 gig one a while back for like $8 and I thought it cheap D:
ever since eighth grade i bought the top of the line size at the $25 price. so i went from 512mb,1gb, 2gb, to finally 8gb.
reasons why of course i lost the others :P

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87263 on: September 05, 2012, 09:34:46 pm »

16gb for £6.50 on Amazon :o

When the hell did this happen?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87264 on: September 05, 2012, 09:36:32 pm »

16gb for £6.50 on Amazon :o

When the hell did this happen?
probably the same time SSD prices dropped.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87265 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:55 pm »

How the fuck did I wind up drunk so fast?

What am I drinking? Glad you asked! 4/5 of a 20 oz glass of Mike's Harder Lime, 5 ice cubes, and top off with spiced rum.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87266 on: September 05, 2012, 10:03:46 pm »

How the fuck did I wind up drunk so fast?

What am I drinking? Glad you asked! 4/5 of a 20 oz glass of Mike's Harder Lime, 5 ice cubes, and top off with spiced rum.
that sounds amazing, ned to combine!!!!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87267 on: September 05, 2012, 10:06:25 pm »

I need to add Whiskey, Bourbon and Tequila. Then, I'll be drinking Voltron.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87268 on: September 05, 2012, 10:14:38 pm »

;_; so.....beautiful

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87269 on: September 05, 2012, 10:18:09 pm »

;_; so.....beautiful

Make Jello shots of various colors. Slice them up and put them in shot glasses according to ROYGBIV. Drink two in quick succession. Puke double rainbows all the way across the sky.

Pages: 1 ... 5816 5817 [5818] 5819 5820 ... 13325