Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5787 5788 [5789] 5790 5791 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15761175 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86820 on: August 30, 2012, 11:50:05 pm »

C'mon man, you could take any mugger or murderer.

... Out on a nice date.

"OH mugger, I never asked for this, I never knew true love would find me in a dark alley. You came for my money, but you only stole my heart. Now, take off that ski mask and kiss me!"

That's how I got my first girlfriend, actually. Always wondered what she was doing mugging people, seeing as how she was 5 foot nothing and barely ninety pounds. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86821 on: August 31, 2012, 12:24:12 am »

Reading the D&D rules in a strict-constructionist-to-a-fault manner. For instance, we have the rules for Knowledge checks.

Spoiler: Shenanigans (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:55:46 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86822 on: August 31, 2012, 12:31:31 am »

Wow. So you can milk a cow and have no fucking clue what a cow is, or you can out-detect evil a level twenty paladin while playing as a level two wizard with a shitton of points in knowledge evil?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86823 on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:04 am »

So, this thing that I'm working on for some of you guys? Yeah, it's up over 10 pages, and it really shouldn't be, because I'm not even half done yet. WHAT AM I DOING!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86824 on: August 31, 2012, 12:55:28 am »

Wow. So you can milk a cow and have no fucking clue what a cow is, or you can out-detect evil a level twenty paladin while playing as a level two wizard with a shitton of points in knowledge evil?
Essentially. Although, technically, your points in knowledge would have to be in something like religion, which would allow you to identify evil undead and such. Unfortunately, you would have to cover the knowledge categories associated with every kind of creature in order to completely outclass the Paladin (and you'd still have to actually make the check).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #86825 on: August 31, 2012, 01:08:07 am »

RE: Happy Thread

I made this. I decided that after so long using the DnDtools website, I'd join the team and help them flesh it out a bit more. I wrote everything on that there page, added all the spells to the lists at the bottom, everything. I made something that is going to help people. Feels good, man.
Disclaimer: You're not supposed to look at the link if you don't have the Miniatures Handbook. It's bad juju and might incur the wrath of the Coastal Wizards or something.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86826 on: August 31, 2012, 01:12:48 am »

Dude, that's a surprisingly badass class for something called 'Healer'.

Healer: Hey, I can heal you...
Bad guy: Bwahaha, I'll kill you foolish cleric!
Healer: Ahem. I'm not a motherfucking cleric. *Que unicorn*
*Kills badguy*
*Brings him back to life*
Healer: Seriously though, don't be such a dick in the future.

I give you ten points from Whose Line is it Anyway. :D
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86827 on: August 31, 2012, 01:13:57 am »

But...but those points don't matter! D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #86828 on: August 31, 2012, 01:28:02 am »

Dude, that's a surprisingly badass class for something called 'Healer'.

Healer: Hey, I can heal you...
Bad guy: Bwahaha, I'll kill you foolish cleric!
Healer: Ahem. I'm not a motherfucking cleric. *Que unicorn*
*Kills badguy*
*Brings him back to life*
Healer: Seriously though, don't be such a dick in the future.

I give you ten points from Whose Line is it Anyway. :D
Thanks! Unfortunately, the Healer isn't actually very badass if you're a standard adventurer with standard adventuring motivations. Light armor, little choice in weaponry, and literally no spells that allow an enemy to come to harm. (Except Gate, but by the time you're summoning angels to do your adventuring for you, you're fairly well done with a campaign.)

Dat unicorn though, man. It can really wreck some shit. It might actually be better than a druid's animal companion just by virtue of being able to cast spells on its own.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86829 on: August 31, 2012, 01:45:17 am »

I have been researching Prohibition era crime lately. There are some really fascinating stories, such as this one:

Two 1920s bootlegger gangs join forces to fight the Ku Klux Klan.

Alchohol: 1, Bigotry: 0.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86830 on: August 31, 2012, 01:51:23 am »

I have been researching Prohibition era crime lately. There are some really fascinating stories, such as this one:

Eh, the bootleggers were technically criminals, and didn't want to lose money or customers. I kinda doubt that fighting bigotry had much to do with it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86831 on: August 31, 2012, 01:53:04 am »

Eh, the bootleggers were technically criminals, and didn't want to lose money or customers. I kinda doubt that fighting bigotry had much to do with it.
Well, KKK hated immigrants and he was jewish so maybe there was resentment, especially when fighting alongside with the Shelton brothers.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86832 on: August 31, 2012, 02:03:13 am »

Well, KKK hated immigrants and he was jewish so maybe there was resentment, especially when fighting alongside with the Shelton brothers.
Birger I could maybe see fighting the Klan for ideological reasons (they do hate Jews, and probably Russians, along with dozens of other groups), but I can't find anything about the ethnicity or religious status of the Shelton brothers.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86833 on: August 31, 2012, 02:08:45 am »

What? I never said anything about ideological reasons... ??? The KKK were pro-prohibition and actively against alchohol consumption, that's what caused the whole thing, apparently.
That's what it says in the article, at least. They were basically searching houses and imprisoning anyone they found violating prohibition.
That would've been very bad for bootlegging business, I imagine. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86834 on: August 31, 2012, 02:12:46 am »

See, when you said "Bigotry: 0", I thought you were implying that the bootleggers fought the KKK because they committed hate crimes, not just because they were pro-Prohibition.

Communication/Comprehension failure :P

Pages: 1 ... 5787 5788 [5789] 5790 5791 ... 13325