Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5783 5784 [5785] 5786 5787 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15758930 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86760 on: August 30, 2012, 01:27:50 pm »

The energy monopoly in Belgium is breaking, the biggest company, Electrabel, lost a record amount of customers this year.
To be fair, a large amount of the other compagnies are buying their electricity from there, by governement ruling.
He's a gnome! Get him!

Quote from:  Roger Waters - Amused to Death
And when they found our shadows
Grouped 'round the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death

I love both of you for these references. The first one is from Kingdom of Loathing, for those who didn't get it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86761 on: August 30, 2012, 01:57:23 pm »

Quote from:  Roger Waters - Amused to Death
And when they found our shadows
Grouped 'round the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death

I love both of you for these references. The first one is from Kingdom of Loathing, for those who didn't get it.

And I will never again see such a perfect opportunity to reference one of my favorite albums.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86762 on: August 30, 2012, 02:03:02 pm »

Annual fair starts tomorrow. And the first day is basically 'all the rides you can handle for ~$20'. I'm gonna ride this one centrifuge-type ride they have until I puke!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #86763 on: August 30, 2012, 02:25:37 pm »

I love you for gettigng the referegnce.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86764 on: August 30, 2012, 03:32:46 pm »

Annual fair starts tomorrow. And the first day is basically 'all the rides you can handle for ~$20'. I'm gonna ride this one centrifuge-type ride they have until I puke!
Love that one.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86765 on: August 30, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »

Reading up on Gen I pokemon glitches. Damn this is intresting.

Especially for somebody who barely played any pokemon games (except for the mystery dungeon red one) and never really played any old games in general. My first console was a Nintendo DS Lite.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86766 on: August 30, 2012, 03:58:20 pm »

Apparently the ISP guys did a hard reset on the router, because it's past 11 PM and I still have WLAN. Woot!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #86767 on: August 30, 2012, 03:59:54 pm »

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/08/30/chocoholics-rejoice-milk-chocolate-may-reduce-stroke-risk-in-men

You're all pioneers in healthy living. Also a bunch of researchers think that isn't sarcastic.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86768 on: August 30, 2012, 04:06:41 pm »

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/08/30/chocoholics-rejoice-milk-chocolate-may-reduce-stroke-risk-in-men

You're all pioneers in healthy living. Also a bunch of researchers think that isn't sarcastic.
well, chocolate acts to reduce swelling in lungs for people who have asthma, who's to say it won't do the same to veins etc. (which are the main cause of a stroke, or cerebrovascular accident, caused by an aneurysm in a vein/artery in the head. basically, vein/artery goes pop, cue heavy bleeding inside the brain)

Reduce swelling of the lungs, increase swelling of the gut? Basically it's a wash? A tasty chocolate flavored wash..... It's a lovely Hersey's chocolate (truean is paid $0.05) idea that could only be made better by even more Hersey's chocolate (truean is paid $0.05) or perhaps enough Hersey's chocolate (truean is paid $0.05) to fill the god damn room. Come on people, you're all at risk for strokes and clearly the research says Hersey's chocolate (truean is paid $0.05) will lower your risk.

That's right, I'm pretending to sell out your health and well being for nickles. I care only for the relevant research.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86769 on: August 30, 2012, 04:09:12 pm »

I tried hersey's chocolate.

tasted like cadbury's with an aftertaste of vomit.

You just go ahead and get your own pretend, completely not real internet endorsement contract Mr. I have clearly staked out my claim to the Hersey's chocolate (truean is paid $0.05) notion of sponsorship. Please don't belie the good name of Hersey's chocolate (truean is paid $0.05), because we all know Hersey's chocolate (truean is paid $0.05), is the most wonderful thing since Hersey's chocolate (truean is paid $0.05).

:P

Please don't quote me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #86770 on: August 30, 2012, 04:11:31 pm »

I tried hersey's chocolate.

tasted like cadbury's with an aftertaste of vomit.

"Milk Chocolate" in the is often made with spoiled milk (i have no idea if Hershey's is one of the companies that  does this, but I would guess it is), which gives it that slight vomit flavor. I like the dark slightly bitter chocolate myself.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86771 on: August 30, 2012, 04:16:23 pm »

* kaijyuu friggin loves hershey's milk chocolate

I could snack on those all day. No nuts or anything either; plain ol' chocolate. Num :3
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86772 on: August 30, 2012, 04:26:08 pm »

There used to be a production plant for Hershey's near where I live. It's gone now. I have many fond memories of visiting it. They had a tour.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86773 on: August 30, 2012, 04:30:20 pm »

The downside to buying chocolate though, of course, is the extra child slave labor they put in every drop.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #86774 on: August 30, 2012, 04:41:33 pm »

After a couple weeks hiatus from Steam, I was intrigued to see Steam Greenlight. I noticed Towns was on the list (and made a post/upvoted/favorited) and then I stumbled across something that got me all kinds more excited.

What's that in the sky? Is it a bird? A plane? ...What IS that? "FIRE!!" *KABOOM!!!* It's an airship.

Remember that one game that I had playing on my livestream channel as part of it's cycle between recordings with all the airships? That was a mod for Unreal Tournament 2k4 called AirBuccaneers, made by Ludocraft. Well, guess what? It's still in development as it's own standalone game.

As your future captain, I order you future deckhands to up-vote this game to be available on Steam.

WE SET SAIL FOR THE SKIES!!!

EDIT:
Found the game's main site, and it turns out we can download a free alpha version of the game. I would figure you get more content from the full game. Downloading it right now.

EDIT:
Game still needs a little more work, but it's beautiful nonetheless. Without an account, i wasn't able to battle against anyone (not even bots), but still, they really streamlined the controls, and the game is much easier to play functionally.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:30:41 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 5783 5784 [5785] 5786 5787 ... 13325