Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5777 5778 [5779] 5780 5781 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15750208 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86670 on: August 29, 2012, 12:36:24 pm »

Well, I've always wanted an excuse to move to Europe.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86671 on: August 29, 2012, 12:37:59 pm »

Compared to what is available in Sweden (and what I had before I moved to attend uni.) this isn't great. Sure it ain't bad but there is alot better out there. This is I believe advertised as 100/10, I used to have a 100/100 that was alot more stable and there are speeds ranging up to 1gbit/s to get as well in this little obovoid country.
What annoys me is the /10 part of this connection.

Dude. I am lucky to be able to get a hypothetical 8mbit/s down and 750kbit/s up connection here in the US. And I have the best provider in town, the next best internet  here is 1mbit/s down and who the hell knows how slow up.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #86672 on: August 29, 2012, 12:43:08 pm »

The lesson we learned today is everyone should move to Sweden. Don't forget, we have Swedish Meatballs and the best kanelbullar in the world as well :)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86673 on: August 29, 2012, 12:45:22 pm »

No. Everyone should move to the moon. Because SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCEEEE!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #86674 on: August 29, 2012, 12:49:16 pm »

No. Everyone should move to the moon. Because SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCEEEE!

Man, you don't want to be playing counterstrike from the moon. The ping is terrible.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86675 on: August 29, 2012, 12:52:23 pm »

Europe has real internet thanks to having actual competition instead of 1 or 2 local monopolies. Most of the US is stuck with lazy monopolists who can't be arsed to do anything.
Fixed that for you.

I'm not saying its bad, but look at Google Fiber, and Sonic.net, and then look at the rest of the US. I'm within couple hours drive of DC and still can't get an A.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #86677 on: August 29, 2012, 01:25:48 pm »

I'm perfectly content with this. Those nights when it has cut out completely, I did not like, but, fortunately, that hasn't happened in a while.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #86678 on: August 29, 2012, 01:33:14 pm »

So yeah, first day at new school. That place is amazing, its very new for a building and beautifully designed. And the toilets are huge and comfy compared to, well any school I've ever been in. The last one was exact opposite of this one so this is quite of an improvement. The subject Im studying should be a LOT more interesting too, which is probably the most important thing.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86679 on: August 29, 2012, 01:46:04 pm »

Why do I nerd out so hard when people dig into really obscure development and story universe nuances in videogames?
Cuz it's awesome :P
Thanks to that link, and checking out Grand Theft Auto's entry, I now know about Retro City Rampage, and want to play it when it gets released.
That looks completely insane in the best way possible.
*insert image macro I'm too lazy to find*
Also, why is it that every few dozen pages you guys start comparing internet connections?
It makes me feel all inadequate.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86680 on: August 29, 2012, 02:04:13 pm »

Our chem teacher trolled us this week. She drilled it into our heads that by Chapter 2's end we had to have a few dozen different unit conversation formulas memorized, know the first 60 elements by heart and remember all the random Chem History facts that increased the size of the book by at least 0.5 dm^3 (500 cm^3, 500 mL, 0.132086 US gal rounded by significant figures to 0.1 HELP SOMEONE)

None of that was on the test. This WOULD be rage or WTF thread material, but by the time I spent an entire week frying every non-chem fact out of my brain, I knew almost all the stuff on the quiz off the top of my head. I am now beginning to believe this was some bullshit Reverse Miyagi plot in which getting my black belt is the ultimate way to learn wiping on and wiping off.

Canisaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86681 on: August 29, 2012, 02:06:50 pm »

Having fiber doesn't mean crap when your ISP rate limits it like DSL.  I have fiber simply because it's cheaper than running copper in new developments.  I'm lucky they're giving me 20/2.

Canisaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86682 on: August 29, 2012, 02:09:15 pm »

Our chem teacher trolled us this week...

I think it's a chem teacher thing.  My organic chem teacher in college talked about relevant stuff for 10 minutes (if we were lucky) and then spent the rest of the lecture on some tangent about fishing.  The tests consisted of the material that he should have been covering while he was talking about said fishing.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86683 on: August 29, 2012, 02:40:17 pm »

Hurray for Uni internet. We're plugged directly into the network!

My organic chemsitry did that has well. Spent his time raging about penguin and pandas (Don't get him started on pandas!). Then would ask question at the test that were never covered in class, "But you should have been able to guess it!".

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5777 5778 [5779] 5780 5781 ... 13325