Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5737 5738 [5739] 5740 5741 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15802813 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86070 on: August 21, 2012, 09:03:20 am »

Interviewed for a job this morning. An actual honest-to-God IT job. Where I'm not tethered to a phone. And I'd actually have to fire more than three or four neurons a day! And I'd get to travel!

Trying not to get my hopes up, so that I won't be glum when I don't get it.

I'm sure you can ROCK THE HOUSE, Redking. :)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86071 on: August 21, 2012, 09:16:34 am »

Oh, looks like i CAN use my ps3 controllers for cortex command :D

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86072 on: August 21, 2012, 10:02:27 am »

Oh, looks like i CAN use my ps3 controllers for cortex command :D
How did you do that?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86073 on: August 21, 2012, 10:17:58 am »

Apparantly there's this tool called motionjoy that lets you do it. Havent tried it tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86074 on: August 21, 2012, 10:54:06 am »

Today's xkcd what-if

basically, the old one of "what would happen if everybody on the planet stood in one group and jumped at the same time?"

Since the answer is pretty easily determined to be "nothing", Randall decided to follow the Mythbusters model of taking it to a logical extreme to make it interesting.

Basically the act of all of us jumping at once wouldn't do anything, but the act of trying to get everybody back home would mean the end of civilization as we know it.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86075 on: August 21, 2012, 10:56:38 am »

And knowing my luck, I'd probably be one of the poor schmucks who never even makes it out of Rhode Island after the jump.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86076 on: August 21, 2012, 10:59:57 am »

Nah, it'd throw off the Earth's orbit and send us careening into the sun.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #86078 on: August 21, 2012, 11:16:47 am »

I'm never going to be able to unsee that resemblance.

I can. I'll even help!
Spoiler: Possible spoilers ahoy (click to show/hide)

You're really just giving the "evil Abraham Lincoln" idea more credibility.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86079 on: August 21, 2012, 11:18:17 am »

Nah, it'd throw off the Earth's orbit and send us careening into the sun.
I know that was for the lolz, but I wanted to do the numbers myself.

Simple math:

Average mass of a human being: 62kg
World population = 7.034 billion (estimated)
Total mass of humanity = ~4.36 x 1011 kg

Mass of Earth = 5.97 x 1024 kg

If you clumped every living person on the planet together into a ball of meat, we'd wouldn't come close to qualifying as a minor asteroid (most of which are in the 1016 to 1018 range)
And we'd be impacting the Earth at a speed of about 4mph. Over an area the size of Rhode Island.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86080 on: August 21, 2012, 11:33:38 am »

So?!

Maybe the laws of physics would decide to do things "for the lolz", too. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86081 on: August 21, 2012, 11:36:21 am »

Haha, I like how he twisted it. People ask the question wanting to know how significant humanity could be if they worked together like that, and what do we get? We get shown how insignificant our effort would be. Not only that, the cost of our irrelevant attempt is massive. We'd pay a hefty price, and the planet we tried to move wouldn't even notice.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86082 on: August 21, 2012, 11:40:47 am »

I can't even comprehend what kind of printer that could be..

See for yourself.
Cool looking printer.  I think we have a few that are bigger around work.  I think they're all IBM, though.
Bigger than 17 feet wide and almost 7 feet tall, and over 7,000 lbs?
Huh.  I guess the internet is slimming.  Doesn't look that big in the pdf.  I think the biggest one I walk by regularly is ... 4-something high, and 3-something wide.  Never tried to pick it up, though. 

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86083 on: August 21, 2012, 12:17:42 pm »

The amount of force exerted by a few billion human feet against the planet is also rendered irrelevant not only by the mass of the planet, but also by the fact that gravitational force between the crowd and the earth would negate the force exerted to push them apart. Unless we left its gravitational sphere, we would pull eachother back together with the same force that pushed us apart.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86084 on: August 21, 2012, 01:08:14 pm »

Doing a bit of storage moving about, noticed old game boy pocket. Thing's from '96 at the latest, etc., etc. Had been sitting outside for a couple weeks, in dusty room for years before that, etc., etc.

Popped some batteries in. Turned it on. On went marble madness. Thing's well over a decade old and poorly taken care of, but hell if it cares. Amazing how well built some things are, really. I guess planned obsolescence wasn't part of nintendo's business procedures back then~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5737 5738 [5739] 5740 5741 ... 13325