Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5725 5726 [5727] 5728 5729 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805749 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85890 on: August 19, 2012, 04:15:12 pm »

I punched a guy's drink out of his hand and nobody cared.

A really good friend of mine (the girl that friendzoned me a few pages back, which I'm now ok with) was at that concert. She mentioned something about her dad getting his drink knocked out of his hand by another guy.

Meanwhile, I was home, trying to play Minecraft with some friends, while the weather insisted that I had better things to do that didn't require electricity.

Yeah that storm was a bitch.  That did look like an old bald guy with a young woman who's drink I splattered (that's what he gets for walking behind people when horns are being thrown).  Did he say the punching guy was with an old dude in overalls with no shirt?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

John Galt Fanfiction

• Bay Watcher
  • HE SAID, DISROBING OBJECTIVELY, SLOWLY, LOVINGLY
    • View Profile
    • CANDY CANDY CANDY CANDY CANDY
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85891 on: August 19, 2012, 05:03:00 pm »

Just registered not all of 20 minutes ago, so I guess I'm happy to do have done that? Might as well get the obligatory 'post in Happy thread' post out of the way while I'm at it.

ed:

A really good friend of mine (the girl that friendzoned me a few pages back, which I'm now ok with)

Can I assume this person's already been yelled at for perpetuating the concept of a 'friend zone'? That would make me happy.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85892 on: August 19, 2012, 05:05:12 pm »

It's implied.

Also, your avatar scares me. >->
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

John Galt Fanfiction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #85894 on: August 19, 2012, 05:14:00 pm »

Friendzoning has an article on Wikipedia about it.

It must be legit.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85895 on: August 19, 2012, 05:16:12 pm »

"Friendzoning" is indicative of an improper approach. If you want to date a girl, ask her out. Sheesh.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #85896 on: August 19, 2012, 05:35:15 pm »

Friendszoning is more indicative of not having any romantic balls.

Personally, I have so few romantic balls it's more like a romantic vagina. :-\
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85897 on: August 19, 2012, 05:48:19 pm »

I think Hank Green put it best when he said, "USE YOUR WORDS!"

EDIT: Oh, and today's happy, got to do more plumbing today... This stuff really isn't as hard as I thought it would be.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:55:22 pm by Pnx »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85898 on: August 19, 2012, 06:23:18 pm »

In not entirely unrelated news, there's a movie called Cowboys and Aliens. It's exactly what it sounds like, except that it was apparently taken seriously enough to include Harrison Ford.
It was actually pretty good, believe it or not. I thought it was gonna be pretty stupid, but it really wasn't.
I think I'd amend this to say that it was one of those things with a lot of glaring, unresolved problems, but was actually surprisingly good if you didn't let those bother you. I enjoyed it and thought it was good too, but it's hard for me to say it was an objectively good movie.

I'll also say that it was good on its own merits, not so hilariously bad it was good, which is kind of an accomplishment in itself.

When I go to see an action movie I just shut the nerd part of my brain off. That makes every action movie ever palatable.

Speaking of which, I'm off to see The Expendables 2!

Worth it just to see Chuck Norris makes Chuck Norris jokes on-screen.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85899 on: August 19, 2012, 06:24:54 pm »

Friendszoning is more indicative of not having any romantic balls.

Personally, I have so few romantic balls it's more like a romantic vagina. :-\

"Friendzoning" is indicative of an improper approach. If you want to date a girl, ask her out. Sheesh.

I did ask her out. It's more indicative of the fact that us dating won't work right now due to circumstances out of our control, coupled with her having some real jerks for boyfriends in the past, so she didn't want to get emotionally attached to me unless we found a way to make it work. We didn't, so friendzone ho!

Although now I'm not sure if this qualifies as the friendzone, because she told me she would still date me if the circumstances were better. I dunno.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85900 on: August 19, 2012, 06:27:32 pm »

"After five days of intense pain and agony... the cobra died."

All of my yes.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

John Galt Fanfiction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85901 on: August 19, 2012, 06:28:56 pm »

The friendzone is an entirely fictional construct that people invent to excuse that the real reason that someone doesn't want to sex your dick (or appropriate sexual orifice) is that they just don't think of you like that, man, and not because you're probably a massive creep or have been unable or unwilling to make yourself appealing or approachable by another person.

Basically, it's people complaining that every member of the opposite sex (or whatever) should have a responsibility and obligation to sleep with them, because who wouldn't, amiright?

But anyways.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #85902 on: August 19, 2012, 06:44:44 pm »

The "friendzone" is an offense even/especially if sex isn't even any of your main objectives, and you just want someone to be romantic with. At least, back in my young days, I was one of those good ol' kids raised to wait until marriage and such. Still got friendzoned like the plague.

Basically, a friendzone of that caliber is the equivalent of nerfing a nerf gun, and not a howitzer like most cases where it would be more appropriate to avoid doing someone they find unappealing to their absurd standards.

John Galt Fanfiction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85903 on: August 19, 2012, 06:54:24 pm »

You're still talking like the opposite sex is obligated to have a romantic interest in you because you have a romantic interest in them.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #85904 on: August 19, 2012, 07:17:33 pm »

It's pretty okay if you're not actually angling for romance. Mutual friend zones are pretty much tops. And even if it is unfortunate, you're still in perfectly morally acceptable territory as long as you're treating it as a misfortune that they don't feel that way, rather than a fault in their character.

EDIT: In any case, this is the happy thread, so let's try to keep happy. Just as a reminder.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5725 5726 [5727] 5728 5729 ... 13325