Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5724 5725 [5726] 5727 5728 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805792 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85875 on: August 19, 2012, 11:09:51 am »

... I want a copy of it when you're done. Although that depends on what edition you're making it for. 4th edition, forget it. 4th edition BURNSSSSS USSSS. 3.5e, sure, why not. I can always convert it to 1st ed. AD&D. Given enough time and/or caffeine.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85876 on: August 19, 2012, 11:23:10 am »

4th edition BURNSSSSS USSSS.
Kinda like vampires in sunlight?

Although that'd be implying that the sun wasn't  an uniformally bad thing.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85877 on: August 19, 2012, 11:28:40 am »

4th edition BURNSSSSS USSSS.
Kinda like vampires in sunlight?.

Try like vampires within 0.01 au of the sun.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #85878 on: August 19, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »

Yo, Bauglir. I've a player in my meatspace game that might appreciate said class when you're done with it. Mind putting it up somewhere for public use when you finish it? There've been a few attempts to make a balanced Truenaming class, but none that have quite worked out yet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85879 on: August 19, 2012, 12:19:50 pm »

The Truenamer class: so bad it breaks the metagame.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85880 on: August 19, 2012, 12:57:35 pm »

In not entirely unrelated news, there's a movie called Cowboys and Aliens. It's exactly what it sounds like, except that it was apparently taken seriously enough to include Harrison Ford.
It was actually pretty good, believe it or not. I thought it was gonna be pretty stupid, but it really wasn't.
I think I'd amend this to say that it was one of those things with a lot of glaring, unresolved problems, but was actually surprisingly good if you didn't let those bother you. I enjoyed it and thought it was good too, but it's hard for me to say it was an objectively good movie.

I'll also say that it was good on its own merits, not so hilariously bad it was good, which is kind of an accomplishment in itself.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85881 on: August 19, 2012, 12:59:23 pm »

I saw it a while back and remember thinking it to be... adequate. Not at all a bad movie, but not good enough to transcend its cheesy premise entirely.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85882 on: August 19, 2012, 01:18:00 pm »

Now on faaast uni internet--6MB/s download speed! :3

Also downloading CS:GO beta as I type.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85883 on: August 19, 2012, 01:20:51 pm »

In not entirely unrelated news, there's a movie called Cowboys and Aliens. It's exactly what it sounds like, except that it was apparently taken seriously enough to include Harrison Ford.
It was actually pretty good, believe it or not. I thought it was gonna be pretty stupid, but it really wasn't.
I think I'd amend this to say that it was one of those things with a lot of glaring, unresolved problems, but was actually surprisingly good if you didn't let those bother you. I enjoyed it and thought it was good too, but it's hard for me to say it was an objectively good movie.

I'll also say that it was good on its own merits, not so hilariously bad it was good, which is kind of an accomplishment in itself.

When I go to see an action movie I just shut the nerd part of my brain off. That makes every action movie ever palatable.

Speaking of which, I'm off to see The Expendables 2!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85884 on: August 19, 2012, 02:48:04 pm »

Yay! New Lackadaisy!

...That is all.

Edit: Yay! Rocky's not dead! He's probably got permanent brain-damage, but still!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:49:52 pm by Vorthon »

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85885 on: August 19, 2012, 03:03:17 pm »

Yay! Been waiting for that to be updated.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85886 on: August 19, 2012, 03:40:08 pm »

Well, some plans fell through and they almost fell through completely, but I managed to drag an old friend of mine out of his grave after two years (metaphorical grave, mind you) to see Iron Maiden in concert.  Since I now had an extra ticket, I invited my dad to go since he's been begging to go to a concert all summer.  More of a sixty's hard-rock guy, he thinks all heavy metal is Judas Priest and ergo all heavy metal is gay and wants nothing to do with it, but he was bored anyway.

We didn't get there in time to see Coheed and Cambria opening, but they have exactly one song anyone knows, and it sounded exactly like it does in Guitar Hero from outside the pavilion so big fuckin' whoop.  Bought a $40 tour shirt - it's The Trooper cover, repainted as charging from the Alamo in flames with the Lone Star flag.  All of three stops in Texas, and they went to the trouble of making a shirt.  I can wear it for legit and for irony.

Then the show.  Halfway through the opening song, my dad exclaimed, "This is a guitar orchestra" and as a guy who actually knows how to play a guitar, spent the whole two hour show desperately trying to keep up with air fingering.  And as Gene Simmons once said, nobody goes to a concert to hear experimental new crap or recorded backing.  You go to a concert to hear your favorite old hits played fast and loud, and holy shit did they deliver and then some.  Phantom of the Opera went from four minute puff to a ten minute rock odyssey with a completely separate instrumental in the middle of the bridge.  Fear of the Dark was punctuated by an actual lightning storm that swirled around the stadium without dropping any rain.  I punched a guy's drink out of his hand and nobody cared.  Two days later my throat is still sore.  And I managed to get everyone home safe and sound, despite being so, uh, exhausted that I didn't notice I was still wearing my sunglasses while driving back and forth across town at midnight.

Welp, I'm reunited with old friend, my dad worships the ground Dave Murray's fat ass walks on, and I can die happy.  Yay death!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85887 on: August 19, 2012, 03:45:53 pm »

Been talking back and forth with a friend of mine, these past few months. He's going through a... transitional period, recently coming to terms with being bi and is now considering whether or not he's trans. As depressed as I am, at least it feels good to help friends with their own stuff.

Now I gotta figure out why my encouraging words work on other people, yet I fail to convince myself with them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85888 on: August 19, 2012, 03:49:59 pm »

Well, some plans fell through and they almost fell through completely, but I managed to drag an old friend of mine out of his grave after two years (metaphorical grave, mind you) to see Iron Maiden in concert.  Since I now had an extra ticket, I invited my dad to go since he's been begging to go to a concert all summer.  More of a sixty's hard-rock guy, he thinks all heavy metal is Judas Priest and ergo all heavy metal is gay and wants nothing to do with it, but he was bored anyway.

We didn't get there in time to see Coheed and Cambria opening, but they have exactly one song anyone knows, and it sounded exactly like it does in Guitar Hero from outside the pavilion so big fuckin' whoop.  Bought a $40 tour shirt - it's The Trooper cover, repainted as charging from the Alamo in flames with the Lone Star flag.  All of three stops in Texas, and they went to the trouble of making a shirt.  I can wear it for legit and for irony.

Then the show.  Halfway through the opening song, my dad exclaimed, "This is a guitar orchestra" and as a guy who actually knows how to play a guitar, spent the whole two hour show desperately trying to keep up with air fingering.  And as Gene Simmons once said, nobody goes to a concert to hear experimental new crap or recorded backing.  You go to a concert to hear your favorite old hits played fast and loud, and holy shit did they deliver and then some.  Phantom of the Opera went from four minute puff to a ten minute rock odyssey with a completely separate instrumental in the middle of the bridge.  Fear of the Dark was punctuated by an actual lightning storm that swirled around the stadium without dropping any rain.  I punched a guy's drink out of his hand and nobody cared.  Two days later my throat is still sore.  And I managed to get everyone home safe and sound, despite being so, uh, exhausted that I didn't notice I was still wearing my sunglasses while driving back and forth across town at midnight.

Welp, I'm reunited with old friend, my dad worships the ground Dave Murray's fat ass walks on, and I can die happy.  Yay death!

A really good friend of mine (the girl that friendzoned me a few pages back, which I'm now ok with) was at that concert. She mentioned something about her dad getting his drink knocked out of his hand by another guy.

Meanwhile, I was home, trying to play Minecraft with some friends, while the weather insisted that I had better things to do that didn't require electricity.

Now I gotta figure out why my encouraging words work on other people, yet I fail to convince myself with them.

I hear you, man.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #85889 on: August 19, 2012, 03:56:27 pm »

I punched a guy's drink out of his hand and nobody cared.

"YEAH!" *Punch drink*

"YEAH!" *High five*
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 5724 5725 [5726] 5727 5728 ... 13325