Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5723 5724 [5725] 5726 5727 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805627 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85860 on: August 18, 2012, 07:03:34 pm »

Well, the players are freaking bloodthirsty and attacked the bandits, then nearly got killed. Then we spent a few hours in combat and several horses nearly died.

I love having my internet go out for hours at a time.

Anyway, while my internet was out for hours at a time, I came up with this.

..."this" is supposed to be a link to a youtube video, but the video that I was recording came out to 1.22 GB, so stay here for a moment.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85861 on: August 18, 2012, 07:09:54 pm »

Which reminds me - I've just finished preparing maps for a 12 hour D&D marathon tomorrow. Normally my meatspace games end after 4-5 hours because I run out of maps and whatnot to use, but I've spent the past two days ceaselessly mapping stuff out for my players as they're currently rather stuck on an island. I don't know if I'll be able to withstand the Insufferable Incantatar for 12 hours straight, but the rest of the party's a blast to hang out with.

Remember: When in doubt, pit traps filled with Black Puddings. TO THE BRIM.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #85862 on: August 18, 2012, 07:23:12 pm »

This also works with black pudding.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #85863 on: August 18, 2012, 07:44:29 pm »

So todays so far been a day of playing Claudun X2 and gawking at a blue haired girl in a skintight orange bodysuit and blue and white tabard with a cross on it.

You know what that's fine with me. Been a happy day.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85864 on: August 18, 2012, 07:46:05 pm »

Alternatively, push a gelatinous cube up through the floor.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #85865 on: August 18, 2012, 08:08:56 pm »

Alternatively, push a gelatinous cube up through the floor.
The Gelatinous Cube gets a lot of monster cred for perfectly filling dungeon hallways, but it takes a backseat in destructive power compared to the better Oozes of Various Colors. The Cube can paralyze a foe, but my bro Pudding just dissolves everything. Weapons that try to stab it. Armor trying to slow it down. Wizards. Hell, it even melts metal. They can split into equally-sized behemoths with the same stats, though with only half the HP. If you fall into one, you're basically screwed.

This also works with black pudding.
I now have an idea for a joke trap that will scare the hell out of my party. Black pudding from the sky! Black puddings in the kitchen!

Damn mischievous cooks.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85866 on: August 18, 2012, 08:28:13 pm »

Mmhh. Salty congealed blood~
*Hugs*

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #85867 on: August 18, 2012, 08:44:11 pm »

Gotten back to playing Starcon 2.

To truly enjoy the game, I've wiped my memory clean, and have been playing it the classic non-FAQ note taking way with Notepad++ to store my notes in a format/language file of my own (allows for me to use spoilers to save space and divide notes better). Just as well, I took a few minutes on the side to also craft an Excel spreadsheet to track how many resources I've been collecting, as well as Interstar Credits (by hunting creatures on alien worlds) to trade with the Melnorme. Streamlined my game playing so far, I'm halfway through the 2nd year of the game, and I already have an Ur-Quan killer of a flagship. Hell, I even collected so much in resources I can now devote it to crew an fuel exclusively. I also collected all tech upgrades from the Melnorme, I can now ask for current events and history, as well as buy fuel from them at more reasonable prices.

I forgot how much info everyone gives you throughout the game that's so useful. Provided you log them. Especially useful is taking a few moments to log the Quasi-Space portals and where they take you (especially the one that takes you close to home). I have a few more races and artifacts to collect before I can reach the endgame portion. I'm sorta kicking myself for not hitting one or two locations much earlier, but mining and monster hunting took higher priority, as well as a few time-critical events.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:49:44 pm by Itnetlolor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #85868 on: August 18, 2012, 09:09:34 pm »

I finally have the video of the thing I work on when my internet goes down up

here

This took way longer to upload than it should have because the damn internet went down during it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #85869 on: August 18, 2012, 09:16:19 pm »

That, my good sir, is absolutely rad.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #85870 on: August 19, 2012, 02:46:18 am »

Speaking of D&D (shut up, I know I'm late), I finished the first lexicon of my truespeech rewrite. These are the things characters actually learn, making them the smallest unit of the system available for characters to learn. The Lexicon of Fire, of the Dialect of the Unshaped Matter, clocks in at just under 2 pages, comprising 5 utterances of varying lengths and a reversed version of each, suggesting that by the time I've written enough of these to actually put the whole project up, I'll have approximately tripled the volume of text in this sucker, and that's not even including feats, items, and the prestige class this entire thing exists to make possible.

Ha ha ha, what have I done to myself. I've started looking at this as a test, to see if I can actually make myself follow through on a large project, even when I get to the gritty details. That's always been a problem for me, and it looks like I'm finally managing to get through it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85871 on: August 19, 2012, 04:23:49 am »

This would probably be of more interest to the WTF thread, but it really didn't cause that sort of reaction in me. Maybe I should go tell them anyway.

In not entirely unrelated news, there's a movie called Cowboys and Aliens. It's exactly what it sounds like, except that it was apparently taken seriously enough to include Harrison Ford.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85872 on: August 19, 2012, 09:43:27 am »

Speaking of D&D (shut up, I know I'm late), I finished the first lexicon of my truespeech rewrite. These are the things characters actually learn, making them the smallest unit of the system available for characters to learn. The Lexicon of Fire, of the Dialect of the Unshaped Matter, clocks in at just under 2 pages, comprising 5 utterances of varying lengths and a reversed version of each, suggesting that by the time I've written enough of these to actually put the whole project up, I'll have approximately tripled the volume of text in this sucker, and that's not even including feats, items, and the prestige class this entire thing exists to make possible.

Ha ha ha, what have I done to myself. I've started looking at this as a test, to see if I can actually make myself follow through on a large project, even when I get to the gritty details. That's always been a problem for me, and it looks like I'm finally managing to get through it.
Truespeech? FUS RO DAH!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85873 on: August 19, 2012, 09:51:57 am »

This would probably be of more interest to the WTF thread, but it really didn't cause that sort of reaction in me. Maybe I should go tell them anyway.

In not entirely unrelated news, there's a movie called Cowboys and Aliens. It's exactly what it sounds like, except that it was apparently taken seriously enough to include Harrison Ford.

It was actually pretty good, believe it or not. I thought it was gonna be pretty stupid, but it really wasn't.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #85874 on: August 19, 2012, 11:00:37 am »

Truespeech? FUS RO DAH!
This is actually a planned class, I shit you not.
Pages: 1 ... 5723 5724 [5725] 5726 5727 ... 13325