Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5709 5710 [5711] 5712 5713 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15810511 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85650 on: August 15, 2012, 12:27:41 pm »

Eagle shadow ninjas, ruin fighters and dragons in WWII-era Middle East. Evil has unleashed massive storms and pollution.
Night biofighters, potions and politicians in Modern Beijing. Don't forget about the forest, bard, psychic, wizard and wand.

That actually has potential.

Astral mages and vampires in 16th century Tibet. Some things you might run into: a legendary battle, a surprising inheritance, trickery and a theatrical production. Don't forget about the compass, wand, shaman, alchemist, flask and vampire.

Shit, make those hopping vampires and you've got a mid-1980s Tsui Hark film.

Spectral guardians, witches and doomed lovers in 25th century Mexico. The world is plagued by global war and various undead. Some things you might run into: a mighty feat, trickery, love and a fall. Don't forget about the greaves, veil, nail, flask and whistle.

That actually has some potential too. Mexican folklore is syncretic as hell, mashing-up Precolumbian myth and Catholicism and folk superstition. I mean, this is the same tableau that gave us La Llorona, Santa Muerte and Jesus Malverde.

This has been around the 'net for a good long while, but here's a Miami Times article from 1997 that purportedly describes this intricate mash-up mythology created by homeless kids in Miami. It's pretty amazing stuff.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #85651 on: August 15, 2012, 01:05:05 pm »

Eagle shadow ninjas, ruin fighters and dragons in WWII-era Middle East. Evil has unleashed massive storms and pollution.
Night biofighters, potions and politicians in Modern Beijing. Don't forget about the forest, bard, psychic, wizard and wand.

Astral mages and vampires in 16th century Tibet. Some things you might run into: a legendary battle, a surprising inheritance, trickery and a theatrical production. Don't forget about the compass, wand, shaman, alchemist, flask and vampire.

Robo-Vampire remains the only movie I HAD to switch off halfway through from pain, and I've watched Manos: Hands of Fate.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85652 on: August 15, 2012, 01:09:03 pm »

Just got me this: http://kidsdungeonadventure.com/

Heh... this is basically what my friends and I did as wee ones. By the early school years, we went on to what amounted to LARPing, despite having no knowledge of Tabletop Games or organized RPGs. We invented our own settings, plots, and a vague rules system, and used playgrounds, swamps, pine forests, and metroparks as sets to tell our stories in. Good memories.

Hope the young'un takes to it well; it looks like it could be a fun way to interact with the kids, and encourage some creativity.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85653 on: August 15, 2012, 01:13:51 pm »

Robo-Vampire remains the only movie I HAD to switch off halfway through from pain, and I've watched Manos: Hands of Fate.

Huh, never heard of that.....

*Google search*

??? :o

Buhhh....whaaaaa???
Okay, I have to find this somewhere.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #85654 on: August 15, 2012, 01:42:59 pm »

Just got me this: http://kidsdungeonadventure.com/

Heh... this is basically what my friends and I did as wee ones. By the early school years, we went on to what amounted to LARPing, despite having no knowledge of Tabletop Games or organized RPGs. We invented our own settings, plots, and a vague rules system, and used playgrounds, swamps, pine forests, and metroparks as sets to tell our stories in. Good memories.

Hope the young'un takes to it well; it looks like it could be a fun way to interact with the kids, and encourage some creativity.
In hindsight, I did a lot of this as a kid as well, although dangers were usually more environmental, and fights were more action sequences since we never came up with the concept of hitpoints.

First game: 5 monsters, retrieve the Golden Chalice for the King: Mission success. Response:
"Can we play again?"
"No, it's a beautiful day, we're going outside."
"... Aww please? Maybe mommy should make a brother or sister for me so I can play again with him."

AD&D: Get em while they're young ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85655 on: August 15, 2012, 01:58:20 pm »

Hmmm...I could see my daughter really enjoying this.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #85656 on: August 15, 2012, 02:22:38 pm »

It's 5.99 for a 7 page pdf, which is a bit much, imho, for such a simple ruleset. You could make up your own just as easy.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85657 on: August 15, 2012, 03:44:13 pm »

So, this is an awesome thing.

Except for mabe the skiing game. Thats debateably interesting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85658 on: August 15, 2012, 03:48:09 pm »

So, this is an awesome thing.

Except for mabe the skiing game. Thats debateably interesting.
That's pretty hilarious.
Support yourself

Getting these games won't
change the world, but
you'll sure have a good time.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85659 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:54 pm »

I'm seriously researching how to convert my car into an all electric car. So much money could be saved!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85660 on: August 15, 2012, 05:42:12 pm »

This game.

It is awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85662 on: August 15, 2012, 05:58:08 pm »

I went to the dentist today to fix some shadowing because I wasn't able to brush some of my teeth from having a spacer in. I was a little nervous and they asked me if they wanted to use laughing gas. I did and it was a breeze. Life is good.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85663 on: August 15, 2012, 06:10:28 pm »

This game.

It is awesome.
Is there some unwritten rule that game developers should ignore GNU/Linux? or have they a technical limitation?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85664 on: August 15, 2012, 06:12:03 pm »

Saw a guy that looked suspiciously like Elvis today.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 5709 5710 [5711] 5712 5713 ... 13326