Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5652 5653 [5654] 5655 5656 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15837736 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's made slightly less funny by the fact that people actually fall for these scans, but really, if you fall for something this kind of deserve it.
A family friend once got a call from someone demanding 250,000 RM in return for her daughter. Decades ago there were loads of people trying this scam before police started shutting it down. Someone would call and say they've kidnapped your child. They might be vague about it and depend on luck to see if you even had a kid, or they might do research beforehand and try to find docs like names to make it sound more convincing.

Problem :
Her daughter was in the same room as her.

And so she shouted loudly down the phone:

"YOU CAN KEEP HER I DON'T EVEN WANT HER."
(In very angry mandarin).

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

You said the daughter was in the same room?
Kinda funny and sad at the same time.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You said the daughter was in the same room?
Kinda funny and sad at the same time.
Funny enough, she was wasn't being serious when she was talking to Mr. Pseudo-kidnapper :P

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

It's made slightly less funny by the fact that people actually fall for these scans, but really, if you fall for something this kind of deserve it.
A family friend once got a call from someone demanding 250,000 RM in return for her daughter. Decades ago there were loads of people trying this scam before police started shutting it down. Someone would call and say they've kidnapped your child. They might be vague about it and depend on luck to see if you even had a kid, or they might do research beforehand and try to find docs like names to make it sound more convincing.

Problem :
Her daughter was in the same room as her.

And so she shouted loudly down the phone:

"YOU CAN KEEP HER I DON'T EVEN WANT HER."
(In very angry mandarin).
I could see someone actually falling for that though without being an idiot. If you lost contact with your son/daughter a few years ago due to them moving out and not having a phone or whatever, and you panicking and giving them some money (since I don't know how well exactly police work in China for poor people).

EDIT: Macromeme is far worse then TVtropes ever was, its still hillarious though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT2: IT IS A LITERAL BLACK HOLE, I CANNOT ESCAPE ITS POWER.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:45:49 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

/tg/ has the best screencaps out of any board on 4chan, you should read the one about Sir Bearington.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

After all the stupid drama died down, it was actually a pretty damn good party. Definitely a successful night.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile

mostly happy

Spoiler:  big image (click to show/hide)

and for the love of god, DON`T  START A Fucking Argument! I do not want to be the sole starter of one. I`m just saying that this is what i am trying to explain to these people.

Don't hotlink from 4chan, it just makes the image show up as a 4chan banner. In fact, don't hotlink at all as it creates a fuckload of problems.
sorry :(
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Happeh birthday to me~ Da na na na nah~
Congrats on surviving 1 more year on this planet :D
Happy birthday, Derm!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Happeh birthday to me~ Da na na na nah~
Congrats on surviving 1 more year on this planet :D
Happy birthday, Derm!
Have a potatoe!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

THIS IS THE BEST POTATO I'VE EVER BEEN TAUNTED WITH!~

:D
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I wanst taunting you :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I need practice and one half of my chin had long hairs, the other had too short, so now I've got a semi-stubble chin.

One important thing to remember is that your skin toughens up with regular shaving.  If you didn't cut yourself your first time, chalk it up to beginner's luck, because trust me you will sooner or later.  You do have a little pressure behind the blade or you get uneven results like yours.

My personal method is to first douse your face with as hot of water as you can stand (shaving right after a shower is good for this), then smear on your lather but don't start yet.  It works best if you just let it sit on your face for five or ten minutes so it can soak into the hair (which is why I don't shave in the shower).  And if didn't already figure it out, never ever shave against the grain.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This sounds amazing and I have to obtain it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

It's beautiful. FSOG has driven parody to a new level of excellence.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's beautiful. FSOG has driven parody to a new level of excellence.
I didn't even know you could do that with a book like grey
Pages: 1 ... 5652 5653 [5654] 5655 5656 ... 13326