Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5640 5641 [5642] 5643 5644 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776379 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

That was beautiful. It made me actually want to play GTA.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile

Got a phone today :)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, George Carlin. Hilarious old fuck. Deep thinker, too, when you carve out the humor.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiwZvPKhsDo&feature=player_embedded
I'm not a brony, but I thought this was pretty awesome.
I agree, looks like there was quite a lot of work put into that.

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Car-mageddon Part 1
Oh god.
Oh god.
I cannot stop laughing.
Criken's videos are almost always hilarious :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It took over an hour, but I finally got Yume 2kki installed. It's still in Japanese, but that's much better than nothing.

Also, earlier, it started raining while I was out jogging.

Oh god.
Oh god.
I cannot stop laughing.
Yes. I had to stop watching it, for fear of waking everyone here who's now asleep. Will have to watch it tomorrow.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Another Chick Fil A joke.  It's a pretty dirty one, just warning you skittish types.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I chuckled :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Oh god.
Oh god.
I cannot stop laughing.
Yes. I had to stop watching it, for fear of waking everyone here who's now asleep. Will have to watch it tomorrow.
You gotta watch this one too XD

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You gotta watch this one too XD
Added to the list.

I found the English translation for Yume 2kki. It's an old version, and not a particularly good translation, but at least I know what the instructions and intro are saying. Yay.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Oh, people are discovering Criken only now?

Psh :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, so I had a bad day, which turned into a meh day, which turned into a sad day, which turned into an awesome day, and for all the wrong reasons.

I was just feeling extremely lonely and out of touch with the world today, so I did something I don't usually do and just drove my car around instead of huddling in my room by myself. Through pure coincidence, there was a concert playing in the Bay City downtown stage, and I attended it because why not?

While I thought that the scenario was cool, getting to see a concert I didn't plan for or even knew about, it just made me feel even lonelier in that even though I was surrounded by a throng of people, I don't feel any sense of connection or community, and in a way just made me feel even more isolated.

So when the concert ended, I go to my car that's parked a block away, and I get to the door and think "Where am I going to go now?" and I just can't think of a place to go. I see that the streets will soon be flooded with the cars of people that are leaving the concert, so I just decide to take a walk.

And I walk along the Saginaw river, and I ponder some morose things. Like I see some ducks and I think "You're lucky ducks, you're bound together into groups by instinct and necessity so you probably don't feel loneliness, and you're lives aren't long enough to feel deep regret."

After that though, I keep on walking, down the road, seeing all the shops I'm semi-familiar with, and I get to the road leading down into Essexville and I keep on walking. So what was a short stroll is turning into a long walk.

and I keep going, thinking to myself that my life is so bland and tasteless, that I just want something, anything to happen to happen, even something really bad, I just want it to happen and change everything, to change the whole game. I keep walking and reach Essexville, and decided to keep walking through it. Eventually I walk all the way to the other side, so what was a long walk has now turned into a Journey.

I'm still angry at myself at this point, and I refuse to let myself turn back now. I'm angry that even though I'm so lonely, that I never approach people to try to get to know them, to become ingratiated into any group or try to get to know a woman or anything, that in my mind I'm still the outlier, the outsider, the loner, that even this journey that I'm taking is being done solo, by myself. I walk further into the outskirts of Essexville and at this point the sun has already set completely  and it's very dark out besides for some flashes of lightning in the horizon and the occasional streetlight. I reach the surrounding farmland, and I think that I should turn back, but you don't turn back in a Journey, it's not acceptable, so while I've run out of sidewalk, I keep walking down the gravel besides the now very dark farm road to perpetuate my irrational reasoning.

My journey has become some sort of twisted Quest now.

So I walk walk walk down the back road for a long time now. It's atleast 10 or 11 now, I've turned my cell phone off at this point because goddammit I don't want to be interrupted, I don't want to have to explain what I'm doing, I don't want to keep track of time, and in a weird way I want to cut myself off from potential help, that in case something perilous does happen while I'm out here by myself in some backwoods area, I want the danger to be real as humanly possible, and that I'll need to face it if I want to continue living, and I'm not allowed to pussy out and ask for help along the way.

While nothing dangerous does happen, I do get to see another fellow traveling the opposite direction on roller-blades. I eventually reach the first intersection in a long time and I take a right planning that I'll eventually loop back around to my starting location. My quest has now become an adventure.

At this point, it's very late. While the occasional car would pass by before and bother my train of thought, now there's noone. It's just me, the dark road, and the increasingly blusterous winds. It takes a long time before I hit another legit intersection, I went down a dead end by accident along the way, but this was the right way I was sure of it. I bought a map from a 7-11 before heading down this way, an action which steeled my upcoming resolve to even go this far, I was alittle ashamed of myself for lying to the cashier when she asked my if I was new to town. I told her I was some Tennessee tourist here to see some relatives, I don't know why I lied like that.

Anyway, now I was heading back towards the way I came. My feet and legs are now becoming really tired, but I know that I'm by myself and can't let fatigue overcome me in such a desolated area, so I press on and push the pain out of my head, because I know the only way I can go is forward now.

My adventure has become some sort of self-imposed forced march now.

I keep going, and I finally make it out of the farmland, and back into Essexville. It starts to rain, I love walking in the rain so I wish it starts raining harder.

And does it start raining harder. But still, I think that an adventure should have a formidable obstacle to overcome, and a storm is perfect for any setting, so I'm urging the rain to come down even harder still. The rain is more than happy to comply, and I'm hit with nonstop heavy rain and winds, and I'm soaked. Still though I want it to rain harder, that some maniac in me wants to have to wade through a flood to have to get back.

And while it doesn't flood, it's raining hard enough now that now I'm always walking through puddles, and my new sneakers are sopping wet now and filled with water, and I'm still far away from my destination. Now I'm inventing bullshit marching songs to give me strength to press on, my previous worries are forgotten about and I'm just focusing on each individual footfall and giving it some beat and rhythm in my head to keep me going. I eventually hit the road that I was originally on, and I'm on the right track. I'm my own motivational speaker at this point, where I only normally murmur to myself in public, now I'm almost yelling and laughing about any little bullshit to give me continued energy.

Finally hitting the stretch of road that my car is parked at, the rain and wind picks up and it's a torrential downpour now. I asked for rain, and holy tits did I get it. I'm getting walloped in the face with the water and wind always pushing me back and to and fro, and I'm needing to steady myself occasionally, and I'm just laughing and enjoying myself now. Despite the pain I felt earlier, I feel I overcame my self-imposed adversity and now I'm just living it up with lightning cracking and thunder booming overhead. This is truly the best chorus to a great experience, I'm thinking to myself. Of all the days to get this sweet sweet sweet rain, when I'm always asking for rain because we go for so long between rainstorms, and I get it today. I think it's almost ironic. When I finally get to my car, my legs are stiff and I need a few minutes just to collect myself.

And my forced march became some sort of enriching spiritual experience at the very end.

I take off my sopping wet shirt and put it aside, and my cell phone that I hope isn't damage, and my new map that got soaked in my pocket but I think can still dry out and be good. I take off my shoes just to shake all the water out of them, and listen to what is probably the best fucking smooth jazz I've ever heard while doing so. It felt better than great.

And then I just drive shirtless back home, and finally change out of these wet clothes. My feet have blisters or boils or something on them, but I still appreciate it all the same.

I hadn't planned for any of that, but I'm glad I did it. I charted my course on google maps and found that my entire walk was only about 9 miles.

Now I'm exhausted. I'm going to enjoy this sleep too.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Psh, I've been watching Criken since his Left 4 Dead videos :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Since Amnesia for me :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since Amnesia for me :P
If this were a contest, I'd clearly win ;)
But it isn't a contest, so whatever.

Let's see, happy thoughts...I can't think of any. Today has been pretty "meh" overall.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

That was really nice Josh.  I wish you posted stuff like this every night...

and I keep going, thinking to myself that my life is so bland and tasteless, that I just want something, anything to happen to happen, even something really bad, I just want it to happen and change everything, to change the whole game. I keep walking and reach Essexville, and decided to keep walking through it. Eventually I walk all the way to the other side, so what was a long walk has now turned into a Journey.
I really like this too.  I don't know.  I love thinking to myself, "This is great, this is exciting, this is amazing."  Cackle cackle.

I can't understand some people.  I avoid people.  I'm not out-going.

My parents are miserable and don't change anything about it.  I hate it.  It's always money.  They can't get along.  They're not happy.  It makes my stomach turn.  Even today and yesterday I heard them arguing.  Bickering.  Pointless worries.  I'm only 19.  You guys are way older than me and you still haven't found how to be happy?  How to at least enjoy yourself?  I can't ask them.  I don't feel like you can change people when there's so many.

When I'm out and about in real-life I think probably 100 times more than I actually talk.  I've seen this played as a gag but it's real.  I don't realize how little I want to interact with people until they try talking to me.  I don't know why.  Maybe I do.  I don't care.  I don't care or have any interest beyond affirmation or disagreement.

I was 'suppose' to hang out with my Dad like two weeks ago, but I didn't have the courage to call him and he never called me so I haven't talked to him since.  I went over the week before that, but it's weird.  My Dad is pretty much in a 'waiting' situation right now for reasons left unsaid.  I watch some movies with him and walked outside with him and ate food together but I'm not very comfortable in public.  In fact it's truly pathetic how powerless I am.  I can't imagine being attacked.

I wish my household was more positive and really it's probably better off being lonely than with them around.

I like taking showers because I can pretty much do what you said there without the traveling.  And it's like, guaranteed rain.  Of course, if there's people in the house it's bothersome because I'm self-conscious and don't want to stall anybodies churning bowels, whatever.  It's just nice to disconnect with everything and relax.  It's way more stress relieving than say...playing a game.

Last night I had a strange dream.  It wasn't crazy fantastical or monsters or surreal or anything really.  I just kind of...hanged out with a girl.  Which is suppose to be romantic.  Also it was nice which is shameful.  Because I'm an isolated person and it's obviously showing feelings with other people.  I don't like that I remembered it so clearly.

I don't think the dream knew what I desire.  I don't think I could be in a romantic relationship.  I've never been in a real one.  All of my friends on campus like me because of what I say.  I'm not charming.  I'm "funny".  I overly judge people harshly, in my mind.  I still manage to spit thoughts out on impulse so I always seem to leave the impression of 'high-strung but mellow' because of intense statements but also not ever getting into conflicts with anybody.

I mentioned this earlier but when my English professor gave my final manuscript back this spring semester (it was an A!) she mentioned if I wanted to talk to somebody.  I obviously don't have the courage to post the manuscript somewhere (not that you'd care), but I probably do fit the bill of having an unsound mind.

Going back to earlier...it's hard to see any deeper connections with anybody.  Even if I become involved with somebody deeper than ever before (hah) it's impossible I'd be able to comfort them.  I think I enjoy disarray.  Sorrow, despair, fear.  I've mentioned it in longing in the anime thread sometimes when I was excited (as in, not now) and even if it sounds melodramatic or attention-seeking I still desperately can't avoid it in myself.  I'm still way too awkward and a coward to laugh.  But I want to laugh now.

I can hear my Mother arguing with my step-Dad over something petty.  She's contradicting herself, he's contradicting himself.  I can't say anything.  They don't want to change.  They enjoy doing this, for me.  My Mother turns around and has the most anguished face her countenance could muster.  It's hilarious.

But it shouldn't be.  They always acted like this my whole life, it can't be changed.  Unless something dramatic/extreme happened (as I so wish, you seemed to mean something like that in the quote I kept) this situation won't change.  Shouldn't I enjoy it?  Why waste the negative on anxiety when it could be simulating to the mind?  Haha, why do you keep doing this.  It's so useless.  Fools.  Gleeful contempt.  They're blind and can't see what they have.  I'm blind and can't see what they want.  But clearly, what they want and what I want aren't the same thing.  But, I appear, to be, winning.

I have no ambition.  It goes along with the whole kind of 'lost in the fog' kind of bodily feeling.  But I think if you can find a stride it's rewarding.  Like for me it's fiction.  Good fiction, bad fiction.  It's all there to pick and part and devour.  Discuss in the community or one-a-one with buddies.

There is a serious lack of drive though.  I have depressing sleeping habits I don't even want to share (but will).  I over sleep.  I don't fall asleep until after the sun comes up.  I feel like I'm dreaming for days.  I lay in bed after waking up for at least half an hour.  This of course, won't apply when classes start up, but for now, it stays.

Do things others ask of you for no reason other than there's nothing else.

Scorn and mockery.

But that truly is ultimate bliss for me isn't it.  Ensnaring myself in wild delusions, grand fantasies, epic journeys/adventures (as you said) which make life truly worth experiencing.  Getting those wonderful happy shocks to the brain.  Laughing at people who don't understand how to live, because they don't want to.  Acting harshly.  Sharing those tales with others, hopefully sparking their own reverie.  It makes me really afraid of dying.  And I don't wish that on anybody.  I've never been big on hurting people so I keep my mouth shut...

I don't think I'd write like this unless it was late enough for me not to regret it.  Maybe I'll just toss and turn in bed.  Maybe I'll praise the house I'm living in for sheltering me against the outside world for weeks at a time.  And give thanks to my parents for having the courage to go outside, and praise them for working, and praise them for who they are, and shed a tear over what has been broken while smiling stupidly.
Pages: 1 ... 5640 5641 [5642] 5643 5644 ... 13325