Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5639 5640 [5641] 5642 5643 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778903 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

*Bursts trough wall*

I'm back from my vacation at the beach!
Lots of riding my bike, the coast region of Belgium is pretty much the only one that isnt urbanized.
Was there with my grandparents, not too annoying, just about everything went well.
Awesome weather, probably around 25 degrees every day.
Walk to village over beach, have ice cream, have drink, walk back trough forest.
Ride bike to random restaurant (about 10 km to go there), eat something, ride bike back using another route.

Only sad was that there wasnt alot of wind, so i didnt get a chance to use my kite, but thats only minor compared to the fun we had.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I'll be content with a job that either:

A) Is enjoyable. Maybe not fun, but certainly not painful or overly stressful. Or,
B) Is something I'll be proud of for reasons other than the paycheck.

I'm not a "goal oriented" person. If I do something solely for an arbitrary reward at the end, I'm going to loathe it. But if there's something I like about the process, I'll be fine.

I don't think that's too much to ask, even in this economy. And if it is, I'll work on my hobo skills.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Miauw: Good to hear it! :)

Welcome back.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

My favorite linguistics/writing system website has a page devoted to translating "My hovercraft is full of eels" into every imaginable language. Including Klingon. With MP3's of many of them being spoken!  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

That is awesome.

EDIT:
Behold, the dorf of dissaproval!
Quickly paint'd it togheter.
Tell me what you think, or how i could make it better.
No replies until tomorrow. (west-european time)

This will be one of my new avatars that i'm planning to make all by myself.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:02:37 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Are you sure thats not just the bookkeeper wearing windows on his eyes to see better?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

My favorite linguistics/writing system website has a page devoted to translating "My hovercraft is full of eels" into every imaginable language. Including Klingon. With MP3's of many of them being spoken!  :D

Heh, that is pretty cool.  I'm surprised some of the constructed languages like Lojban have words for Hovercraft and eel.  I almost wonder if they were invented specifically for this phrase.

Edit:  Hee hee, Toki Pona is kind of neat.  Words seem more like concepts rather than concrete things.  "kala linja" means "fish" "long/very thin/floppy thing".  Which is an eel.  Neat.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:38:44 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Over the last three days me and and about 15 other family members have dug a 250 foot long path, covered it in 35 tons of gravel (20 of that by hand), built about six massive flower beds, and are currently constructing a twelve foot tall swift tower. During this, my two uncles are constantly telling each other (jokingly) that they are going to shoot the other in the face. Ah, relatives.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

About to start up my first modded game of Skyrim, hopefully it runs.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiwZvPKhsDo&feature=player_embedded
I'm not a brony, but I thought this was pretty awesome.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

The graphics impress me (those are really, really nice sprites), but so far I haven't seen anything that couldn't be done in MUGEN. I question whether making their own engine was worth it.*

*Note: I am making my own game engine for something that could probably be done in RPG maker, so I'm a total hypocrite.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiwZvPKhsDo&feature=player_embedded
I'm not a brony, but I thought this was pretty awesome.
I still honestly question why that pony fighting game was at Evo. Just another reason to not take Evo seriously it seems.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Went to see The Dark Knight Rises. Good god, that is a very good movie.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Car-mageddon Part 1
Oh god.
Oh god.
I cannot stop laughing.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Neither can I!
Not even an enclosed room was safe from sudden CAR!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5639 5640 [5641] 5642 5643 ... 13325