Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5630 5631 [5632] 5633 5634 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783981 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Began watching Gravity Falls, this show is rather good.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Began watching Gravity Falls, this show is rather good.
Welcome to the not-herd. :D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Started watching Diebuster. Oh god, its so ridiculous/hilarious.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile

started watching legend of Kora

still as epic as the last series...
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

I saw the new Batman movie yesterday, and I think I liked it as much as, if not more than, The Dark Knight.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Showin my age here... I avent seen the most recent one yet, but out of all the ones ever made, I most enjoy the "original" one, with Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton. Jack Nicholson was perfect as the derganed Joker and despite ordering many large hams stole pretty much every scene he was in whilst Michael Keaton was a solid Batman, and got the slightly affable millionaire down quite well. IIRC it was a Tim Burton film, and he got the look of the city just right - slighty imposing, overcrowded and with gothic or art deco overtones. The whole thing was told as a very dark story much more about the development of the bad guy and his acts rather than any kind of explanation for Bruce Wayne/Batman, with not much in the way of "hero building" - Batman did what he had to do. The soundtrack by Prince was also highly indulgent and over the top.
This is a blank sig.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

I remeber watching just one batman fil and it was total carp. Never seen the newer ones, but I feel like seeing one now.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I remeber watching just one batman fil and it was total carp. Never seen the newer ones, but I feel like seeing one now.
Who was in it? That may explain what you saw. (Please tell me it wasn't Batman and Robin, or Batman Forever...)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

I really have idea but I doubt it was either of those.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Showin my age here... I avent seen the most recent one yet, but out of all the ones ever made, I most enjoy the "original" one, with Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton. Jack Nicholson was perfect as the derganed Joker and despite ordering many large hams stole pretty much every scene he was in whilst Michael Keaton was a solid Batman, and got the slightly affable millionaire down quite well. IIRC it was a Tim Burton film, and he got the look of the city just right - slighty imposing, overcrowded and with gothic or art deco overtones. The whole thing was told as a very dark story much more about the development of the bad guy and his acts rather than any kind of explanation for Bruce Wayne/Batman, with not much in the way of "hero building" - Batman did what he had to do. The soundtrack by Prince was also highly indulgent and over the top.
Oh yeah, that's a good one in its own way. Sort of bridges the series between the 60's camp and the reinvented grimdark Batman. I thought Nicholson was fantastic as a silly-but-deadly Joker, sort of the Bronze Age version where he was still kind of campy but did in fact kill people and not just rob banks and such.

Then I saw the Dark Knight and was completely and utterly unnerved by Heath Ledger. He took the "silly" part into "sadistic and unstable" territory, a la Killing Joke/Death in the Family. I mean, that bit with "the pencil trick"...:o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I actually watched the 1989 Batman film recently and... thought it rather boring. The acting was hammy (seriously just watch the scene with the mob boss before he gets killed), but worse was the writing. Dull characterization all around, stupid love interest taking up half the film, and the only character actually had any interest in (the shady reporter guy) getting completely forgotten about halfway through. I mean, I know Batman's always the least interesting thing in everything that bears his name, but there's some narrative value to the character besides face punching, people.

If I'm gonna watch a film from the late 80s/early 90s, it's gonna be the 1990 Ninja Turtles film. That one's still one of my favorites of all time (too bad the sequels all sucked).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

IT RAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well not right now, but it rained for a few minutes today, and it will probably rain tommorrow and probably untill Wendsday, which is fucking ace because I seriously needed some rain.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Cleaned the dust out of my computer with compressed air.

Suddenly, quiet, slower fans and nearly 10C cooler CPU temperatures! :D

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Watched the first episode of the new Breaking Bad season, still kickass, especially the MAGNETS!!!! part :D

Can't wait to see what he needs that big thing for tho.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cleaned the dust out of my computer with compressed air.

Suddenly, quiet, slower fans and nearly 10C cooler CPU temperatures! :D

I need to attempt this with my laptop soon to...
Pages: 1 ... 5630 5631 [5632] 5633 5634 ... 13325