Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5629 5630 [5631] 5632 5633 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15785088 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey all. So, my roommate canceled our internet, etc, a bit prematurely for our end-of-month move-out. Also, his sister now has my computer's wireless internet adapter, so I'm without the ability to even pirate internet at home. Since Email is my only means of communication, this makes it extremely difficult to keep in contact with all the sublets and future rooming situations I was looking into after moving out, and to generally keep in touch with anyone.

Why is this in the happy thread? Opera works on my hacked Wii, and my neighbors are happy to supply it with bandwidth. If nothing else, I'll still be able to check email and such as long as this holds out... all in all a win for science! Or something!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay Soli! I do wish you the best of luck with that.

Good news everyone, I got invited to a social thingemy, with real people! They're made of meat and everything!

Only trouble is that it's tomorrow, which is the last day of the GW2 beta weekend, I'm hoping it won't get in the way of me catching the end of it, I kind of want to at least see one of these end events.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My dad teaches chemistry and physics at a local high school, and he has a bunch of short little explanations and examples for basic chemistry problems on the school website in the form of YouTube videos. Because he wants something more interactive, he decided that he would be willing to pay me to make JavaScript applets, the first of which being about eliminating units in ratios. Despite being an incredibly inexperienced programmer, I finally finished it today.

It's the first time something in my skill set has actually paid off. From last Sunday through today, I worked 18 hours to write 1700 lines of code. I know that compared to an actual professional, I worked both very little and quite slowly (though for me it felt like I was rushing ahead as fast as my mind could troubleshoot stuff), but I think it's a pretty big step forward for a 16 year old.

Also, I've never actually finished a project like this before. It's a good feeling.

Congratulations. Is it possible to share it? Sounds interesting.

Today, with a chunk of the money I got from that project, I was finally able to pay for web hosting and make a website! Despite an utter lack of content on the rest of the site, here's a link to that unit cancelling thingy. If you're using Firefox, press control-U and ogle at the mass of text that makes up that nearly blank page!

So, yeah! I have a website! Now I just need to actually put content on it...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Early access for Mechwarrior Online is sooooo close... And there's always the chance of getting in even earlier.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Anyone seen City of Steam? Looks interesting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

And just by reading that sentence I have envisioned a setting plotbunny of a city populated by the casts of every single game on steam
It's FEF, not FEOF

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Tonight I saw The Dark Knight Rises. It has a healthy respect for the source material, while not being afraid to do it's own thing. And the story was really good. I'm only just disappointed that it's over.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Tonight I saw The Dark Knight Rises. It has a healthy respect for the source material, while not being afraid to do it's own thing. And the story was really good. I'm only just disappointed that it's over.

Killing off Batman was unexpected.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

And just by reading that sentence I have envisioned a setting plotbunny of a city populated by the casts of every single game on steam
Nope, it involves steampunk and the unity web engine, and the second link involves TotalBiscuit and tired New Zealand devs dueling with blunderbuses at the end.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I know, I just found the image I got too awesome/rediculous to not share :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Fuck yeah Humanity!

aka, Earth as viewed from the ISS. SCIENCE!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

Looks like Total War : Empires works on my laptop.

Run you swedish bastards, I'm coming for you first. Because we were hostile when the game started.

There is no escape. There is no resistance. There is no dissent. There is only KARNE, and his WILL. BE. DONE.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Fuck yeah Humanity!

aka, Earth as viewed from the ISS. SCIENCE!

Earth is such a pretty place, it's just a pity about the locals.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I watched The Dark Knight Rises yesterday with some friends. Great movie (albeit we were able to mock some silly moments nonetheless - but that usually adds rather than substract to the enjoyability of a movie). We had some drinks afterwards (I'm out of shape, I began to feel woozy after the second GT...)

And today.... I'll most likely watch TDKR again. Because, you see, I promised my pseudo-girlfriend that I'd watch it with her today...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Listening to this tonight before I go to bed made me happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CseO1XRYs9I&t=1m
Pages: 1 ... 5629 5630 [5631] 5632 5633 ... 13325