Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5619 5620 [5621] 5622 5623 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788569 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

YES LET'S.

I have peace and quiet finally.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

As do I. But I've had it for most of the day, so its more to change the topic than anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Frumple has added two pillows, a body pillow, and a beanbag (the latter two are now propping up m'feet.) to the bedding-nest. Once more, ludicrously comfortable for being on a spring mattress twin.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Awesome. I need a laptop so that I can do things like that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... laptop? I mean, I'm on a iPad right now, but I'm also sharing the bed with a CRT monitor (the computer it's plugged into is effectively dead, but I've been too lazy to move it/don't really have anywhere better to put it.). It's entirely possible to stick a keyboard and mouse setup into all of this, too.

What I'm saying, is don't let the existence of a tower dissuade you. Biggest challenge is propping up the monitor so it's stable on the bed (books, more pillows) and making sure the wires for the input stuff can reach you. A nice, heavy, hardback is perfect for something to put a mousepad or optical mouse on (I've been using a volume of the encyclopedia of philosophy for a few years now~), and the keyboard can sit in the lap/on the belly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Eh, I'm mostly just dissatisfied with my living arrangements. Also, the only mobile device that I have is way too small to type coherently on.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I think by this point nearly anyone can make use of a laptop.

I'd recommend an Asus laptop. My first one was a piece of junk HP that was already somewhat used but had no right deteriorating as fast as it did. This one has lasted me quite a while with no real drop in performance or reliability besides needing a quick cleaning when I have the proper tools.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Janet, you forget, I get a massive discount from HP, because I sell their stuff. ASUS is a good brand, don't get me wrong, but they're not willing to cut 25% off the price of a computer for me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Yeah but I don't think 25% cost is worth in comparison much, much less performance. I likely wont need to replace this thing for another 3 years.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

My first one was a piece of junk HP that was already somewhat used but had no right deteriorating as fast as it did.
Really? Did you buy it from Tiger Direct/CompUSA? Because my first laptop was a somewhat used piece of junk HP from them that had its hard drive deteriorate to failure in five months when, even taking its age into account, said hard drive should have lasted three or four more years.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Where are you guys getting these things? I need to have a talk with these suppliers.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I've had no problems like that with either HP laptop I've ended up with, only power crappiness. The former laptop died from the charger being broken and frying the connector (but that was ages ago), this one loses battery far too fast for how long I've had said battery and sometimes dies at 20% battery remaining for no reason. Both from Best Buy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Really? Did you buy it from Tiger Direct/CompUSA? Because my first laptop was a somewhat used piece of junk HP from them that had its hard drive deteriorate to failure in five months when, even taking its age into account, said hard drive should have lasted three or four more years.
I got it from a pawn shop pretty much, it was in pretty good condition when I got it. And it wasn't even the hard drive. It was the charger, then the fan, then the monitor, then parts of the keyboard and finally the soundcard and touchpad.

By the end I had to open parts up and move wires around and tape them in positions to get the thing working well enough to secure myself a new laptop. Some of those cheapass wires were practically disintegrating.

The hardrive BARELY failed when I checked if I could possibly install it into my current laptop.

Ill stand by my assessment of HP only really being good for printers thank you very much.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

[22:39:28] <Willfor> So it was 8:20, and I was in the control booth recording the band I manage as they were rehearsing, and the idea to make a japanese bootleg of the session was bounced around
[22:39:36] <Willfor> It will be uploaded in the near future
[22:40:05] <Willfor> If it doesn't make you wish you'd paid 5 extra dollars for the real thing, it's not doing its job

This is why I'm going to school for Audio stuff. To make professional studios sound like the far side of a concert venue, and the audio sound like it was recorded through an ipod.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I've had no problems like that with either HP laptop I've ended up with, only power crappiness. The former laptop died from the charger being broken and frying the connector (but that was ages ago), this one loses battery far too fast for how long I've had said battery and sometimes dies at 20% battery remaining for no reason. Both from Best Buy.
How long have you had the lappy with the dead battery? We might cover that if it's within a year.

Pages: 1 ... 5619 5620 [5621] 5622 5623 ... 13325