Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5615 5616 [5617] 5618 5619 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791027 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

*Whilst wearing sunglasses indoors and sporting an American flag bandana. On top of the hat.
Yes, do this! Be Bandit Keith!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Wear a little Canadian flag. :3
Nauh everyone knows the Canadia flag is the same's as Murrica's

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

I don't really know where to put this, so I'll put it here.

I've become an atheist. God may exist, but I don't want to worship him. I don't want to believe that assholes who are part of your religion will get to Heaven, while genuinely nice people will burn in eternal damnation just because they don't participate in your own religion. If God was really like that, he would be a complete douchebag and I would rather be with Satan. Furthermore, I have come to somewhat accept the fact of the end of existence at the point of death. It's hard to comprehend due to knowing nothing but existence, but I'm finally OK with there being no afterlife, and knowing that death means the end of everything.

I take comfort in logic, and evidence. When I hear my mother and relatives talk about religion, I realize they say contradictory things. When they talked about the death of a recent relative, they were solaced in the fact that his suffering was over, saying it was God's plan for him. Oh really? It was merciful, loving god's plan for him to suffer through 45 years of life, constantly battling addiction, and finally succumbing to alcoholism? That "serves" god's plan?

No. I'm not going to believe in that shit. I'll do what's right. Treat everyone how I want to be treated. And I'll live on. Through the memories of the people I meet, and the energy I transfer to the organisms that consume my flesh after I die, that's how I live on. Not some bullshit afterlife.

I just needed to say something. I've become sickened with religion. I have no problem with people who are nice about it, just the assholes who use religion as a tool of discrimination and hatred. And I can't believe in god anymore.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I've become an atheist. God may exist, but I don't want to worship him. I don't want to believe that assholes who are part of your religion will get to Heaven, while genuinely nice people will burn in eternal damnation just because they don't participate in your own religion. If God was really like that, he would be a complete douchebag and I would rather be with Satan. Furthermore, I have come to somewhat accept the fact of the end of existence at the point of death. It's hard to comprehend due to knowing nothing but existence, but I'm finally OK with there being no afterlife, and knowing that death means the end of everything.

I take comfort in logic, and evidence. When I hear my mother and relatives talk about religion, I realize they say contradictory things. When they talked about the death of a recent relative, they were solaced in the fact that his suffering was over, saying it was God's plan for him. Oh really? It was merciful, loving god's plan for him to suffer through 45 years of life, constantly battling addiction, and finally succumbing to alcoholism? That "serves" god's plan?

No. I'm not going to believe in that shit. I'll do what's right. Treat everyone how I want to be treated. And I'll live on. Through the memories of the people I meet, and the energy I transfer to the organisms that consume my flesh after I die, that's how I live on. Not some bullshit afterlife.

I just needed to say something. I've become sickened with religion. I have no problem with people who are nice about it, just the assholes who use religion as a tool of discrimination and hatred. And I can't believe in god anymore.
Welcome to the fold, bro. If you need a shoulder, or someone to talk to about this, I'll happily lend you my ear.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I'm just glad you are okay with nice religious people, keeping your malice towards the exploitative folk. Just try to be more specific there, you got beef with Christians. Taoists think all that is just as crazy as you do.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Most Buddhists and NewAgers, some withstanding, too.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

What the...I'M NOT MORMON! :p
Mormon? Bah, Aztecs worshiped the giver of corn before mainstream religions started giving praise to Quetzalcoatl. It's not even real corn Quetzalcoatl. It's just a dude with a beard.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Are you a religion hipster? :P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

We worshiped a storm spirit before northern Scandinavian cults adopted them
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Would you be interested in converting to the cult of Azthor, patron God of non belief? We don't care! Not believing in it makes it stronger.

Azthor hungers for non belief.

Look! A distraction!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

We worshiped a storm spirit before northern Scandinavian cults adopted them
Well you must not have been doing a very good job if it was put up for adoption!

Would you be interested in converting to the cult of Azthor, patron God of non belief? We don't care! Not believing in it makes it stronger.

Azthor hungers for non belief.

Look! A distraction!
Bah, the grand Azthor The Existent is among the greatest of gods. Athe The Nonexistent would be the true patron Goddess of non belief, if she existed.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Except for the stuff about death (I'm still planning on attaining immortality for all humans, damn the consequences I WANT TO LIVE and I'm too moral to tell everyone else to suck it), that's basically how I feel.

Especially that first part. If God showed up tomorrow, while (most) everyone else is bent at the knee, I'd be filling a list of grievances against him with the nearest lawyer. Starting with all those "Act of God" things that have been pinned on him over the years.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Eh, I don't believe in anything though I lean more on the religious side (the whole consciousness thing continues to trip me up). Were I to wager a guess, it wouldn't be any of those fire and brimstone religions like Christianity. I'd probably go with something like Deism.

Or maybe it's like Beetlejuice; an annoying bureaucracy. Or maybe nothing at all. Or maybe just bacon. /shrug
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 5615 5616 [5617] 5618 5619 ... 13325