Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5584 5585 [5586] 5587 5588 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836896 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

D&D again. Sketched out a Kobold build that revolves around spending the 1st round of combat shrinking to the size of a housecat, gaining massive damage and to-hit bonuses as a consequence (including a slight Strength increase), and charging into melee to shred opponents with 2 claws and a bite, all at full attack bonus and on the charge (thanks to the miracle of Pounce). I had to spend all my normal feats just to qualify for a single prestige class 1 level early in order to fit it all in, but it was worth it.
The illogic! It is glorious!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I have too much money on my person to go out without being in fear of losing it D:

Somewhere around 170 dollars in won. I need to stash this somewhere.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

D&D again. Sketched out a Kobold build that revolves around spending the 1st round of combat shrinking to the size of a housecat, gaining massive damage and to-hit bonuses as a consequence (including a slight Strength increase), and charging into melee to shred opponents with 2 claws and a bite, all at full attack bonus and on the charge (thanks to the miracle of Pounce). I had to spend all my normal feats just to qualify for a single prestige class 1 level early in order to fit it all in, but it was worth it.
The illogic! It is glorious!
Can you send me the build? It sounds like something that would be a blast to play. It isn't kobold specific is it?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Being kobold-specific is an improvement. You better hope it is.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Speaking of D&D, I've taken part in a party-building contest atwixt a few friends and I, where we each build four level 10 characters using the partial gestalt rules from the tier system and fight one another. (Weaker classes like monk can gestalt with other weak classes, while wizards and whatnot don't.) I almost always win optimization fights, so I decided to make the most flavorful characters I could within the four-day character creation time limit. (And I actually made 8 so that I'd have backups. It's a fast process after DM'ing for over a year.)

Enter Lord Shwarzschild, the Hexblade/Knight come Hexblade/Master Thrower. He's level 10 Hexblade, so only gets three spells per day. His circlet of rapid casting lets him use all three as swift actions. He would normally be restricted to light armor, but instead wears blue ice heavy plate, which handily enough lets him cast all cold-type spells with no arcane failure chance. He has the feat Snowcasting, which lets him make any spell into the cold type so long as he uses snow as a material component. We're not fighting on a snowy tundra, so I brought a tiny chest made of blue ice (permanent magical cold ice) that could hold a few handfuls of snow. He rides a winter wolf. Flavoriffic.

Why the name? He dual-wields magical harpoons, a weapon from the Frostburn setting. Harpoons stick into enemies and reduce their move speed until removed, which takes a whole turn and does more damage. With the 'fleshgrinding' enhancement, they do damage every round until removed. Better yet, the harpoons come with attached ropes that allow you to make a strength check to control the movement of an enemy. Instead of using his average strength score to do that, he just ties the ropes to his saddle so that the wolf makes the checks. The wolf drags the enemies closer, into the 15' threat radius that Ranged Threat allows him. Being a Knight, any threatened square is difficult terrain and no enemy can make a five foot step in it, et cetera. They're stuck, and he can keep piling on harpoons, making attacks of opportunity if they try to cast a spell or move any closer or further away. He is invincible, unstoppable, and downright hilarious.

He is a black hole, and he has a Shwarzschild Radius. (Of about 120'.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

instantrimshot.com

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Oh, and for extra trolling, the harpoons only have to touch the enemy to stick into them, completely ignoring most forms of armor. (Armor, shields, thick skin, most magic, etc.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Just saw Ice Age 4. Nothing special, has some funny moments but is otherwise a cookie cutter made for money movie.

The Simpsons short was nice, a bit wierd and WTF when it popped up but quite funny and enjoyable.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Chronostasis.  Everything makes sense now!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Me and a friend are setting up our own little robotics shop. This is going to be glorious.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

My fifth-hand copy of Pokemon Emerald just arrived in the mail.
くコ:彡

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

My fifth-hand copy of Pokemon Emerald just arrived in the mail.

Gameboy games don't get good until they have been in at least 3 different peoples systems anyway.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bought mah books. Complete sets of Ghost in the Shell and Neitzche's (main) writings - 3 books for each. The birthday money stayed around for a month and a half, slowly draining into games and being replaced by lawn mowings; it's finally gone. Books should be here in a week or less. Meanwhile, I have Neuromancer and Anathem from the library. And I'm able to read again, for the most part. Yay.
Pages: 1 ... 5584 5585 [5586] 5587 5588 ... 13326