Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5583 5584 [5585] 5586 5587 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836856 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

You couldn't pay me to play Inferno on hardcore. It's not worth it for the stress involved. :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

The hardcore-based stress or the total derp of a drm-based possible stress?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Server lags, you die. Connection drops, you die. Hardcore D3 is pretty much just setting yourself up to be randomly dicked over at some point in the future.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf head looks entirely too good on full-blown 3d models. We need more of these things, but for now? For now, this made me happy. Tomorrow, perhaps, we can see ones that move~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I can't tell if I'm doing better or not in Blacklight Retribution. The Bolt-Action Rifle is fun to play with though (or its faster cousin, the combat rifle), especially when someone suddenly appears in your face. Or better yet, two people, one trying to use the depot.

I'm a huge fan of the Combat Rifle so far. Three shots and most folks are dead from most distances.

I love the X-ray thing, too. I've never realized how fun that would be in an FPS.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Never played perfect dark, eh? Pretty sure that was it, anyway. X-ray sniper rifle, shot through walls. Beautiful thing.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Two shots at most with the BAR, assuming you have plenty of cover. Heck, I managed to kite a hardsuit with just that gun and some stairs until SUDDENLY ROCKET LAUNCHERS from behind me. Huzzah for people who don't know how to fire the railgun, I guess. :)

The X-Ray thing is for everyone though, Frumple. Cooldown based too. Can't shoot while using it though, or through walls. Turns everything blue except ye partners and ye enemies.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

The X-Ray thing is for everyone though, Frumple. Cooldown based too. Can't shoot while using it though, or through walls. Turns everything blue except ye partners and ye enemies.

It's incredibly dangerous to use, though.  It can get you killed almost as often as it can help you avoid bad situations/set up delicious ambushes.

"Let's see where the enemies are.  Oh there's one right around the... shit shit turn off fas---" *BLAM*

Every time you turn the thing on, you're taking a gamble that no hostiles are going to be stumbling across your position for the next 5 seconds or so.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

I learned how to solve the third layer of a Rubik's Cube, a whole four years after learning the first two. I am told that many people name their cubes. What gender are cubes, and what could I name it?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

D&D again. Sketched out a Kobold build that revolves around spending the 1st round of combat shrinking to the size of a housecat, gaining massive damage and to-hit bonuses as a consequence (including a slight Strength increase), and charging into melee to shred opponents with 2 claws and a bite, all at full attack bonus and on the charge (thanks to the miracle of Pounce). I had to spend all my normal feats just to qualify for a single prestige class 1 level early in order to fit it all in, but it was worth it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does shrinking make you stronger?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Ended up writing out some more on the natter I spat out in sad thead. Finished writing for the moment with this, which is happy in a reaffirming-of-purpose-once-more way. Impossible though it likely is, I would hold nothing better than to one day to reach the point where essence finally precedes existence.
My dream is for man to come to the end of all things, when the stars have burned out and all motion and potential for motion has ended, and for man to stand up at that point, say, "I Am the I Am, and though existence may end, I Am will not," and for that truth to write itself anew into the firmament of existence.
Ask not!
Ask!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I learned how to solve the third layer of a Rubik's Cube, a whole four years after learning the first two. I am told that many people name their cubes. What gender are cubes, and what could I name it?
Who cares, just paint a heart on the center tile of each side.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Shenanigans. Actually I just activate a Rage variant and a prestige class ability just after I shrink, causing my Dexterity to skyrocket and my Strength to increase by a net +4 (the shrinking ability actually has a small penalty). In-game, though, I just shrink down into a violent little lizard-ball of rapidly-vibrating hate.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shenanigans. Actually I just activate a Rage variant and a prestige class ability just after I shrink, causing my Dexterity to skyrocket and my Strength to increase by a net +4 (the shrinking ability actually has a small penalty). In-game, though, I just shrink down into a violent little lizard-ball of rapidly-vibrating hate.

This needs to be turned into a story or a TV show or something. I'm imagining something a la The Incredible Hulk except, yanno, getting smaller.

Also, I don't recall such a prestige class. Mind me asking which it is?
Pages: 1 ... 5583 5584 [5585] 5586 5587 ... 13326