Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5581 5582 [5583] 5584 5585 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836393 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

There isnt one, my jokes arent  funny ;_;

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

An agnostic claiming that someone is definitely wrong?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Well, they both support a hypothesis they have no evidence for. Both atheists and christians say that their idea of things is correct. Since they have no evidence, they are obviously using faulty logic, so they're thinking wrong. Now as soon as they assume "I'm thinking correctly", then they are evidently wrong. Since nobody I know of would question his mental integrity, I am safe to assume that they're both wrong. Q.E.D.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Well that depends. An agnostic could claim Christianity to be "definitely wrong" through pointing out the unlikely hood of certain doctrine (like the flood of Noah or whatever). Only an agnostic who is also a solipsist would truly say that nothing is "definitely" wrong or right, as they would reject empirical evidence due to the possibility of some deity's meddling.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Well that depends. An agnostic could claim Christianity to be "definitely wrong" through pointing out the unlikely hood of certain doctrine (like the flood of Noah or whatever). Only an agnostic who is also a solipsist would truly say that nothing is "definitely" wrong or right, as they would reject empirical evidence due to the possibility of some deity's meddling.
Let's agree that Christianity is not a thing to base your expectations of future events on (I'm a rationalist). Also, solipsism is just plain stupid.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

What's to say you're not in the Matrix or something similar? Intuition? :P
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Solipsism: I don't know if I'm in the Matrix.
Rationalism: I don't care. Looks real, so I'm gonna roll with it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

No, because even if I WAS in the Matrix, until a large bald black man comes and gives me pills, after which I start seeing a mirror turn into viral goop and I wake up in a large embryonic pod with metal things implanted in my body...

Until THAT happens, there's nothing I can do about it, so I don't bother worrying about it beyond the philosophical "What if?"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Other than the possibility of cyber-terrorists killing you while you're possessed by an agent, you mean?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

The only difference I see between those two is one has developed a belief, and the other's stuck in an endless question loop. Not that big of a distinction. But whatev~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Other than the possibility of cyber-terrorists killing you while you're possessed by an agent, you mean?
I believe that goes without saying, don't you?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Nothing you can do about it. And even if there was a way for you to not get killed (assuming the Matrix was real), there are infinite numbers of similar scenarios that could also explain your observations but would require a different course of actions. A rationalist simply believes in the scenario providing the most accurate predictions of future events.

The only difference I see between those two is one has developed a belief, and the other's stuck in an endless question loop. Not that big of a distinction. But whatev~
Ah, but the rationalist's belief is based on sensory evidence, while the solipsist can't do anything with his sensory input. Or at least, not consciously. Because he's subconsciously doing it all the time. For example, by saying he's a solipsist.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I'm not as sucky at volleyball as I thought!!!

Also, sea, swimming and stuff, feels good.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

It might if the cyberterrorists and agents decide to solve their differences with a game of volleyball.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

It might if the cyberterrorists and agents decide to solve their differences with a game of volleyball.
and the odds of that?

they'd do it over table tennis, any day!

I like a good bit of wiff - waff myself. /Boris Johnson

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

You forgot to add cyber to the beginning of both of those sports :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5581 5582 [5583] 5584 5585 ... 13326