Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5565 5566 [5567] 5568 5569 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15829041 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I do that too, except not Swedish.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I have developed a new variant on the Swedish exchange student at the mall. Behold my new strategy for telemarketers:

"Hello?"

"HÄLLO."

"This is [...], can I speak with-"

"I AM SORRY SORRY BUT UM DOESN'T SPEAK EENGLEESH. I AM VEESEET FAMEELY EEN AMEREEKAH, I AM FROM SVEEDEEN. PARENTS NOT OF HOUSE. YOU, UH, CALL, HOW YOU SAY IN SVEEDEESH EES SJÅSJÄCHSER. UH, VAN MEENOOT" [aside to nobody in particular in house] "HVAT ÄR SJÅSJÄCHSER EN ANGELSJE?" "LAY-TAH?" "UM, YOU CALL...LAY-TAH. LAY-TAH PARENTS OF HOUSE, YOU CALL. TANK YOU. BYE-BYE!"

By this point they have generally hung up.
What do you do if the person on the other end speaks Swedish?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

I have developed a new variant on the Swedish exchange student at the mall. Behold my new strategy for telemarketers:

"Hello?"

"HÄLLO."

"I AM SORRY SORRY BUT UM DOESN'T SPEAK EENGLEESH. I AM VEESEET FAMEELY EEN AMEREEKAH, I AM FROM SVEEDEEN. PARENTS NOT OF HOUSE. YOU, UH, CALL, HOW YOU SAY IN SVEEDEESH EES SJÅSJÄCHSER. UH, VAN MEENOOT" [aside to nobody in particular in house] "HVAT ÄR SJÅSJÄCHSER EN ANGELSJE?" "LAY-TAH?" "UM, YOU CALL...LAY-TAH. LAY-TAH PARENTS OF HOUSE, YOU CALL. TANK YOU. BYE-BYE!"

They won't. Alternatively, put a potato in your mouth and say "ACTUALLY I AM FROM DENMARK"

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Or try singing while drunk and claim that you're from Norway... or something along those lines.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hello?"

"HÄLLO."

They won't.
Why wouldn't they? It's possible. Heck, they could be from Sweden or Swedish descent.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tell then "Fuck you" in Swedish and hang up anyways?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No need to be so rude to the poor telemarketers :(

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hello?"

"HÄLLO."

They won't.
Why wouldn't they? It's possible. Heck, they could be from Sweden or Swedish descent.

It's so vanishingly unlikely that the possibility is not even worth entertaining. At university, I plan on learning a Native American language of some ilk, and that will work...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes there is.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes there is.
Ah c'mon, Satan just gets a bad rap. Besides, he's not the one making the phone calls and dealing with people.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Biggest problem with telemarketers t'me is that their annoying could end up blocking an actually important call. I'd be heavily inclined toward maiming someone if they managed to cut ahead of a call from th'hospital or the cops or somethin' re: a family member or friend that got hurt.

Sure, the chances of it happening are vanishingly small, but it's there, and it's exponentially higher than the chance of me actually buying anything from them.

Unsolicited advertising, especially that's coming in'ta m'home, is... unpleasant. Especially when it's not through something providing some sort of service (websites, TV), to boot. Only bright side to telemarketers is at least it means someone's got a job and might be making at least a little money. It's something. At least when they're not just replaced with an autocaller or whatev'. Guess the technicians keeping it running get something...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Would you maim me if I called you and blocked an important call?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Depending on the import, I would be heavily inclined to, yes. Extent of inclination would vary based on exactly what was blocked, though. If it was only somewhat important, I'd merely have an urge to remove a toe or something. If the call would have saved the life of a family member if it'd got through, well. Well. Into the well, in pieces~

Anyway, be civilized and spam email accounts or something instead. Those are easier to ignore and less likely to get in the way of something potentially important.

Are... are you a telemarketer?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Pronunciation coaching:

SVEEDEEN.

Any Swenglish speaker worth his salt in gold would know that it is pronounced SVEHDEN.

SJÅSJÄCHSER

I have no idea what word this is supposed to be?

They won't. Alternatively, put a potato in your mouth and say "ACTUALLY I AM FROM DENMARK"

I kind of love you.
Love, scriver~

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pronunciation coaching:

SVEEDEEN.

Any Swenglish speaker worth his salt in gold would know that it is pronounced SVEHDEN.

SJÅSJÄCHSER

I have no idea what word this is supposed to be?

I don't really think it matters. A bunch of ü's and ö's between sje-sounds should do the trick.

Pages: 1 ... 5565 5566 [5567] 5568 5569 ... 13326