Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5559 5560 [5561] 5562 5563 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15812809 times)

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile

Just had a nice walk on the countryside (well part of it was countryside anyway).

AND tomorrow a CD I ordered should have arrived. (But goddamn I wish I didn't have to wait for a week for my new MP3-player...)

Still, things are nice :)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Today I learnt that éclair is French for a flash of lightning. Now I'm wondering how it became the name for a cream filled pastry.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

I'm about to start reading a book about time travelling nazis looking for the ark of the covenant. The plot is so dellightfully absurd, at least in the synopsis, that it MUST be so bad it's good

Edir: "they breathed with difficulty, as the concentration of oxygen was very high" *facepalm*
I think the guy got confused with high O2 causing health problems due to increased blood pressure, and thought 'oh, high oxygen concentrations cause health problems? must be breathing difficulties. it's a gas!'
Hm... If it's the element, rather than the compound, then I can think of many scenarios where the oxygen concentration is high and and there is breathing difficulties. For example, if ambient conditions were about 1/3 oxygen by (sub)atomic particle count, (Water/dihydrogen monoxide/hydrogen hydroxide/hydroxic acid) or even 1/2 or 2/3 oxygen (carbon (di/mon)oxide). Alternatively, if oxygen were entirely in the triatomic form rather than diatomic, it would be entirely reasonable to say oxygen concentration was up.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Pasta sauce, flavored with dates. Not too bad. I can make this work even better next time - less banana, less habanero tabasco sauce, a little more ginger and yogurt.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

MaximumZero used SUMMON PIZZA!

It's super effective!

Bank Account has sustained injury.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Today I learnt that éclair is French for a flash of lightning. Now I'm wondering how it became the name for a cream filled pastry.

They were invented before refrigeration. They were named after what they did to your digestive tract after sitting for half a day.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle is entirely too hilarious.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I finished accepting the games I acquired from this giveaway.

Once again, many thanks, Naxza and Freeformschooler!

:D
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

I've got the entire freaking house to myself for pretty much the rest of the week. Cue classic rock marathon (now playing: "Jump" by Van Halen) while cleaning house and learning how to use Python. Good times  8)

I heartily approve of this. I'm doing Project Euler problems with Python while listening to classic rock. I read this post right as Jump started playing.

This, my good sir, is a sign. A good sign.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I've got the entire freaking house to myself for pretty much the rest of the week. Cue classic rock marathon (now playing: "Jump" by Van Halen) while cleaning house and learning how to use Python. Good times  8)

I heartily approve of this. I'm doing Project Euler problems with Python while listening to classic rock. I read this post right as Jump started playing.

This, my good sir, is a sign. A good sign.
Clearly the gods of Rock & Roll are smiling upon you. Make the most of it!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

AWESOME DUDE!!! I do this quite often at nights just using mah headphones. ROCK ON BRO

MaximumZero used SUMMON PIZZA!

It's super effective!

Bank Account has sustained injury.
Bank account used loan!

Maximumzero has been bankrupted!
the bank has been bankrupted!

gained £3534 from the government.
sent some home to mom.

Hahaha!!! XD  :D

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

well applied to UVU, after $35 bucks disappeared from my wallet my app was sent in, hopefully i can get some good classes before the deadline.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

More good news! I go to a community college, reasonably cheap for the quality of teachers and campus they have. I applied for some student aid that would reduce the cost of classes to just $1. I got it.

Sure, books will still cost most of my left arm, but that's a significant chunk of change to not worry about.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

I am now downloading the TED talks.
Yes, all of them, on high-quality.
All 100 gigs.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

In other exciting technology news, I love TED talks, and I am excited for the future. And not in the "Oh wow, that's cool" way. In the way that gives me hope, and for a second there actually made me teary-eyed. It's this ever-growing realization that we're on the cusp of big change... bigger than anything yet. Bigger than people or nations, but something global. I can't wait to see where we'll be going in my lifetime, and want nothing more than to work to make it happen.
It was a pretty awesome video, and the end packed quite a punch, the murmuration combined with what he was saying and the music (which had a especially large impact because I learned that Vivaldi piece years ago when I was still playing/learning piano as a kid).

I can't wait to see what the future holds, hopefully he is right and it is amazing, and it probably will be, but I just can't shake my core of pessimism about things.

The entire concept of murmarations is entirely amazing, and to see it played out writ large in the sky, a hundered starling swatting a eagle away in a wave is just breathtaking, and just a little terrifying.

EDIT: I might be wrong, and it could be a different song, but I do think it was a vivaldi song.
EDIT2: How embarrassing, I was completely wrong, it was Pachelbel's Canon.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:37:40 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 5559 5560 [5561] 5562 5563 ... 13326