Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5558 5559 [5560] 5561 5562 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15812906 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Krispy Kreme is going to reinvent itself as an energy company.
"Would you like to try one of our delicious new dougnnuts with 100-watt glaze?"
Suddenly, countries pay the US to increase the rate at which roving energy deposits fat tourists appear in their countries.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Suddenly US stereotype turns into energy supply instead of fat people?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Krispy Kreme is going to reinvent itself as an energy company.
"Would you like to try one of our delicious new dougnnuts with 100-watt glaze?"
Suddenly, countries pay the US to increase the rate at which roving energy deposits fat tourists appear in their countries.
Completely and totally offset by the fat tourists coming to the US.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I've always said if we can just figure a way to effectively convert cellulite to electricity, we'd have energy independence in months.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I would be happy to have one of those implanted in me, so long as I could connect it to a HUD that tells me things like heart rate, blood pressure, psi of punches, things like that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

You'd break the HUD once it got to that last one.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

You'd break the HUD once it got to that last one.
THats what larger heads are for. You get more HUD resolution space :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I've always said if we can just figure a way to effectively convert cellulite to electricity, we'd have energy independence in months.
"WE'VE DONE IT! WE CAN CREATE NUCLEAR FUSION GENERATORS!"

Meh, we've been running on fat people for years now...

"Dammit."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

It's one of the first nice days all summer.  Is there anything more I could ask for than sitting out on the balcony, reading Neil Gaiman with a pizza I just made?
(The answer is no.)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

It's one of the first nice days all summer.  Is there anything more I could ask for than sitting out on the balcony, reading Neil Gaiman with a pizza I just made?
(The answer is no.)
A temperature less than the surface of the sun would be nice.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In other exciting technology news, I love TED talks, and I am excited for the future. And not in the "Oh wow, that's cool" way. In the way that gives me hope, and for a second there actually made me teary-eyed. It's this ever-growing realization that we're on the cusp of big change... bigger than anything yet. Bigger than people or nations, but something global. I can't wait to see where we'll be going in my lifetime, and want nothing more than to work to make it happen.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

(The answer is no.)
A temperature less than the surface of the sun would be nice.
It was 103F here a little while ago. This has become so common that we're not even noticing it anymore. I think we're on track to get something like 9 days of consecutive 100F+ highs, before it finally breaks next Monday. of course, now it's 92F because of spontaneous, terrifying thunderstorms that can appear to wreak utter havoc with almost no warning.

I don't think I like this new weather pattern. Microcell storms on a hot day are nothing new, but these are significantly stronger than we're accustomed to seeing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

On the subject of The Future in cybernetics... Not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, fuck yes, this is something I've wanted for a long time and was planning to spend most of my life making happen. On the other hand, I only planned that because I misread trends in research during college and didn't see this sort of thing coming so soon due to apparent lack of interest - I never actually enjoyed doing scientific research, it was just something I seemed to be able to do passably. So... the interest is there now, and that's about all I had going for me. Not sure what to do now, since it's just something I wanted to get done (and that's going to happen), not something I wanted to do.

Still, hell yeah for Science. This is the happy thread, after all.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I'm about to start reading a book about time travelling nazis looking for the ark of the covenant. The plot is so dellightfully absurd, at least in the synopsis, that it MUST be so bad it's good

Edir: "they breathed with difficulty, as the concentration of oxygen was very high" *facepalm*
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:17:58 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I've got the entire freaking house to myself for pretty much the rest of the week. Cue classic rock marathon (now playing: "Jump" by Van Halen) while cleaning house and learning how to use Python. Good times  8)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5558 5559 [5560] 5561 5562 ... 13326