Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5557 5558 [5559] 5560 5561 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15810555 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

Plus powering your cybernetics burns calories! Slim down as you cyber up.

Drawback... A blood sugar crash could blue screen your brain even more than normal.

Given humanity's current level of brain functions, I predict a cybernetic sugar crash having no effect and starving zombies.

On the plus side, the cybernetic hard reboot should be easy to do. :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:13:59 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's really big for powering artificial organs, like limbs, pacemakers, and even eyes. It also means we'll see a larger industry for development of brain-computer interfacing. Heck, you might eventually be able to recharge electronic devices like your cellphones with a cerebrospinal power jack... or even see implantable low-power communication devices.

BRB, imagination running wild. Weeeeeeee!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow wrong thread.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:38:37 pm by Criptfeind »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I could use a second set of arms. Or wings. Or eye-lasers. Or...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Think somebody posted about this a few weeks ago. The amount of electricity generated is tiny, but potentially enough to run some nanoscale processor arrays. Such as might be implanted in artificial eyes.

I think my comment at the time was, "I have seen the future, and it is powered by Mountain Dew." To me, the freaky part is that it's drawing current naturally generated by your spinal fluid. The Matrix was right: we really are living batteries.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I want my fingers to become USB sticks/ports.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

I want my legs to have open-able compartments that I can store small objects in.
I want another 2 (maybe 4) arms.
I want robotic eyes with IR, Zoom, recording and augmented reality support.
I want internet access in my brain.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:35:25 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I want a girlfriend.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I want a beer. Oh hey, there it is, right in my hand.

*bliss*

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Old hat.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I want a girlfriend.
Overrated. I'll take numerous fuck buddies any day of the week, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think somebody posted about this a few weeks ago. The amount of electricity generated is tiny, but potentially enough to run some nanoscale processor arrays. Such as might be implanted in artificial eyes.

I think my comment at the time was, "I have seen the future, and it is powered by Mountain Dew." To me, the freaky part is that it's drawing current naturally generated by your spinal fluid. The Matrix was right: we really are living batteries.

If you had a capacitor that gathered little bits of this charge over time, you could eventually have enough stored power to operate complex devices for a short span, or extend the life of devices with their own power supplies. Also, vast reductions in the charge needed to power computers is coming down the pipe, so that might open up new possibilities. This is also ignoring that fuel cells like this could draw significantly more power from our cerebrospinal fluid without causing injury... though it might make us a bit lethargic. We can always increase our glucose intake to compensate though!

Also, drawing electrical charge from glucose is bigger than just cybernetics; this could also open up development of high-yield fuel cells powered by a solution of pure glucose, letting us create a globally available, high-efficiency, ecologically sound, and renewable biofuel.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:43:31 pm by Solifuge »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

If you had a capacitor that gathered little bits of this charge over time, you could eventually have enough stored power to operate complex devices for a short span, or extend the life of devices with their own power supplies. Also, vast reductions in the charge needed to power computers is coming down the pipe, so that might open up new possibilities, ignoring that such implanted fuel cells could draw significantly more power from our cerebrospinal fluid without causing injury.

Also, drawing electrical charge from glucose is bigger than just cybernetics; this could also open up development of high-yield fuel cells powered by a solution of pure glucose, letting us create a high-efficiency, ecologically sound, and renewable biofuel.
A future...literally powered by Mountain Dew.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Krispy Kreme is going to reinvent itself as an energy company.
"Would you like to try one of our delicious new dougnnuts with 100-watt glaze?"

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Old hat.

I had a roleplay character with computer sunglasses and implants in his fingers that allowed him to type by tapping his fingers on any rigid surface.  As I recall, the rest of the group never did figure out what he was up to :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 5557 5558 [5559] 5560 5561 ... 13326