Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5546 5547 [5548] 5549 5550 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806387 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

...I have to get Shadowrun.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got around to starting that LP of The Void that I bookmarked ages ago. Lately I've been feeling increasingly listless, so it was nice to have something to do for a while :b

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got together with my friends to play our first session of Shadowrun. Even though we spent most of the session getting a job, scrounging for information from our contacts, and screwing the pooch with our first major lead, it was a lot of fun. I love the idea of an adventuring party who risk their lives not for the sake of justice or heroism, but to pay the rent on their crappy apartment in Fantasy-Cyberpunk Seattle... or in my character's case to keep the Elven Mafia off his back, and put gas into his "mobile home" (read: work van).

...I have to get Shadowrun.

It's a tough game for a GM to run, and the rules are complex even for a tabletop game; the combat system is deadly and fairly deep, modeling things like ammunition types, recoil and recoil-suppression, and the affects of continuous or burst fire on accuracy. Also, as a hacker, I need to have conceptual knowledge of actual computer hacking and network architecture in order to know how to do what I want to do. Once you get past the learning curve though, it's incredibly fun to play... not unlike DF in that regard.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Apparently they found the Highs Boson, or at least some new particle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

There we are. I don't remember the pronunciation, but the translation of that sentence is "I am special."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Got to see The Amazing Spiderman movie, it's pretty good actually.  No idea if it takes a dump on, sets fire to, and utterly desecrates the canon of the comic, but I saw enough thoughtful craft of writing to suggest that it wasn't put together by a roomful of monkeys with typewriters.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Ahh the sweet smell and feel of very much needed rain and wind after an absolutely monstrous day of heat and humidity.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 05:48:38 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile

that Just means more humidity
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

My girlfriend is amazing. We can talk for hours on end, and never run out of things to talk about. She's incredibly sweet, and she brings out the best in me.

<333333333333

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

that Just means more humidity

But less temperature, hopefully.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the hell?! What the fuck? Is this the reason you've been giving me sleep troubles body? THIS IS THE STUPIDEST FUCKING REASON EVER YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

BECAUSE I'M NOT STRETCHING AND YAWNING BEFOREHAND?

Explanation: I read on article to help me sleep, and it said to stretch and yawn before going to bed and you'll sleep better.

http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/blogs/vitamin-g/2009/04/ask-dr-g-i-use-nyquil-to-help.html

That's the stupidest thing to ever work nature, why you do this to me? and yet, it does work, for two nights in a row. I can't believe it was GLAMOUR that gave me good advice.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:57:16 am by JoshuaFH »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Drinking a cup or two of water also helps out
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I've done something silly, ahaha. Main computer user's gone for several days, so I've rearranged everything to be able to sit at silly desk thing comfortably. This entailed moving the massage chair thing to be used as a seat... which didn't really fit under the desk. Not a big deal for the keyboard, but with the mouse it was pretty awkward... for a bit I was using the comfychair's arm rests to hold the mouse pad. Kinda' annoying.

So! I moved the previous computer chair, a fairly plain wooden one, to sit beside the comfychair, then stacked up a number of books (Including such luminaries as a couple of volumes of the encyclopedia of philosophy and a pair of phonebooks) until it was high enough to comfortably place the mouse. I am now supremely comfortable and ready to compvege for like, the next 36 hours or so.

It's times like this that I really do enjoy being an environment raping human. It prepares us well for little adjustments like this~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I'm not sure weather I should be happy or sad about this, but basically, I'm looking for a new smartphone, and my criteria are:

1ghz or more processor
Android
Querty Keyboard
Must be within my price range.

These are the ones that match: http://tinyurl.com/7mxdg3y

Out of those, three are carrier locked.

And two are exactly the same other than screen and battery size.

Leaving me one option. I'm normally used to having to chose between a bunch of similar phones. Not sure how I want to feel about there being really only one option.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

30-minute Reiki full-body massage. After a week or so of back pain and strained hamstrings, my body feels like a Slinky now. if the copay weren't so damn high, I'd have that done at least twice a month.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 5546 5547 [5548] 5549 5550 ... 13325