Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5544 5545 [5546] 5547 5548 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805697 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Mighty Taco. They have the best tacos. Words cannot even adequately convey how much better than other tacos they are. There was a good reason RIT students would drive over an hour one-way just to eat at one. So good. :D

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Mighty Taco. They have the best tacos. Words cannot even adequately convey how much better than other tacos they are. There was a good reason RIT students would drive over an hour one-way just to eat at one. So good. :D

There is a bbq pork place (The Shed) in Saucier MS, a girl I knew drove 3 hours each way to eat there the night before she deployed to Iraq.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Every time someone compliments me, especially a person in authority over me, I always assume that I've unwittingly pulled off an incredible con-job.  And sooner or later this person is going to figure out that I'm no where near as competent as they think I am.  Teachers, family, bosses.  They're all eventually going to see through my personable demeanor and ability to power through simple tasks to realize that I'm actually futzing around all the time and making everything seem harder than it is so it's more notable when I'm done.  And there's a very strong part of me I've been fighting with for years that believes I'd rather be impressive in a small role in whatever I'm doing than be given some actual expectation and then crash and burn.

Case in point when my boss acknowledged today that I came into his employ at an unusually light time, but he's sure I can keep up with demands when the ball gets rolling.  And that I'd be a perfect compliment for training and supervising new people as the company grows.  And here's a six thousand dollar raise, with bonuses definitely in the pipe for those projects I've been a big help on.

Uh... yeah.  Okay.  That's great.  You're the boss, boss.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

So today I covered for someone at a swanky law firm, another attorney friend. [shrugs]

I can't even believe it, the notion of an 8 hour day, and they gave me all the soda, coffee and tea I could drink among other niceties. Holy god, I was treated like a human being for once and dare I say appreciated. Jesus tap dancing Christ this is the thing the law school promised me but never had any intentions of delivering.

The "work" they did was NOTHING to me at all. Are you shitting me? You.... want a complaint drafted in .... K'.... I actually helped out some of the nicer people there with other stuff, because I just don't even know. I'm so used to lifting several times the weight these guys do that I just don't even really feel it (with the exception of that "ergonomically designed" office chair; that thing can be left behind somewhere because it was not comfy).

I didn't even realize that kind of bullshit was possible. Were... were those people bitching about a 40 hour week...? I ... I don't think I've ever worked only a 40 hour week in my whole god damn life, between  studying and just.... I think I'd love that kind of life. I mean really?

I got to be kinda appreciated for one day though.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:16:36 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

You know what you must do.

Kill him, wear his skin, and take over his life and cushy job at Swanky Law Firm Inc.

It's the only option.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was just going to say, try and find a job more like that, but I suppose Descan's idea is a suitable alternative.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Now now, murder isn't necessary. You just need to mercilessly ruin his life, crushing every fiber of his being with despair and hopelessness, so you can apply once he loses his job.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what you must do.

Kill him, wear his skin, and take over his life and cushy job at Swanky Law Firm Inc.

It's the only option.
It's all been done and parodied.

Creepy, requires digging a hole in my basement, and not original, na, I'll pass.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Nothing's original, bub.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing's original, bub.

Much as I'm aware of the idea. Originality is possible, but not done, because nobody wants to pay writers.

Please don't quote me.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

I got a computer out of nowhere. Not exactly the world's best, but it has a 500 gig hard drive and a processor somewhere approaching modern.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

This was a Pyrrhic victory.

I have been rewarded for performing a nigh impossible task at the very last minute in the previous release cycle. It was bullshit, and stupid of them to ask, but I managed to hack some shit together over several unpaid weekends and save the government somewhere upwards of a million dollars in equipment replacement costs.

For this I received a first class envelope with a thank you letter and $250 in amex gift checks. I would have been better off if they just payed me for my time, but it will look good on my resume.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I'm celebrating my raise as a bachelor should.  I turned on three lights and both ceiling fans, the TV is on and I'm not watching it, and I whipped up a hearty meal for myself and future self.

Spoiler: Dinner of champions. (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This was a Pyrrhic victory.

I have been rewarded for performing a nigh impossible task at the very last minute in the previous release cycle. It was bullshit, and stupid of them to ask, but I managed to hack some shit together over several unpaid weekends and save the government somewhere upwards of a million dollars in equipment replacement costs.

For this I received a first class envelope with a thank you letter and $250 in amex gift checks. I would have been better off if they just payed me for my time, but it will look good on my resume.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
The reward you get for digging holes is a bigger shovel.
Somehow this quote seemed appropriate.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

her phone cord (that somehow still exists)
For some reason THIS was the part I went "Hey yeah, that is odd" at. ???
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 5544 5545 [5546] 5547 5548 ... 13325