Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5536 5537 [5538] 5539 5540 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15801056 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

I'm gonna post this here for extra visibility.

As of this posting, for 21 hours 38 minutes, Unreal World 3.14 is free.

Thought it would be a good idea to post here too since I know some people have expressed interest in the game off and on but were on the fence. If you're interested download and install before time is up, it has a server check to make sure the giveaway is still ongoing.

Thanks fdor the heads up. It appears my already near zero productivity will soon become negative.
This is a blank sig.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Woah, major kudos for the heads up, J. Always found URW to be intensely sexy (well... except for the photo things :P), but never really had the means or the will to nab it up.

E: Aannndd gots it. Huzzah! ... back to playing Master of Mana >_>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:18:54 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Oh dammit, I'm away from my computer for today D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

No hangover!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Future clothing is closer and closer, now if they'd just make that damn invisibility jacket it would ace.
AND SO IN THE FUTURE, ALL HUMANS SHALL COURT WITH COLOUR BASED COMMUNICATIONS, FOR ALL OTHER RITUALS HAVE BECOME OBSOLETE.

Also I'm pretty certain invisible-me vestments are in development. I think it's mainly being led by the Japanese after some Scottish scientists invented a new wonderful material.

Scotland + Japan ftw

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

That dress sounds like it could lead to incredibly awkward situations.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

That dress sounds like it could lead to incredibly awkward situations.
And absolutely nothing else, honestly.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'm going to a gay marriage today :D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Thanks for that HU, Janet!  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had an absolute blast at last nights AD&D game I joined.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Suffice to say I've heard that tabletop games tend to be nuts but actually participating is another thing altogether.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Skeletons are immune to crits.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

AD&D might be different. Alternatively, some sort of homebrew ability allowing it in certain circumstances, like with a weapon super-useful against undead or something.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Somehow I didn't notice that detail :V

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to a gay marriage today :D

'Grats to your friends.

The cheesecake I made last night actually turned out pretty fucking awesome. Go me!
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Huh, I could have sworn you played a cleric in Neruz's old campaign before, userpay.

More happy from the D&D front: I won yesterday's round of my D&D (3.5) group's character optimization tournament. The character creation rules were 32 point buy, partial gestalt via the tier system. ('weaker' classes like CA ninja or fighter get to gestalt with other weak classes, whereas wizards, clerics, and the like don't.) We started with 32 level 10 characters and have so far narrowed it down to 8, three of which are mine. (Everyone started with 4.)

My favorite of my characters has to be Blast Manface, name courtesy of MST3k's manly name generator. CA ninjas are normally fairly terrible, but 8d6+14 sneak attack damage per attack gets silly when you can hit four times. He turns invisible, runs past someone while invisibly stabbing them with sneak attack, hides somewhere, and repeats the next round. If they have true sight or the like, he just turns ethereal instead and hides in a wall or something. The previous favorite to win the whole competition was my friend's Malconvoker that can summon half a dozen gigantic monsters in half a round, allowing them to attack on the same turn. I won that fight by turning invisible, leaping over the 6 Dire Howlers he summoned, and stabbing him right in the squishy wizard face. (With 160 damage! Caps at 316 if he gets four criticals, but that's just overkill.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:13:33 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 5536 5537 [5538] 5539 5540 ... 13325