Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5522 5523 [5524] 5525 5526 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795816 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But that's like saying Microsoft really found their stride with Bungie, except even less so because Microsoft at least got itself involved.

Not sure if buying someone who's already doing it right and then not interacting with them besides the occasional influx of funding can really be considered "finding one's stride". :P

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But that's like saying Microsoft really found their stride with Bungie, except even less so because Microsoft at least got itself involved.

Not sure if buying someone who's already doing it right and then not interacting with them besides the occasional influx of funding can really be considered "finding one's stride". :P

Perhaps you'd have preferred if I just said "Disney made a good decision buying Pixar," then. Same notion, just different verbage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I bought two things that are going to make me a very happy man today: I found a local supplier for Sriracha, and I bought more rum.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got around to finishing Victor Hugo's Notre Dame de Paris ("The Hunchback of Notre Dame"). I've been reading it very slowly- only a scene or chapter at a time, sometimes weeks or even months apart- and reflecting on the characters and themes between reading.

It's not at all a story about a gypsy dancer and the unfortunate men who fall for her. It's about society, about art and learning, about the behavior of the masses compared with those of individuals, and about the many forms love can take, be it for good or ill. I'm also blaming it for fanning that little spark of rebelliousness and defiance in me, though that might just be the residual effect of close proximity to concentrated Frenchness. In any case, I can sense ways in which I've changed since reading it... and I've found a new appreciation for French culture as well.

Apparently Victor Hugo wrote it all with a single bottle of ink. Throughout the writing process he wore a long gown-like grey wool sweater, so he wouldn't be tempted to do anything but research and writing. In addition to enjoying his work, I genuinely admire his spirit and dedication to the craft.

That, combined with snippets from Ze Frank's show, has gotten me thinking about the nature of life, our place here, and the purpose behind creating. Building our magnificent sandcastles despite the knowledge that they'll be washed away, and striving ever against inevitability. It's oddly empowering.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:07:12 pm by Solifuge »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

WAAAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://t.co/84EqH6qQ

JAPAN IS MAKING A GIANT ROBOT FOR SERIOUS USAGE

THAT IS REDICULOUS OH MY GOD WAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I CAN'T BREATH SEND HELP

(also this is the last topic I'll post this link in honest, It's just so hilarious a concept)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<snip>
Yay Notre Dame! It took me a very long time to finish that book, but boy was it worth it. There's a bunch of other classic literature that I've been wanting to look into too but so far I've never mustered the focus to read it. Maybe I'll try getting back into Moby Dick again at some point.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I is pro mlg farmer, I just finished making round bales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

It's better than the original Bangarang music video anyway, mostly because Mr. Creosote driving an ice cream truck that gets robbed by kids makes no sense at all.

edit: I love classic literature, for all the depth and meaning behind it.  But dear god, I cannot get into most of the books I own or downloaded. Maybe I'm just lazy and need to try harder and procrastinate less.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:20:20 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Ehn. Honestly, I'd give good odds that it's just that most of the classics and great notes in literary history are depressive as fuck. Deep, insightful, and something like 90% about either bad sex, death, or bigotry/xenophobia (or, of course, some combination of the lot). It's just not very... something. I'unno. It doesn't engage if you're not intrested in fighting doldrums for your literary fix.

Back to reading the rumia-gets-summoned-by-louise ZnT/Touhou crossover :P

E: Maybe try something like the Thousand Nights and a Night, or Romance of the Three Kingdoms or something. More zing, less social commentary and/or angst.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:35:39 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

I is pro mlg farmer, I just finished making round bales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

It's better than the original Bangarang music video anyway, mostly because Mr. Creosote driving an ice cream truck that gets robbed by kids makes no sense at all.

edit: I love classic literature, for all the depth and meaning behind it.  But dear god, I cannot get into most of the books I own or downloaded. Maybe I'm just lazy and need to try harder and procrastinate less.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

WAAAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://t.co/84EqH6qQ

JAPAN IS MAKING A GIANT ROBOT FOR SERIOUS USAGE

THAT IS REDICULOUS OH MY GOD WAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I CAN'T BREATH SEND HELP

(also this is the last topic I'll post this link in honest, It's just so hilarious a concept)
I don't even like mecha and I still think that's awesome.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I think we should invest in making working PPC cannons. They can work on Gundam, we'll work on Battletech.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9svCQN6QgaE&feature=related  :o

Also:

Went to a restaurant with co-workers the other day, and a coworker ordered a 'Horlick'

I asked, "What's a Horlick?ONLY ANSWER APPROPRIATELY." as I realized what I just said.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:45:09 pm by kaenneth »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I don't even like mecha and I still think that's awesome.

Oh yeah, totally, I just feel it's kind've a ridiculous concept without giving it enormous clown shoe looking feet to support it's weight.

With that said, some of the greatest technological concepts in history were discovered by just setting a seemingly impossible goal and going at it with all we've got, and who knows, maybe this'll invent a new power source or something that'll revolutionize the world.

But until then I'm going to laugh at it. :P

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I just realised that a level 1 Commoner can destroy an entire DnD campaign. Hopy shit man.
Chicken Infested, or something a little more clever?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Its not very clever, but its still pretty hilarious.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5522 5523 [5524] 5525 5526 ... 13325