Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5501 5502 [5503] 5504 5505 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780473 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Though still not as bad as the time I found a comment on an archaic bit of code saying "You figured this out; you don't need comments for this." Why yes, I do need comments for this, thank you very much.

My God, that's like giving yourself the finger though time.  "I am gonna get such a kick out of this when I see it in a few months.  Future Me will laugh his brilliant ass off!  Like hey me, remember how smart we are?  Good times."
Except someone else wrote it. I showed it to the professor whose research project the code was for; she approved my response comment directly underneath it which states: "//^ Fuck you; Sincerely, The Next Guy Working on the Code"

But in any case; there is significant evidence beards are an important factor in programming. http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-06/18/successful-programmers-have-beards

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Though still not as bad as the time I found a comment on an archaic bit of code saying "You figured this out; you don't need comments for this." Why yes, I do need comments for this, thank you very much.

My God, that's like giving yourself the finger though time.  "I am gonna get such a kick out of this when I see it in a few months.  Future Me will laugh his brilliant ass off!  Like hey me, remember how smart we are?  Good times."
Except someone else wrote it. I showed it to the professor whose research project the code was for; she approved my response comment directly underneath it which states: "//^ Fuck you; Sincerely, The Next Guy Working on the Code"
Nice.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think a nicely trimmed goatee can look good on a guy. It's about finding a look that works, I think, and not everyone can pull off ever type of bear.

One of my friends has the most badass Abe Lincoln beard. It is amazing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:47:41 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Truean, that sounds rather awesome. I think.

Very. My broke as hell client and I come out of this ahead. Dare I say Justice?
Or This, maybe?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We're talking about beards? I want to grow one, it's just that the in-between-beard stage is so long (at least right now) and almost looks unprofessional somehow.

I want to look professional.

Trust me dude, there is no such thing as a professional beard.  Now do you want to look like Business or like Programming?

Because trust me, I put on slacks and shirtsleeves every day to go to my programming job.  I do not look professional.

You've got a point. I'm still getting the hang of this whole "JOB" thing, so I'm playing it safe by overdressing and shaving every other day. Maybe I should lighten up.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

We're talking about beards? I want to grow one, it's just that the in-between-beard stage is so long (at least right now) and almost looks unprofessional somehow.

I want to look professional.

Trust me dude, there is no such thing as a professional beard.  Now do you want to look like Business or like Programming?

Because trust me, I put on slacks and shirtsleeves every day to go to my programming job.  I do not look professional.

You've got a point. I'm still getting the hang of this whole "JOB" thing, so I'm playing it safe by overdressing and shaving every other day. Maybe I should lighten up.
What kind of jerb?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I fix computers and build/maintain websites for both ordinary people and businesses around town. Only have a few recurring clients right now, but at least it's paying my insurance.

I also write funny articles for a homeschool website. I get paid a seperate salary for that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Aria of Sorrow is coming along nicely. This is a very good game.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I fix computers and build/maintain websites for both ordinary people and businesses around town. Only have a few recurring clients right now, but at least it's paying my insurance.

I also write funny articles for a homeschool website. I get paid a seperate salary for that.
Scragglier is better. Computers require shaggy beards.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs2m2DJybD4
My only objection is that they didn't need to edit reality in order to arrive at a badass FDR. It's like trying to salt your bacon - yeah, lots of things get better with salt, but is it really going to help here?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just finished Digital. Only two bad things about it:
SO SAD RIGHT NOW.
Alalala, oh I can't hear the music silly me! *Turns up volume in headphones* Much better! *Connects* OH GOD MY EAR I THINK IT JUST POPPED OH GOD WHY

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SO SAD RIGHT NOW.
Alalala, oh I can't hear the music silly me! *Turns up volume in headphones* Much better! *Connects* OH GOD MY EAR I THINK IT JUST POPPED OH GOD WHY
You kind of get used to it. And I managed to get the volume to a point where I could mostly hear the music and wasn't quite deafened by the connection noise. Both got kind of old after I messed up in the only way possible and spent about half an hour connecting long-distance one post at a time.
The end is sad, but the end credits were made so good (by this song), as well as just a good ending, that it was overall pleasant.
As a whole, the game was exceptionally well-done. I'm considering buying Analogue, but it seems rather short.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SO SAD RIGHT NOW.
You kind of get used to it. And I managed to get the volume to a point where I could mostly hear the music and wasn't quite deafened by the connection noise. Both got kind of old after I messed up in the only way possible and spent about half an hour connecting long-distance one post at a time.
I did that too, can you bypass it? Because it was annoying.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I think I like bourbon. I also like bourbon with honey in it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5501 5502 [5503] 5504 5505 ... 13325