Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5460 5461 [5462] 5463 5464 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15745473 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I just managed to break into C-Evo, which frankly wasn't that hard when I learned that shift+click = tell me what this is.

It's awesoooomeeee, I like it a lot better then Freeciv so far. Been having a blast. Has an Alpha Centauri (I think?) unit creation thing too, which is pretty awesome.
The only problem is you have to play by its mechanics, which are a little clunky and could be improved upon

the engine and UI do feel slicker than Freeciv though

Honestly I mostly got into it due to the AI, it seems to at least be putting forward the attempt to seem like it's actually playing the game, rather then actively setting out to destroy you at every turn.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I'm watching Paranormal State.  I want to be a medium, what a hilarious and easy job.
I.. I'm sensing something... it's emanating... coming from... that hallway! I... I'm getting a voice now.... It's saying.. something... something... I think I can make it out, just barely... It's repeating two words over and over now... "Pay".... "Medium".... Does anyone here get anything from that? I can't make heads or tails of it myself; did this spirit know anyone who went by the nickname of "Medium" perhaps? Did they owe any money to anyone important in their life?

And holy crap, how am I only finding out about this now? http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/brad-pitt-world-war-z-guns-seized-246251
Instead of shipping in prop guns for World War Z's filming in Hungary... they kinda sorta accidentally smuggled 85 illegal, fully functional assault rifles into the country. And then got raided by a counter-terrorism unit. pffttthahahahaha
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:50:04 pm by alway »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I hope the bullets were fake too.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I have just learned of a new X-Com game.  A...strategy X-Com game.  I shed a tear of joy.

I mean, this is probably old news to most people, since it was apperantly announced months ago, but whenever, I heard people talking about that 'new x-com game' I always assumed they were talking about the FPS that the bigwigs thought needed a recognizable name.  But no, this time I hear words like, turns, and sectoid...

So I look it up on youtube and I'm so happy... I don't know what to say.  It's like fate brought me to this, because I have recently been playing the old X-Com games again.
Yes, it is old news, this is 'the new (good) xcom game'. But its still a happy, and theres also Xenonauts for you to look at too.
This is a very big happy. I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I have just learned of a new X-Com game.  A...strategy X-Com game.  I shed a tear of joy.

I mean, this is probably old news to most people, since it was apperantly announced months ago, but whenever, I heard people talking about that 'new x-com game' I always assumed they were talking about the FPS that the bigwigs thought needed a recognizable name.  But no, this time I hear words like, turns, and sectoid...

So I look it up on youtube and I'm so happy... I don't know what to say.  It's like fate brought me to this, because I have recently been playing the old X-Com games again.
Yes, it is old news, this is 'the new (good) xcom game'. But its still a happy, and theres also Xenonauts for you to look at too.
This is a very big happy. I. AM. SO. EXCITED.
We have a thread in the Other Games forum, if you haven't been there already :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

So apparently, rather than being banned, Max Payne 3 multiplayer cheaters will be quarantined to "cheater only" rooms. This is intriguing.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

So apparently, rather than being banned, Max Payne 3 multiplayer cheaters will be quarantined to "cheater only" rooms. This is intriguing.
That should make for some interesting games.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

That is intriguing. Not only does it accomplish the primary objective of banning cheaters, it does so karmically and might even teach cheaters why that stuff doesn't fly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I fear that the all-cheater games will be the most entertaining, though.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

will non-cheaters be able to spectate?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Well, true. That and the risk that being "moved" rather than "banned" will make it seem like not a big deal, and thus encourage more people to do it, are possible issues.

Of course, I'm sure cheater-only games will lose their appeal rather quickly, especially since once you get "banned" there's no reason to be subtle about it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Some crazy dude (Nik Wallenda) just crossed Niagara Falls via tightrope. Truly badass.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20120615/liveblog-nik-wallenda-120615/

He's already done it, so it's just an interview now.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:47:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

This is true of every competitive thing ever.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Watch a bunch of aimbots shooting at invincible noclipers? Doesn't sound fun to me :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5460 5461 [5462] 5463 5464 ... 13325