Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5457 5458 [5459] 5460 5461 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15748006 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I learned today that I'm not that bad at shmups.

Putnam, what do you use for recording this?
If I can get it, I shall start recording some LPs, perhaps.

ZSNES with Mencoder and LAME using the built-in movie-making system (MOVIE OPT under MISC).
What sort of system specs do you have? I've tried recording things before and they always turn out ridiculously slow :P

Intel Core i5 750, quad core (like it matters :P), ~2.7 GHz

3 gigs of RAM (On 64 bit! Come on!)

Radeon HD 5450 (Shitty graphics card for... rendering videos.)

I figure it's pretty good RAM and the processor must be pretty good too, because I can run DF at 1000 FPS on embark.
Gah, you blow my processing speed out of the water. And I can almost guarantee that your graphics card is still better than mine :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Mine's Snes9X... IIRC that has video recording too, but it's crappy compression wise. Are the .sav files compatible between ZSNES and Snes9X?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So throw out your shoulder width too folks :P

Shoulder Width: 19"
Height: 6'4"
Arm Span: 6'8" or 80"
Weight: 239 Lb. (A lot of muscle)

People at work ask me to reach things pretty often.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

even if the savestates are not, the game memory is, so you can transfer ingame saves.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I just managed to break into C-Evo, which frankly wasn't that hard when I learned that shift+click = tell me what this is.

It's awesoooomeeee, I like it a lot better then Freeciv so far. Been having a blast. Has an Alpha Centauri (I think?) unit creation thing too, which is pretty awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Weight: 239 Lb. (A lot of muscle) Exactly two Dutchlings.
Fixed

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

So today senior resident left to sleep, so I was left as senior resident. Hence I had to do all the clinical courses myself.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I just managed to break into C-Evo, which frankly wasn't that hard when I learned that shift+click = tell me what this is.

It's awesoooomeeee, I like it a lot better then Freeciv so far. Been having a blast. Has an Alpha Centauri (I think?) unit creation thing too, which is pretty awesome.
The only problem is you have to play by its mechanics, which are a little clunky and could be improved upon

the engine and UI do feel slicker than Freeciv though
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

So throw out your shoulder width too folks :P

Weight: 239 Lb. (A lot of muscle)

People at work ask me to reach things pretty often.
Hueg Fool is Hueg.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

The Scientology versus the Internet page on Wikipedia has a war table.

I cannot even fathom how hilariously awesome that is.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

That is the most awesome thing of the day®.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Scientologists make Morman beliefs seem sensible.

Scientology is an evil cult driven by greed, that takes advantage of the mentally handicapped.

Seriously, they recruit in psyciatric hospitals.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

This was not intended to start a Scientology conversation in the Happy Thread. I highly doubt Janet would approve of a Scientology conversation in the Happy Thread, I would suggest that we stop or move it to an independent thread.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I have just learned of a new X-Com game.  A...strategy X-Com game.  I shed a tear of joy.

I mean, this is probably old news to most people, since it was apperantly announced months ago, but whenever, I heard people talking about that 'new x-com game' I always assumed they were talking about the FPS that the bigwigs thought needed a recognizable name.  But no, this time I hear words like, turns, and sectoid...

So I look it up on youtube and I'm so happy... I don't know what to say.  It's like fate brought me to this, because I have recently been playing the old X-Com games again.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

The Scientology versus the Internet page on Wikipedia has a war table.

I cannot even fathom how hilariously awesome that is.
When I saw "Moxon & Kobrin" in the belligerents column for Scientology, I assumed they were space alien rivals of Xenu. Turns out they're just lawyers (refrains from making any of myriad possible lawyer jokes out of deference to Truean).  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 5457 5458 [5459] 5460 5461 ... 13325