Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5408 5409 [5410] 5411 5412 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15761088 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

A video game movie that might not suck balls? I'll have to keep an eye on this, and a sniper trained on Uwe Boll, lest he gets within a hundred miles of this thing.
Thank God Pixar is working on this. I'll leave that there.

This actually looks good. I mean, I had a similar idea with how other sci-fi universes were able to coexist within the same 1 universe, or at least, a nexus of multiverses which behaves as like a single universe (though is actually a clusterfuck of many), which operates under a similar unifying law like our own called "Real Life Reality Law" (similar to what I would think the fruit of knowledge of good and evil Adam and Eve ate in the Garden of Eden does (establishes it as Law)).

Considering it consits of many upon many series (from canon to fanworks), made or not, still in the minds of others, alter-egos and etc. Think of the place like a full-blown imaginationland universe which rapes every law (physics, for starters) to ever exist, and you've got what I call "The Second Nature"; named for how familiar one would be within their element if were to directly interact with it from our universe's mortality, to that meta-verse's immortalities (based on the limited knowledge of a fan, so to put it). Don't be surprised if your true self is either an exaggeration of yourself, or not even the same species or form.

You can sorta say that the Second Nature is a multi-meta-verse where ideas exist and live. Imagine if you will if Star Wars and Star Trek shared the same universe as each other and LEXX, XCOM, Stargate, and for the hell of it Star Control 2; and why not, Super Metroid, Doctor Who, Super Mario, Unreal (Tournament), Bulletstorm, Borderlands, and SCP Foundation; Hell, let's load up every form of everything, and see what sticks. Now try living in that crazy-ass environment as a regular citizen, and let's see how long you'll survive. Now you might have to think twice about how you'll end that mook's life, knowing now they have a life, and this is their minimum wage job, just to feed their kids in a hellhole they live in 24/7; and let's not get started on how religion and politics work there either. Simply put, it's like how our universe and world deals with it, except magnitudes far worse.

If not born there, and let's say plucked out of your everyday life, and tossed head first in here, you'll be lucky to live for 24 hours if you end up in a random spot. However, if you begin life in your Alter-Ego, and their analog/counterpart of your existence in the Real World, you just won the survival lottery; and are living another everyday life in a more twisted universe.

Using myself as an example, I could be a freelance bounty hunter/pirate adventurer, which has all of his artwork as real tools of trade (from beings and races known, as well as a massive cast of characters, to weapons and vehicles crafted). That sounds like it would be fun to live as, especially if every series existed at the same time in one place. Let's not forget, my mind is also a part of it, ranging from my greatest fantasies to my worst nightmares.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:50:35 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Itnet, you just babbled about what a lot of fanfiction explicitly does :P

Some's even pretty impressive!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Itnet, you just babbled about what a lot of fanfiction explicitly does :P

Some's even pretty impressive!
Yeah, life in "Imagination Land" (I still like "Second Nature", personally) is a matter of perspective, whether you're creative or not, or how your mind works.

Sometimes being a little nuts can save you a ton of mental trauma (or cause it), or your own makings could create trauma to others and even yourself if you're not aware of what's yours. Of course, establish a Real World Law that prevents one's own imaginations from influencing the universe directly (which would turn it into either Heaven or Hell in a heartbeat; I mean, without it, it's essentially Garry's Mod: The Universe (+Scribblenauts expansion pack)), and now you have to survive in a collective of ideas as if it were our same original existence.

I tend to worry that sometimes, people that suffer some mental illnesses (or trip out hard) end up here without their knowledge, and have no idea what the hell is going on; others that think they do understand, well, that's just a good trip. I can also imagine that psychics can interact through subconscousnesses this way. Oddly enough, Psychonauts, The Cell, and Inception comes to mind now.

EDIT:
An afterthought: Anyone that has their heads in the clouds (Adults aren't immune to it), as well as overactive/over-imaginative kids, could be living in both realities (this "First Nature", and that "Second Nature") simultaneously, and most the time, don't care about how much they relate/interact with each other (or are even aware of the separation). Of course, to survive in our universe, most are told to calm down their minds, or even shut them up entirely (sounds like today's school system). Of course, it can't stop boredom. At least, if this whole thing were real, that would be a way to describe how much it would be in our lives already; and from our perspective here in Real Life.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, being an element in a universe of ideas; to be thought of as someone's idea would be treated in a similar matter. So to put it, your current life there could be someone else's biggest seller in this universe. It could even work vice-versa. Sorta like watching that one Robot Chicken clip of fantasy/Dungeons and Dragons monsters playing Desks and Diagrams (or essentially, The Office: RPG).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:28:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I just discovered the U.S. Department of Fear. It's hilarious in a morbid and cynical way. Perfect!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had some coconut-based misadventures with a buddy from out of town, and possibly found myself a roommate for the coming months! Huzzah!

Also, been reading through accounts of pre-colonial North American exploration, including the Viking invasion of the Americas... namely, an account of Freydis, the daughter of Eric the Red, leading her warriors (while pregnant, mind you) into a fight for their lives against Native Americans in the woodlands of Canada. The Vikings called them Skraelings (meaning "Weaklings") at first, until the Norse invaders got their asses handed to them several times, and were ultimately driven back north and across the sea. They departed saying that, though it was a bountiful land, their lives there would be lived in perpetual danger and terror of the "Skraelings". This is an incredible compliment, coming from the damned Vikings.

Also also, on an entirely unrelated note, I met and got to know an absolutely beautiful French girl who's going to be working at the lab with me. Apparently having read Victor Hugo won me a few points. :3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I can't describe my talents in such a way so as to not make it sound like I'm showing off. I really want to, but...

A friend just posted on facebook asking various students to post about their talents, and mine that I can come up with off the type of my head are:

"I can play guitar, bass, piano, harmonica, and clarinet, I can name the key and/or mode a song is in by listening or reading to it, I love math and grammar, and I am to Rock Band 3's pro guitar as Joey's rattata is to other rattata."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I have perfected the ratio of ice cream to milk in a milkshake. The result is a thick paste more than a liquid, and it is great.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm watching "Penn and Teller: Fool Us", and god I love all the performing arts. There are some amazing tricks here, and it's really fun to try and figure out how all the tricks are done, also, someone actually did the chicken and the duck trick! That trick is thousands of years old!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

I finally found the original song behind the He-man Heyaeaea thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haa1AhpOoK8
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

You didn't know? Man, that was the first video I looked up after I saw the he-man thing. It's really good.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

I didn't see any links or references to it.  :-[

I'm so used to the he-man one that I think its better. Especially the backing vocals part.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I don't know, the original is actually a really well-done and deep song. It's hard for pure hilarity to beat that, but it comes close.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

I can't take it seriously now that I've watched the other one.  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 5408 5409 [5410] 5411 5412 ... 13325