Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5387 5388 [5389] 5390 5391 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766146 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Same shit I see in any normal bar I go to, honestly.

Oh, you're wearing a Hollister/Abercrombie/Polo shirt, thick-rim black glasses or white-rim plastic glasses and aviator/trooper shades? Tell me how that automatically qualifies you as a total badass.

Gas masks and industrial tubing? I think that's closer to steampunk cosplayers than it is to hipster glasses and bro polos.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

I dunno, not being able to wear your hood up without someone calling the police on you is pretty suckish.

Dafuq?

I'm in the most dangerous city in the state and its in the top-10 most dangerous cities in America, and its perfectly fine to wear a hood everywhere.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I just can't take any claims of being "too conformist" or "too anti conformist" seriously. I don't care if people follow trends, make trends, or ignore trends. It's nothing to get worked up about... but people getting worked up over nothing IS something to get worked up about.

I find it irritating when people take -anything- too seriously. Life is too short to base your entire existence, wardrobe, schedule, or whatever around any single thing, rather than a fine mixture of different things that make you happy. :) I've met many people who take trends to a sickening level.
+82

Meh, I hardly bother with dressing well at all. Whatever tshirt is on top is the lucky one. So much simpler that way.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Same shit I see in any normal bar I go to, honestly.

Oh, you're wearing a Hollister/Abercrombie/Polo shirt, thick-rim black glasses or white-rim plastic glasses and aviator/trooper shades? Tell me how that automatically qualifies you as a total badass.

Gas masks and industrial tubing? I think that's closer to steampunk cosplayers than it is to hipster glasses and bro polos.

The whole steampunk cosplayer this is a partial derivative of certain goth styles, and vice-versa. :P I'm not talking about them. Steampunkers look fucking awesome. I mean your typical wanna-be 'Industrial goth'. You wouldn't understand this if you're not into the culture.

Its like my British friends telling me what a Chav is. For the fucking life of me, I can't wrap my head around what a Chav is.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Had a awesome time in psychonauts.
It has something old-y, that newer 3d platformers dont have...
(same goes for the sly series, the dogs life game...)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't wrap my head around what a Chav is.
Aren't they basically a combination of white rap kids mixed with the folks from Jersey Shore?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Its like my British friends telling me what a Chav is. For the fucking life of me, I can't wrap my head around what a Chav is.
Short version, dudes who wander around in burburry being scummy as fuck, and would likely knife you as soon as tell you to go fuck yourself. They're also the reason you're likely to get the police called on you if you wear a hood up :P
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

QUICKLY, I might have a date in a couple of hours, so I need advice on what to do fast. Speed beats quality in this, folks, so start brainstorming!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

QUICKLY, I might have a date in a couple of hours, so I need advice on what to do fast. Speed beats quality in this, folks, so start brainstorming!
Don't have a heart attack. That's very important.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Eh, to be honest, tophats are douchy by proxy due to the nature of aristocracy and a perceived superiority over their fellow man.

I would go so far as to contend that tophats 'elevate' you above all others, thereby declaring your mastery over them and an overt phallic symbol of dominance.

</Freud>

HAHA. Always wanted to do that. But seriously, tophats make you look like a douche 95% of the time.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I find it irritating when people take -anything- too seriously. Life is too short to base your entire existence, wardrobe, schedule, or whatever around any single thing, rather than a fine mixture of different things that make you happy. :)
Hrm, i disagree, but solely because I don't think "caring" is a finite resource. If you care about one thing a lot, it doesn't mean you don't care about everything else. If there's something to fear, it's being apathetic. I spent a good chunk of my latter teenage years and early 20s without a single thing in the world to care about, and just lethargically went about my day. Second worst days of my life (first worst was due to something else entirely).

"Too serious" is another thing I can't take seriously because most people who tout being "anti serious business" are very serious business about it. Live and let live, is a much better philosophy, I think. Let other people be serious, so long as they're not hurting anyone.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, to be honest, tophats are douchy by proxy due to the nature of aristocracy and a perceived superiority over their fellow man.

I would go so far as to contend that tophats 'elevate' you above all others, thereby declaring your mastery over them and an overt phallic symbol of dominance.

</Freud>

HAHA. Always wanted to do that. But seriously, tophats make you look like a douche 95% of the time.
The other 5% is the casual badassery that the recent migrators seek.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

I just got back from my first ever date, which is hilarious because I just out of a 4-year relationship.

Most importantly of all is to remain calm. Don't freak out, don't either retreat into a shell or make up for nervousness with 'confidence' and seem cocky.

Take it slow, see how she is and what she likes, small talk about likes and dislikes, plenty of eye contact, a joke here or there, and don't be afraid to be creative.

You'll be fine. :)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Moreover, they're things that are worth taking seriously. My great-uncle was until recently a missionary in the Congo, helping running schools and shit. He used to come back every other years with a cocktail of tropical disease and assorted health problems, spend two month resting in his monastery, and head back into the wild. The only reason he's staying in Belgium now is because his superiors wouldn't let him go back to Congo, as he's over 80 and not in great health anymore.

That guys took his calling way to seriously by your standard, and still I wish I could care about something this much. Even now that he's stuck here, he spend his time fundraising and writing textbooks for african farmers, priests and teachers.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Woops, forgot to post this. That's what I get for writing up a post and then tabbing out to another thread and then back in again. Here is the most terrible picture someone has EVER taken of me.

That facial expression >_< BOTH our facial expressions. We were painting the walls of my high school chorus class as a favor to our awesome Chorus teacher since we were the captains of the art club, and someone randomly decided to take a snapshot mid-convo about some disturbing subject, catching us in weird poses and making the most ridiculous facial expressions... I look like a fucking troll. That was Junior year if I'm not mistaken.

Behold, my embarrassment. And yeah, yeah, yeah. It was mid-June and I was hot as hell, hence why my hair is a mess and I'm shirtless. I have an excuse, damn it! :P

Pages: 1 ... 5387 5388 [5389] 5390 5391 ... 13325