Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5386 5387 [5388] 5389 5390 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766206 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I wouldn't call Goth "strange". They're outfit are strange, sure, but they're mostly sane. :p (At least the one that I know ^^)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

I wouldn't call Goth "strange". They're outfit are strange, sure, but they're mostly sane. :p (At least the one that I know ^^)

Strange =/= insane.

I've met many, many goths. The vast majority of them do happen to come from broken homes and fucked-up histories, but they've dealt with it -much- more efficiently than most 'normal' folk I've met. While other people hide what makes them unique out of fear of being spurned, we don't give much of a fuck and see everything in life as one big fucking joke. The only people you'll ever meet who take 'being a goth' way too seriously are little idiot teenagers who don't realize its just one macabre parody of life. We all started like that... :P I was intensely into the history of the goth, punk, and post-punk movements as a youngster but never got why others would so intensely cling to the current fads. It just made me realize there are hipsters in ANY group or culture, and so I learned to differentiate between the 'I wear black and listen to dark music because I'm want to be badass and have no self-esteem or sense of uniqueness' retards, and the 'I do what I do because its entertaining and I like it. Quit taking shit so seriously and just enjoy yourself!' types.

Its a lifestyle to all, but on varying degrees. Me? I don't see the need to advertise my personal tastes to everyone around me. I wear business attire and look like your typical 20-something who works in a bank or office, always in a suit & tie. Sure, I used to love having chest-length black hair, leather boots up to my knees, and fucking awesome outfits which I'd wear 24/7, but its so much more efficient when you have a differentiation between your personal and business/formal life.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Huh, I thought the goth scene died out a while back. Sounds pretty neat. Not my thing, but neat nonetheless.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Huh, I thought the goth scene died out a while back.
Nope, its just that the 'I wear black and listen to dark music because I'm want to be badass and have no self-esteem or sense of uniqueness' retards decided they could be more badass by wearing top hats.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Huh, I thought the goth scene died out a while back. Sounds pretty neat. Not my thing, but neat nonetheless.

Nah, just mutated. 30-40% of the folks at QXTs last night were in their 40s to 60s, dancing like it was the 80s, to the music of the 80s. Really beautiful to see, to be honest.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Nope, its just that the 'I wear black and listen to dark music because I'm want to be badass and have no self-esteem or sense of uniqueness' retards decided they could be more badass by wearing top hats.

+1

Though in reality all the poseur-ish kiddies go ridiculously overboard in the newest incarnation of post-goth styles, which is the whole Cyber/Industral goth thing, which pretty much comes seems like someone crossed military-and-power Rivetheads with hipster ravers.

Not to say I don't like 'Industrial'/EBM/Aggrotech/Etc, but it pisses me off when everyone is wearing gasmasks and hairfalls and shit. No, its not a universal thing, damn it. Its like a beard; it either works or it doesn't. Putting fucking industrial tubing on your head doesn't instantly make you badass, good sirs, it makes you look like a douche.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

That sounds pretty terrible, I'm not going to lie.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile

This is disconcerting to read. I dearly hope that there is not a counter-culture ruining top hats for everyone.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

There are a couple douchey guys at my college who wear fancy hats all the time, actually.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Those darn hipsters, making things popular therefore uncool.

;)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

That sounds pretty terrible, I'm not going to lie.

Same shit I see in any normal bar I go to, honestly.

Oh, you're wearing a Hollister/Abercrombie/Polo shirt, thick-rim black glasses or white-rim plastic glasses and aviator/trooper shades? Tell me how that automatically qualifies you as a total badass.

When I was a young teen and wore that type of clothes, I was dubbed a nerd and got my ass beaten bloody on dozens and dozens of occasions. Now Polos are cool? What happened to being labelled as a wanna-be white-boy and a loser? <_< Oh, wait, I forgot. Its 'cool' to be a 'nerd' or a white-boy now. Jeeze, kids I know from Cali used to get their asses KICKED here for dressing that way. Now everyone dresses like they're from Cali? What a bunch of idiots.

Its one thing to derive a style from others, that is natural. Its entirely another thing to base your every move on what's currently 'cool'. Fuck cool, where what you feel like wearing, not what you think every other jackass out there expects you to wear. :P

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

I dunno, not being able to wear your hood up without someone calling the police on you is pretty suckish.
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I just can't take any claims of being "too conformist" or "too anti conformist" seriously. I don't care if people follow trends, make trends, or ignore trends. It's nothing to get worked up about... but people getting worked up over nothing IS something to get worked up about.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile

kaijyuu, I think you misundertand me. Scelly9 said that retards with low self-esteem were wearing top hats. If they are in any great number, anyone who wears a top hat might become associated with that group, and, no matter how much I may deserve the label, that is something I do not want.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

I just can't take any claims of being "too conformist" or "too anti conformist" seriously. I don't care if people follow trends, make trends, or ignore trends. It's nothing to get worked up about... but people getting worked up over nothing IS something to get worked up about.

I find it irritating when people take -anything- too seriously. Life is too short to base your entire existence, wardrobe, schedule, or whatever around any single thing, rather than a fine mixture of different things that make you happy. :) I've met many people who take trends to a sickening level.
Pages: 1 ... 5386 5387 [5388] 5389 5390 ... 13325