Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5385 5386 [5387] 5388 5389 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15767970 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Playing a Cornac Corruptor in Tales of Maj'eyal I had ambushed an adventurer party. Their necromancer cast one of those AoE ice spells at me, but since it's a slow projectile and my speed was boosted by Flame of Whatshisname, I was able to use dark portal to switch positions with the caster, with the net result of having him blast himself to death.

Corruptors ARE pretty good, all things considered :)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unearthed my The Beacon Street Collection and Tragic Kingdom. 90's in CD form. The nostalgia! The awesome! Oh No Doubt, how I laud thee.

Has had first beer. Not quite sure if want anymore.

What kind was it? I'd cover the basic types before deciding you don't like it, at least. (And then try wines! Everyone loves a good riesling!)

Wines ugh  :P

You know that one theory which explains that the reason we even have civilizations is because alcohol was easier to make if you had cities? Not saying it's true but that it even exists tells something about humans and intoxicants. Beer is like pizza. Just because you don't like one with olive & feta toppings doesn't mean you'd hate one with shrimps & ham. You know that clear lightly coloured beer they sell in big packs in the supermarkets? It's beer. And that brown, murky thing with bits of yeast floating about that I bought yesterday? It's beer. Do they taste the same? Hell no.

And some helpful if obvious words to finish, just because you're all grown up doesn't mean you must drink or get wasted. You can but don't feel that you should.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dude, on the wine front, no one ever dislikes Riesling (or Scumpy, especially) to my knowledge. Which is why I suggested it - they are the only kinds you don't really need to develop a taste for! (Well, unless it's really bad riesling, of course)

Seriously though Scrumpy is the shit if you can get your hands on that go for it. (Also bars that let you bring in your own containers are the shit. Mmmm...four gallons of scumpy... sorry, sorry, tangent.)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Today has been a restaurant fest. Ate a small snack during the morn, lunch and dinner outside the house.

Also, my family received a package from my grandmum living abroad, without notifying us. This has been quite shocking, but yeah, a nice thing to have when you plan to buy some groceries today.

Package contained, as is implied in the above post, food, some clothes, a book about investing and a lot of my father's programming books, edition 2004 - 2007.

Might be outdated, but I can be sure it'll be a good read.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I just bought Humble Bundle V (actually 8)
This is horrible, i will fail my exams if i play these games xD

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Yeah, this humble bundle has lots of really good games.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Played arena in DF

Grand master everything BC with adamantine armor and silver whip vs 15 mediocre humans.
WHO WILL WIN?
I did :3
Now i'm pinching all facial features from the last survivor, Human 12, also known als "tough guy derp" and "hooker"

EDIT:
Everything except his head, brain, spline and lungs are intact.
All the rest is broken/disfunctioning.
(yes, even his heart, i somehow made it disfunction without breaking it. Also, i pinched off half his face, and he's still walking tall (or would be, if i hadnt chipped every bone in his body)).

EDIT2:
Hm, he finally succumbed to infection, kind of as i expected.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:28:32 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

On the topic of Oblivion and modding, I think this is always worthy of mention.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yesterday was an unusually good day. Easy day at work, going out with the trucks. The driver asked me to change the station. Every time, with the first try, found something really good on. It was like I was Radio Jesus, I touched it and a miracle happened. Only without the heavenly chorus... no wait, this song came on, so I think that counts.

Also watched Battlefield Earth last night. Excellent movie.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Are you saying it's excellent ironically, or are you on drugs? 'Cause there are no other options.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

SUCCESS!

I went out with two friends to the local goth club last night around 9:30 PM, beat their asses in Pool then started dancing. Around 11:45 PM I gave up on waiting for her to arrive so I sent her a message on facebook saying that I guess she's not coming tonight, and that I'll see her next time. She got that message as soon as she got home from work, got dressed, and took a taxi to the club lol. She had trouble finding me in the crowd but she eventually found me thanks to my trusty Trash & Vaudeville punk jacket <3 One of a fuckin' kind, mostly due to the fact it was bought 36-37 years ago and is in absolutely terrible (yet stylishly punkish!) condition.

Long story short, we really hit it off, sparks flying, danced the night away, ended the night dancing close during a few romantic 80s darkwave/synthpop tracks, then took a calm walk to the local train station where we hopped in a cab together, chatting the whole time, where I dropped her off at her door.

...And hugged her goodnight.

God, I'm a dumbass.

I guess being single for a year has made me forget how to do anything useful. The fuck, I used to be so charming and good in bed/kissing. Now I vaguely remember it like I'm trying to put together a puzzle blindfolded.

Thankfully its like riding a bicycle and comes back to you, or I'd be screwed. I went through a year-long hiatus in relationships once before, and picked up quickly afterward. Only issue is starting off... Man, I'm terrible at making first-moves in -anything-.

This is bound to be hilarious.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Everyone talking about Oblivion made me play Skyrim again. Oblivion is all nice and all but I just cant stand playing that game anymore, I've played enough that for 10 next years.

Are you saying it's excellent ironically, or are you on drugs? 'Cause there are no other options.
Oh I just have to watch movie if it won that many worst movie ever awards!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

You've referred twice to a "Goth club" right now. What the hell is that thing?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

A club you fight Goths with, to keep them from sacking Rome? Wait...
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Q
« Reply #80804 on: June 02, 2012, 12:22:28 pm »

Dance club/bar for goths where they play EBM, Aggrotech, 80s Darkwave, synthpop, and everyone tends to wear a lot of leather, latex, and have crazy outfits. :P This particular club is called QXTs, in Newark, NJ, where I work. It has 1 main floor and 2 sub-floors, the aptly called 'Area 51' for its super-hard electro, and the 'Crypt' for its more macabre, old-school 80s tunes.

Pretty much a normal bar that focuses on dancing and caters to very strange people. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 5385 5386 [5387] 5388 5389 ... 13325