Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5381 5382 [5383] 5384 5385 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770678 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Ended my week with a pretty awesome sunset. Whole thing was technicolor (The sun was even hitting the water in a way that made it glow), and even had a rainbow cutting across the ocean to tie it all together (had a storm all day). I thought such things can only be seen when high. It took up the entire sky. As it was ending it looked like the skies were a duel between fire and ice.

Rainy days always have the coolest sunsets.

And nice work Alway.

EDIT:
Also wrapping it up by watching Queen's concert (Rock Montreal '81) on VH1C. Freaking awesome stuff. I miss when VH1 used to be about music. Thank God for this channel. Always great for starting up a morning.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:04:21 pm by Itnetlolor »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally old enough to have alcohol. Has had first beer. Not quite sure if want anymore.

Well I guess I'll find out for sure when we go do some gambling and Ren Faire this weekend.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has had first beer. Not quite sure if want anymore.

What kind was it? I'd cover the basic types before deciding you don't like it, at least. (And then try wines! Everyone loves a good riesling!)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Has had first beer. Not quite sure if want anymore.

What kind was it? I'd cover the basic types before deciding you don't like it, at least. (And then try wines! Everyone loves a good riesling!)
It's also entirely possible that you're not an alcohol person. So far, I'm not.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I can't stand beer, but I do like a good sherry.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile

It rained and it was glorious and it rained all day long.

I even got to use my umbrella. How cool is that?

Edit: Two people posted in the time it took me to type this. :I

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I'm just hoping all the booze my roommates have is for decorational purposes. The sheer quantity is a bit concerning...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

You are slow.

Edit: Oh god someone posted before me. KARMA. ;_;
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I don't know if it's a good idea to try one type of something once and give up on it.

Beer is sucky like that anyway, lots of really bad beers out there. Though my older sister has since converted me to liking some after finding a few I liked.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:45:57 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I say expand your palette when it comes to alcohol (But don't go overboard; find what you enjoy first, and what your body can handle). I've come to learn that I prefer a good bold beer with the likes of Guinness (not much for light beer). As for wines, not a fan of red wine, but white, I don't mind; Chardonnay is a good start.

But yeah, don't give up on the first shot.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:13:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I'm just hoping all the booze my roommates have is for decorational purposes. The sheer quantity is a bit concerning...
It is. They plan to decorate your apartment with vomit.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Just signed a large vegetable distributor doing $millions a year in sales as a client. .... In front of my dad who was helping me hang a picture in my office....

He wants me to start a business for him in New York State as a starter job. I explain that I'm not licensed to practice law in NY, which just means I need an NY lawyer to be the boots on the ground man. He's ok with it. He offers to PAY UP FRONT. I tell him I'm not sure how much it'll cost, besides, I trust him so he doesn't have to but that it'll be cheap, and he's cool with it. The price of the NY Lawyer and whatever the hell fees the State of New York charges to form an LLC will be the main factors in all of this.

"I like your attitude Kid, I'm gettin' you while you're cheap. You've got the right way to think about things and Sir, your son will have a bright future...."

"Sir I'll throw so much work your Son's way...."

My dad may have actually been fucking proud of me for once.

I have no idea what to charge this man, but I actually don't want it to be expensive, because I want to get him for a (relative to a lawyer's wages) small amount with each transaction, or offer him a retainer straight away to just do whatever the hell he wants to throw at me. Issue there being I don't want to lowball it and bite off more than I can chew, cause if this guy is doing as much shit as I think he is....

Regardless, I told him I would always do some appointed counsel public defender work, no matter what, even if only as target practice to keep my skills sharp....

Waiting until long after everyone else had gone, I think I cried for at least 30 minutes.... I have a boss who has basically been slowly trying to get me to quit and gradually closing down for years.... this might actually work to save me.

O_O

*claps slowly out of sheer admiration*

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I choose to hold a party in celebration of Truean's day. Plum wine for everybody!

Any chance of suggesting a probably lowball offer for a short time (maybe 3 to 6 months) to get a feel for how much work is actually going to be involved, then working out a more long term arrangement? He gets cheap work for a little bit so he's happy, you have an opportunity to figure out a good long-term rate so you're happy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Truean, I love you.

Marry me?

(No, I'm not trying to gold-dig. What makes you say that? ;D )
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 5381 5382 [5383] 5384 5385 ... 13325