Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5376 5377 [5378] 5379 5380 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15774336 times)

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

The first post is amusing, whats it from?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Got that girl that was mentioned in the WTF thread a while back into my turntable.fm pony room.

Words can not describe how happy this makes me; especially when she agrees that most of the music is awesome. Quiet possibly the only person in this entire town that's as into ponies and fiction as me, and on top of that she is a master with baked goods. She made cutie mark cookies for a graduation party on sunday, and she made a cake shaped like Dash's cutie mark for a friend's party.

Feelsgoodman.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

The first post in this thread? It's from Janet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I think WFS is referring to the various pics of some blonde anime girl. I dunno who it is either.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I've started playing guitar, starting with "Doll" from Ib. It's actually some other classical guitar song but I can't remember the name.

Wow guitar is super hard, my violin habits keep jacking me up.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Those of you tabletop RPG enthusiasts around here. You ever roleplay a character through a conversation only to get to the end and go, "Holy shit, this perspective makes sense. Why didn't I think of that before?" I think I know what escapism feels like now.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Those of you tabletop RPG enthusiasts around here. You ever roleplay a character through a conversation only to get to the end and go, "Holy shit, this perspective makes sense. Why didn't I think of that before?" I think I know what escapism feels like now.
Welcome, my friend! See my sig for awesome escapism that I'm slowly, ever so slowly working on. (Honestly, I hope simply to be done with my game before the Toady One is done with his.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I've long suspected that growing up around parents who roleplayed is a major reason I'm so adept at comprehending multiple perspectives.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Every other day.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

(Honestly, I hope simply to be done with my game before the Toady One is done with his.)
Likewise. Perseverance!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I wouldn't necessarily call it "escapism," but yeah most the fun of roleplaying comes from making up personalities with wacky traits and opinions, and then following them to their logical conclusion. Great way to explore character types; I use a lot of my tabletop character personalities in the fiction I write. I know quite intimately how they think, so it makes writing reasonable conflicts/etc easy.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I think WFS is referring to the various pics of some blonde anime girl. I dunno who it is either.

The character is Sonya from Kill Me Baby, which is currently my favorite Manga and possibly favorite thing at the moment (And she's my favorite character too). She's a schoolgirl assassin.

Totally not creepy to fill the first post with pictures. Nope.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Just found my old UT disc that I haven't seen since 2005 and installed UT99 on my laptop.

Ah, the memories...

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

I've now survived for two decades. Clearly I'm doing something right.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally finished my Bay12 themed parody poster. It's filled with random people from the forums and a fedora wearing slice of bread.

Spoiler: Poster (click to show/hide)

It took way too long to make with so many different avatars. I'm happy it's finally done! Normally when I leave something for a week to do something else I never finish it.

Good work. Kudos to you, my good man.
Pages: 1 ... 5376 5377 [5378] 5379 5380 ... 13325