Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5357 5358 [5359] 5360 5361 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779938 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

Every time someone in the house buys those, I just eat them straight out of the bag. I also eat the salad straight out of the bag.

I'm a big fan of eating from a single container.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Every time someone in the house buys those, I just eat them straight out of the bag.

So much this. OM NOM NOM CROUTONS

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

I graduate from high school in < 4 hours. 'Nuff said.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I just discovered that, when I inhale with the harmonica that I always keep near me, 5 notes of it in a row are the pentatonic scale used in Zelda: OoT/MM.

Yeeeeees.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:50:20 pm by Putnam »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

I just discovered that, when I inhale with the harmonica that I always keep near me, 6 notes of it in a row are the hexatonic scale used in Zelda: OoT/MM.

Yeeeeees.
1. Learn Zelda tunes
2. Record on Youtube
3. ????
4. Profit.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile

We expect a full recording in 2-3 days, or else we'll sic the raptors on you.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

While at work, one of the clients we had to do a carpet cleaning for (that knows my boss well), mentioned something about her kid having bullying troubles at their local school. Seeing as there's a crappy system that defends from bullying (which doesn't work at all; and if anything, defends the bullies more than the victims somehow; especially if the victim is standing their ground or fighting back), and inevitably, standing your guard gets you in trouble anyway, I have suggested a few counter-attack methods which sounded more funny, than outright harmful, and can possibly also send a message back that you're not to be messed with; however, I felt like I was rather lacking in my methods to suggest. I welcome more ideas that can appear more prankish and sickish, than outright harmful; or can be mis-interpreted as a crime (which the bully would win in defense).

However, here are a few I suggested to help them before they leave for home schooling. You know, to leave a mark before departure:
-Since in one incident, the bullies messed up their locker by pouring a cup of urine into their locker, my retort suggestion was along the lines of coating the inside of their bully's locker with dry cheyenne pepper (a good cup's worth), and make sure it coats everything inside by blowing air through the vents as it's poured in, and covering their lock, inside and out, with Sriracha hot sauce, or more subtlely (and easier to hide) Tobasco, and letting it dry on.
-Seeing as it's election season, figure out which party they support, and plaster their car and/or lockers/backpacks/etc. with the opposing party's stickers and support markers; and if they're not religious, plaster it with religious stickers and anti-abortion stuff (especially if it has aborted fetuses visible). Of course, keep the stickers placed street-legal. We want them to look like die-hard supporters of people they hate. In case they decide to return the favor, act like you oppose the people you support.
-Don't react to anything that comes your way; a lack of reaction should make them nervous, and give you, the victim, the air that you're potentially more dangerous than the bully in question; but only keep it within social circles to but not at the point authorities would have to be called in.
-Return the favor when THEY least expect it, depending on their timelines and degree of attack. Make them see how it feels for once.

I don't condone bullying, but sometimes, a victim showing some balls and successfully counter-attacking a bully; sometimes with a bit of counter-bullying ought to make one cheer for the little guy; if you don't have the brawn, use your brains, and out-think them, or mess with their heads, or give them a few harmless inconveniences to their schedules/activities, but nothing permanently damaging (like social networking destruction). A victim should always be above doing that. This should be supported if the school system's form of bully control remains as broken as it stands still (sounds like it hasn't changed since my good ol' days of elementary school).

Anyway, it felt nice at least to tell some of my ideas for counter-attacking bullying and the parent actually enjoying some of my ideas I gave them (cheap, annoying as hell if done right, and should get a message across to not be messed with). If it helps their kid rise up the ranks in their social circles, and teaches the bully some humility, then I'll be even happier. If they're still being put through hell, at least they're taking a few of their bullies down with them (and at least come to a draw with them, rather than constant loss). I wish I had the means and support to be able to do what I would suggest back then, with the kind of crap I had to deal with back then.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:00:19 pm by Itnetlolor »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Or do something to make his/her life absolutely surreal. What, I'm not sure, but depending on how long is left, it'll be wonderful.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to think of movies to watch with my new lady friend, but my preference for amazing old things is showing, and I'm not sure she'd be into it as much as I am as she's more subscribed into the modern style that's prevalent in movies nowadays.

I'm not sure, so I just started getting my favorite movies into one pile: The John Carpenter classics collection like They Live, The Thing, Village of the Damned, Prince of Darkness. For action I got Mad Max 3 Beyond thunderdome, Escape from New York, Where Eagles Dare, and A mess of Stephen Chow flicks. A touch of comedy wouldn't hurt, and she likes outrageous things so I thought I'd pull out Pootie Tang, but I'm not sure since it's kinda obscure if awesome. Then Dr. Strangelove on the top because goddamnit why not, we might watch it.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I seriously can't think of anything that was made in the last 10 years, and I'm lost, just completely lost trying to think of movies that couples watch.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I think it's actually from slightly before ten years ago, but Gangs of New York is a crowning piece of character driven cinema.

Can't think of too many recent comedies... Although the Three Stooges movie was actually a lot better than I expected, if you're into Stooges.  Which I'm going to wager she's not.

I also just noticed that you have Mad Max 3 for action.  Where the fuck is The Road Warrior?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Hack their facebook. Come out for them.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it's actually from slightly before ten years ago, but Gangs of New York is a crowning piece of character driven cinema.

Can't think of too many recent comedies... Although the Three Stooges movie was actually a lot better than I expected, if you're into Stooges.  Which I'm going to wager she's not.

I also just noticed that you have Mad Max 3 for action.  Where the fuck is The Road Warrior?

Believe it or not, I've never watched Mad Max 1 or 2. I've been meaning to get on that.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

I once travelled to Silverton where part of Mad Max 2 was filmed. It really is as barren as the movie portrays it.

Seriously, Silverton's about 25km out of Broken Hill, and it's more or less just a highway with a huge red dirt track either side of it, which the buildings flank onto.

Plus the original Interceptor was there. :D

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I don't know if it's just me, but I found the entire Mad Max series just not entertaining.

I still say Commando is the king of dumb but funny action movies. I need to watch that again soon. Maybe Ill have to collect a bunch of dumb yet entertaining movies and stream them some day.

Of course we'd have to watch The Room. Eva would break a few objects on my head if I didn't include that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 are the best movies to come out in the past decade, imo. Comedy/action.

If you want a shorter comedic movie, there's Dr. Horrible.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 5357 5358 [5359] 5360 5361 ... 13325