Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5346 5347 [5348] 5349 5350 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766551 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

On a different topic, I have the plug that converts my guitar cable into a 1/8" cable. Anyone know what I need to play my guitar on the PC?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

It should work like any other microphone.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

So, Sweden won the Eurovision Song Contest the other day. And hell, if it wasn't even with a good song (Also featuring awesome Ramones Bangs and what's been beautifully described as "impressionistic crab dance" ;) ) as well. I didn't think much of it to begin with, but it's the kind of song that gets better for every time you hear it. Or it could possibly the onsetting stages of premature Stockholm Syndrome, because god knows this song is going to hold us hostage for the rest of the year at least.

The artist, Loreen, also caused quite the little stir while down in Azerbaijan just by visiting a couple of human rights organisations as well, which makes her a bit awesomer as well.
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

It should work like any other microphone.
Bah. Whenever I do it that way, all I ever get out of it are these wimpy little 'plink plink' noises. Is there a virtual amp or somesuch that I can get for either free or extremely inexpensive?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Not that I could find online.

You could run the signal through an actual amp. Plug the guitar in to an amp and plug the 1/4"-to-1/8" wire from the headphone jack to the computer.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Hmm. Welp, I'll probably just plug my headphones into my amp. Thanks, though, bro.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Welp, I'll probably just plug my headphones into my armpit.
As you can imagine, I was wondering what the hell you meant with that.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From Transformice earlier tonight:

Ochita: We really are soulmates, Leafsnail
Ochita: B-but it's not like I like you, B-Baka!
Leafsnail: Suddenly Tsunderechita?

Was a good time y'all. We should do it again. Max was pretty handy with his Ratapults, and I was a pretty masterful planker.

EDIT: It's a long video, but the unedited footage is here. Complete with all the best worst music I could dredge up from my hard drive.

Well damn, somehow I didn't hear about that! It's been forever since I played Transformice, but I used to quite a lot. In fact, last time I got on everyone I had ever friended was gone. I left a goodbye note and haven't touched it since... well, what can you do? *shrug*

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Stay up all night. Get ready to jump off of turntable.fm, and right before you do somebody plays Rick Astley. Just amazing.

Also people that wanted to try but couldn't because of IP stuff, I think that in the 4chan OP it said something about connecting with a proxy then just using regular connection.

I put the copy pasta in the thread, for reference: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110210.0

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Apparently the zbrush remake of the classic Doom Cacodemon I made about 4 years ago has caught the attention of an HD doom project over on the zDoom forums.  It's awesome to get contacted by people completely at random who appreciate your work.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

That's awesome, Salmon!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Applied to work at Yellowstone National Park, hoping to get accepted :D

What sort of position are you eyeing for?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Applied to work at Yellowstone National Park, hoping to get accepted :D

*cough supervulcano cough cough*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So one of my forays into romance has turned successful, what do you know? Turns out: The good morning kiss is the best feeling ever.

Now I'm just racked with worry that my inexperience in stuff like this won't cause me to fuck it up.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

One advice: Learn to say 'no' in your relationship as early as possible.

My brother got almost all of his personal time sapped because he didn't know when and how to reject a request from his girl.

This lead into her learning to throw a fit in order to get my brother to come over to her. And it worked every time.

Don't become a Yes Man, and learn to sort your priorities. That said, if her requests are more important than what you're doing, then go, shoot for it.

Oh, and likewise, don't force her to do things if there's something more important to her at hand, like a business meeting for example.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 5346 5347 [5348] 5349 5350 ... 13325