Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5309 5310 [5311] 5312 5313 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15826242 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

cat food

Mostly, the bad reactions cats have to dry cat food is one of getting fat. There will be some indigestion as they get used to the new food, too, but once they're used to it it'll be fine. Just be aware that weight may become an issue, especially if you let them overeat. Plant-based foods tend to turn into sugar in their systems, but most cat foods have some amount of meat product and, just as important, bone fragments.

If you're really worried about their health, you can look up some cat dietary guides online, order specialized food for them, and give that to them. Of course, yours might have the same reaction as mine had to that approach: "What the %@#$ is this crap?"
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As for neutering, it can change things up a bit with behavior, but if you don't do it, you can expect a litter every year or so, per cat (unless you very carefully keep them inside), which... adds up. Quickly. Especially if you don't already have a good idea of what to do with the excess. You don't have the space or resources to keep up with cat output, especially if something isn't killing off parts of the litters. No, I don't know your particular situation, but it's fairly irrelevant. DF catsplosion is only somewhat exaggerated.

As for indoor/outdoor... there's, uh, not really a kind of breed specification re: that, so far as I know. If you keep them indoor, they're a bit less likely to disappear some day, but that entails some extra effort (litter box(es), oi.). It's a matter of preference and cat personality.
Oh god yes. according to wikipedia a cat has a litter size that's usually between 3-5 kittens, but our cat had a litter of 7. Cat's can also do this 2-3 times a year... so that means with favourable conditions they can pop out 6-15 kittens per year... if not more. The kittens can also begin making kittens of their own within a year, I also know from experience that cats will mate incestuously. This is why we have such a huge overpopulation problem when it comes to cats. The only thing that has kept it from being worse is that cats tend to be territorial, when cats are kept in the same house they usually learn to tolerate each other, but they will chase each other away outside... unless they want to breed.

Also if you don't neuter your cats you're going to have to deal with behavioural problems. Females will trot around the place yowling, which is their way of trying to tell any male cats that may be around that they want to mate, male cats will spray urine to mark their territory and tell any female cats that they can come to your house for a good time.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

More than one cat will also result in a staggering number of dead/dying rodents and birds being gifted to you. Its only distressing the first few times to have half a mouse dropped on you while you are asleep.
This is a blank sig.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More than one cat will also result in a staggering number of dead/dying rodents and birds being gifted to you. Its only distressing the first few times to have half a mouse dropped on you while you are asleep.
Kind of depends on the cat. But the possibility of a feline godfather is something to be aware of.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I was play boxing with my daughter, and she just punched me hard enough to leave a red mark and possibly a bruise. Makes a daddy feel proud. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Female cats with kittens are probably the worst for that, bringing back things to train thier kittens with that then escape and find thier way into your laundry or suchlike.

I was play boxing with my daughter, and she just punched me hard enough to leave a red mark and possibly a bruise. Makes a daddy feel proud. ^_^

My youngest rugby tackles me, and gets her head on the correct side and everything! Makes me well up...
This is a blank sig.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Happy Penguin Egg?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Puff used to leave half chipmunks under my pillow and rattlesnake corpses on the porch and get my older brother to frantically bury what was left of the neighbors dog before they found out it was missing.

I miss my kitty.

All that Max does is leave chewed up lizards in my tax and mortgage paperwork.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

My Dad has a cat (Oscar). He once showed up with the head of a dog. Its probably best we never found the rest of it.
This is a blank sig.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... this is making me fear greatly for the safety of my two little dogs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

My Dad has a cat (Oscar). He once showed up with the head of a dog. Its probably best we never found the rest of it.

:o
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

:o
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

That's no cat, that was a Kumiho.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So DayZ was being troublesome, the game has been running slowly for me when I tried to play it today, and some random guy walked up and shot me while I was looking at a map to get my bearings.

But hey, I just discovered we apparently have Heroes of Might and Magic VI... although for some reason they've apparently decided to name this one "Might and Magic ® Heroes ® VI"... which is a little weird, but I'm going to find out if it's any good.
Pages: 1 ... 5309 5310 [5311] 5312 5313 ... 13326