Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5292 5293 [5294] 5295 5296 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805678 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I knew this one Twilight fan who found it pretty hard to follow and dropped it early on. I myself am a fan of the original. Lynch's film is also fairly good, though that's the Lynch fanboy in me and not the Dune fanboy. Also loved Emperor: Battle For Dune, even though it isn't the most balanced RTS out there.
Are...are you insinuating that I'm a Twilight fan? D:

You, sir or madam, have done me a grave disservice! Apologize at once!

In seriousness, Dune isn't the only "classic" that I didn't enjoy. I liked parts of Snow Crash, for instance, though on the whole I found it somewhat bland and not nearly as cool as the fans insisted it was.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

The only book which I remember as being boring and difficult to follow (but still interesting enough to keep reading) was the Silmarillion.
The Silmarillion was a disorganized mess. I was very disappointed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, the Silmarillion was just a bunch of notes put together after the author died.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Indeed. I didn't realize that before I started reading it, hence my disappointment.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Well, I for one enjoyed the Silmarillion.

You now, with all this talk about classic literature, I think we should start a thread about classic literature.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Define classic first.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhh... Things that are considered classic?

I dunno! Don't hurt me! :P

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Oh god, what is with the Denko-emoticon on the thread title? KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Oh god, what is with the Denko-emoticon on the thread title? KILL IT WITH FIRE!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Switch it to the sunglasses emoticon. Not the number-eight-closed-parenthesis one, the one made of Unicode.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Does the loot sharing and coop work well for a game like Torchlight?

Drops are generated per kill per person. So when a boss dies it drops different loot for every player. Trading is simple and items have one size like in the original. You can still reclaim gems or ungem items just like in the first torchlight.

In my opinion normal mode seems a bit easy. But it's some good mindless fun in that mode. When it releases Ill probably start fresh on a higher difficulty.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(_'_) /'_'_'_'\ (_'_)

Whyyyyyyy

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, just remembered: Figured out to make a light-generator in Powdertoy without resorting to CLNE. Some of that GLOW stuff encased in QRTZ. Sure, there's a size below which it won't work, but on the plus side, you can control the colour of the generated light.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Does the loot sharing and coop work well for a game like Torchlight?

Drops are generated per kill per person. So when a boss dies it drops different loot for every player. Trading is simple and items have one size like in the original. You can still reclaim gems or ungem items just like in the first torchlight.

In my opinion normal mode seems a bit easy. But it's some good mindless fun in that mode. When it releases Ill probably start fresh on a higher difficulty.
That sounds pretty good. I gotta give the dev team props for getting a working loot share system going in a dungeon crawler.

Oh yeah, just remembered: Figured out to make a light-generator in Powdertoy without resorting to CLNE. Some of that GLOW stuff encased in QRTZ. Sure, there's a size below which it won't work, but on the plus side, you can control the colour of the generated light.
I don't know why I've never thought of this...but then again I never did try and go for a light generator.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah: The QRTZ has to be several pixels thick. I go for something like five, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 5292 5293 [5294] 5295 5296 ... 13325