Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5291 5292 [5293] 5294 5295 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805748 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Been reading Dune and enjoying it, but there's a little voice in the back of my mind that says "you're probably the only one who enjoys this kind of book."
Educate the unenlightened! Wash the unwashed masses! Bring them the wonders of Dune!
We've detected a 4.3 on the Hipster Scale!

Heh, but in all seriousness, Dune itself was great, but pretty much the rest of the novels (especially the ones written by Herbert's son) are sort of meh.

In my own happy, finally bit the bullet and got a proper computer desk, as opposed to my current 'plastic bin and two pieces of particle board' setup. Was sort of reluctant because the only one that really fit what I needed and wasn't a total pile of crap was $150, but when I checked out, it showed up as $65, for who knows what reason. So there's happy 1. Happy 2 is that I've already got a third of it put together, including properly aligning the drawer sliders, without driving myself mad or breaking anything past the point of repair via pliers and mallet.

:)
I only read Dune after someone else told me it was cool. Must have been a false alarm. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

fui fuiste fue fuemos fuimos fues fuisteis fueron
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Been reading Dune and enjoying it, but there's a little voice in the back of my mind that says "you're probably the only one who enjoys this kind of book."
Educate the unenlightened! Wash the unwashed masses! Bring them the wonders of Dune!
We've detected a 4.3 on the Hipster Scale!

Heh, but in all seriousness, Dune itself was great, but pretty much the rest of the novels (especially the ones written by Herbert's son) are sort of meh.

In my own happy, finally bit the bullet and got a proper computer desk, as opposed to my current 'plastic bin and two pieces of particle board' setup. Was sort of reluctant because the only one that really fit what I needed and wasn't a total pile of crap was $150, but when I checked out, it showed up as $65, for who knows what reason. So there's happy 1. Happy 2 is that I've already got a third of it put together, including properly aligning the drawer sliders, without driving myself mad or breaking anything past the point of repair via pliers and mallet.

:)
I only read Dune after someone else told me it was cool. Must have been a false alarm. :P
Lucky you. I don't think I know a single person with the same taste in literature, except maybe one of my grandmothers. It's sort of a shame when you can say 'Asimov' and people have no idea who you're talking about..

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, then it is your job to introduce them to the glories of Foundation.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I'm not the only person who tried to read Dune and found it boring and difficult to follow, am I?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

fui fuiste fue fuemos fuimos fues fuisteis fueron
What the fui? No habla.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

No hablo. :P

Si, no hablas.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

Whole office painted, painter's tape removed. Just need to wait to dry and screw on electrical plug covers.

Might have car dealer, tow truck operations, and auto auction business client. Want.

Pricing would be a bear. Want flat rate retainer for year and all legal stuff that would come up. Not sure how much to suggest. Suggest too little and I'm screwed. Suggest too much and I'm never in the game.

Don't realistically think I can sell $200/hour to this guy like my boss did due to bad economic times. Would reduce rate perhaps, but that's also weird/hard to figure out.

Guy is definitely in the "Good ole' boy's" club, so acting straight and male all the way without much of that "refinement stuff...."

Helping him set up new location through state auto dealership licensing requirements, etc.

Million things to do. Not exactly getting paid, hoping that changes and that this is just "lead in work."

"You know actually, I do know how to do that...."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:48:29 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I'm not the only person who tried to read Dune and found it boring and difficult to follow, am I?
It's a hard book for me to read. But I don't find it boring.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Scelly9:

In what way do you find it hard to read?

I knew this one Twilight fan who found it pretty hard to follow and dropped it early on. I myself am a fan of the original. Lynch's film is also fairly good, though that's the Lynch fanboy in me and not the Dune fanboy. Also loved Emperor: Battle For Dune, even though it isn't the most balanced RTS out there.

Some happiness: I've been playing Warcraft III for the past week. This is one of those games that I fire up once every year or two and just play the campaigns from start to finish. I think Blizzard really nailed something right with WC3. Just finished the Orc campaign for Reign of Chaos, buffed up orc grunts are just divine at hacking their way through everything. Only Night Elf campaign to go before moving to Frozen Throne expansion. Love dat CGI (heavy spoilers for Warcraft III).

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

There are parts where it really drags, but overall it's a good experience. I've been reading at a college level from about the 3rd grade, though. (Which is probably about average for B12. :P)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Ended up playing the torchlight 2 beta for like... 4 hours with Chaoticag.

Pretty much it feels like Diablo II:2 like I guessed. If the quality stays constant I can safely recommend the game to anyone wanting a fun game that's in that vein of kill shit and get loot.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

I might try my hand at Torchlight II. I still have the first one on my computer, and I play it occasionally.

Does the loot sharing and coop work well for a game like Torchlight?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Metal Gear Solid + Metal Demigod = Awesome ^_^

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

The only book which I remember as being boring and difficult to follow (but still interesting enough to keep reading) was the Silmarillion.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5291 5292 [5293] 5294 5295 ... 13325