Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5289 5290 [5291] 5292 5293 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806476 times)

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile

Yesterday out of nowhere I had a random idea to go to nearby birdwatch tower in the middle of local (rather small) swamp. I had only been there once in my life before, and that was back in elementary school, maybe 7(?) years ago. I went there and really enjoyed the quiet and calm. It is really these simple things that bring happiness to life.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was so happy my friends all agreed with me about Avatar. "It was a great movie, but it's so sad how the central guy died like that at the end. Real tragic ending. Poor, poor general, you were so awesome."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Got me two new cupboards and a new office chair. (the office chair has many levers :D)
They are from the ikea tough.
cue me spending 2 hours making them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still stand by my statement it was crap. I've never really bought the whole 'a character has to be humanoid for the audience to sympathize/empathize with it' thing. So Cameron had no excuse.
The Land Before Time did it... although those movies kinda made me want to cast "summon meteor" on the entire cast of characters.

EDIT: Oh right, forgot why I came here. I came here because I was just thinking about the borg collective and how it makes for a good allegory of general human society. The collective as a whole is uncaring and malicious, but the individuals when taken out of the collective are capable of expressing emotions, understanding, and being nice to people. I can't believe I never noticed the parallels until now.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:31:49 pm by Pnx »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

The dragonflies are back! The dragonflies are back! It's about time, too. The black flies and mosquitoes were getting to be almost unbearable.

That, and there's just something relaxing about watching dragonflies flying around.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Rediscovered the Oils. Man, this takes me back to when I was little.

(note, I am too young to have seen this performance, but the oils lasted until 2002.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:08:48 pm by Reudh »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Solar eclipse today in Eastern Asia/Western North America! Who's excited? :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Me! The newspaper ran an article about it!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I'm looking forward more to the passing of venus. Anyone know if any generic binoculars will let you view the sun safely?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm looking forward more to the passing of venus. Anyone know if any generic binoculars will let you view the sun safely?
If by "safe" you mean "your eyes will suffer permanent damage", then yes. You need special filters to view the sun, and even then there's some risk.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

If by "safe" you mean "your eyes will suffer permanent damage", then yes. You need special filters to view the sun, and even then there's some risk.
Wikipedia is about to blind quite a few people then :p

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wikipedia is about to blind quite a few people then :p
That's not good :o

Remember using magnifying glasses to incinerate ants as a kid? Yeah, that's pretty much what binoculars will do to your eyes, if the local news is accurate.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Yea, you really dont wanna be doing that, even with filters. The risk isnt the filters failing, but in taking the binoculars away from your eyes without first pointing your eyes away from the Sun. Pinhole cameras can do quite nice tricks though.
This is a blank sig.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, you really dont wanna be doing that, even with filters. The risk isnt the filters failing, but in taking the binoculars away from your eyes without first pointing your eyes away from the Sun. Pinhole cameras can do quite nice tricks though.
I made the family a bunch of pinhole cameras for the eclipse. Here's hoping they work!

I'm not sure if they'd be able to show the Venus transit, however.

Pages: 1 ... 5289 5290 [5291] 5292 5293 ... 13325