Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5279 5280 [5281] 5282 5283 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799374 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Quote from: From the comments (someone living in china)
Chinese flash their headlights like lasers, hoping to clear a path before them or warn j walkers to get out of the street. Its my favorite becuase it immediately puts the driver in a weaker position by acknowledging their targets exist. The targets see the light and slow down becuase they are confident they driver will swerve or otherwise avoid them.
Oh god, I am so happy that I live in the US, and not China or some other country where driving is so crazy.
The thing is, you rarely see major traffic accidents in China. I don't know how the hell they do it, but it can be a beautiful thing to watch. It's like one of those choreographed flashmobs where everyone seems to be moving helter-skelter and yet nobody collides and it all has a grand order to it. The safest way to cross the street in China is literally to pretend that the traffic isn't there and just walk at a normal, steady pace across the street. Cars will detour around you (at full speed, often missing you by inches). If you try to run suddenly or stop suddenly, that's when you get hit.

I was in a taxi in Hangzhou when the guy decided to go around a knot of vehicles by driving on the sidewalk. At one point, a girl on a scooter was coming out of a side alley and had to slam on her brakes so hard the scooter actually popped a reverse wheelie, nearly tossing her forward into the side of the taxi. She didn't even flinch. No reaction, no expression. She just waited for the taxi to pass and continued on her way.
Ah, China. You are so ridiculous.
In China, traffic dodges YOU!
For once, comrade russia was right about an inversion.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

spanish II

That reminds me

I had to tell everyone in earshot the answer to a spanish question because we hadn't been taught the answer yet. In fact, it's a Spanish II thing; we're in Spanish 1.

We were supposed to put a few sentences into the preterite, but then the verb in one sentence was "voy" and then I just kind of wrote "fui" and then I thought "wait, WTF, we weren't taught this in class"

There were two questions like that on the worksheet.

O_o? You learn 'fui' in Spanish One. It's one of the vocabulary.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

That reminds me that I have to go and take those tests so I can get college credit for knowing Spanish...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So today was the first day of my UNA-USA MUN confrence, and it went extremely, exceptionally, incredibly, unbelieveably, well.

First some background for you.My school is representing Italy at the confrence, and my topic in the IMF committe is external debt and debt sustainability. If you don't know Italy's debt position, look it up, I will wait... you see it? I expected to be slaughtered. My partner expected we would go down in flames. When it comes to dealing with the debt of developed nations, which the committe would have to address, we would have to address the Eurozone crisis. That means we would need some solution to it, and that requires German approval. You see, that is extremely hard to get in real life, which is why the crisis has continued. However the universe decided to go my way for once  :D, the German delegate (not from Germany, as countries that big and important don't get self representation.) was around 14 years old, not so smart, and pretty easilly manipulated. So we got everything we wanted  :D.

Than I got up and gave two speaches, one of which my partener said was one of the best he had ever heard and the director was nooding behind me. The second one wasn't as good as the first but was still very good. We also managed to become one of the primary leaders ona  working paper that is supported by roughly a third of the committe.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Listening to Beethoven's Last Night (Complete Narrated Version). I love albums that tell a story.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

spanish II

That reminds me

I had to tell everyone in earshot the answer to a spanish question because we hadn't been taught the answer yet. In fact, it's a Spanish II thing; we're in Spanish 1.

We were supposed to put a few sentences into the preterite, but then the verb in one sentence was "voy" and then I just kind of wrote "fui" and then I thought "wait, WTF, we weren't taught this in class"

There were two questions like that on the worksheet.

O_o? You learn 'fui' in Spanish One. It's one of the vocabulary.

Depends on the class. In our textbook, it's in chapter 7, which is the first chapter of spanish 2. Chapter 6 has regular preterite, no irregular stuff.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Crash Course world history has made it to the mongols!
Of note so far: A lot of things. The mongols failing to invade japan due to a typhoon, for one thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Depends on the class. In our textbook, it's in chapter 7, which is the first chapter of spanish 2. Chapter 6 has regular preterite, no irregular stuff.

No, I meant that while you don't, in fact, learn the past tense, you -do- have it show up as a vocabulary, like: fui-I went. fuiste - You went.

Unless the textbook's different. :|

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crash Course world history has made it to the mongols!
Of note so far: A lot of things. The mongols failing to invade japan due to a typhoon, for one thing.
Ah yes, the famous "Divine Wind". It actually sort of happened twice. Although it's a little complicated.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:35:16 pm by Pnx »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

So skyrunner has a Mabinogi character in her avatar rotation.

I don't know if this should make me happy or sad.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Looking at the preorderer bonuses for the Shadow Era physical cards again made me happy today. That is a crapton of stuff for someone who only spent $10 to have a deck of cards from it (even though its not the exact deck I use in the online game, but is close) to put next my assortment of old pokemon cards that really never made it into any sort of decklike form. (I'd put it next to my old yugioh deck as well, but thats been lost either to the attic or the magic vanishing act of stuff that can happen while moving)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Why's that? :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Why's that? :P
I recognize one of them from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Yep, thats certainly Tasha.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Yep, thats certainly Tasha.
No, it was a different one. Lin.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5279 5280 [5281] 5282 5283 ... 13325