Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5278 5279 [5280] 5281 5282 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798429 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Driving in China, Illustrated. I first saw this a few years back, and dear gods it is SO true.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I am filled with quality rice and quality vegetables and chicken, which was covered in the cheapest duck sauce Aldi can provide.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Driving in China, Illustrated. I first saw this a few years back, and dear gods it is SO true.  :D

This sounds like an illustration of one of those bumper cars rides in an amusement park, I admit.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Quote from: From the comments (someone living in china)
Chinese flash their headlights like lasers, hoping to clear a path before them or warn j walkers to get out of the street. Its my favorite becuase it immediately puts the driver in a weaker position by acknowledging their targets exist. The targets see the light and slow down becuase they are confident they driver will swerve or otherwise avoid them.
Oh god, I am so happy that I live in the US, and not China or some other country where driving is so crazy.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Ouch! When you're trying to dress up your Ramen in the future, take a lesson from the street stalls; try adding a sliced up boiled egg, some greens (bok choy is great, but in a pinch spinach will do), or even some dried fish/squid jerky. Tasty stuff!
And some spring onion, chilli and ginger. Lovely.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Chinese flash their headlights like lasers, hoping to clear a path before them or warn j walkers to get out of the street. Its my favorite becuase it immediately puts the driver in a weaker position by acknowledging their targets exist. The targets see the light and slow down becuase they are confident they driver will swerve or otherwise avoid them.
Oh god, I am so happy that I live in the US, and not China or some other country where driving is so crazy.
I've never had to deal with really crazy driving in the US o_O  Occasionally one driver somewhere will go "DUR" and do something stupid, but other than that, I never run into any significant problems.  Except when, well, there's virtually anything on the side of the road (dust included) and people feel inclined to slow down/stop to stare at it.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

I'm digging deeper and deeper into the anime community at my school and making plent of friends. Out of everybody including me, there are 3 Homestuck fans, at least 10+ bronies/pegasisters, and at least 15+ anime fans. It also falls in a cascade so that the Homestuck fans are bronies are anime fans. Also I might be going to an anime convention next month with group of said people.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

The thing is, you rarely see major traffic accidents in China. I don't know how the hell they do it, but it can be a beautiful thing to watch. It's like one of those choreographed flashmobs where everyone seems to be moving helter-skelter and yet nobody collides and it all has a grand order to it. The safest way to cross the street in China is literally to pretend that the traffic isn't there and just walk at a normal, steady pace across the street. Cars will detour around you (at full speed, often missing you by inches). If you try to run suddenly or stop suddenly, that's when you get hit.

I was in a taxi in Hangzhou when the guy decided to go around a knot of vehicles by driving on the sidewalk. At one point, a girl on a scooter was coming out of a side alley and had to slam on her brakes so hard the scooter actually popped a reverse wheelie, nearly tossing her forward into the side of the taxi. She didn't even flinch. No reaction, no expression. She just waited for the taxi to pass and continued on her way.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

The thing is, you rarely see major traffic accidents in China. I don't know how the hell they do it, but it can be a beautiful thing to watch. It's like one of those choreographed flashmobs where everyone seems to be moving helter-skelter and yet nobody collides and it all has a grand order to it. The safest way to cross the street in China is literally to pretend that the traffic isn't there and just walk at a normal, steady pace across the street. Cars will detour around you (at full speed, often missing you by inches). If you try to run suddenly or stop suddenly, that's when you get hit.

I was in a taxi in Hangzhou when the guy decided to go around a knot of vehicles by driving on the sidewalk. At one point, a girl on a scooter was coming out of a side alley and had to slam on her brakes so hard the scooter actually popped a reverse wheelie, nearly tossing her forward into the side of the taxi. She didn't even flinch. No reaction, no expression. She just waited for the taxi to pass and continued on her way.
Ah, China. You are so ridiculous.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Ah, China. You are so ridiculous.
In China, traffic dodges YOU!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Just bought two birthday presents for friends on Thinkgeek, as well as $30 in shit for myself. This happens every time.

This job really needs to call me back before I burn through the rest of my $900.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

Made a 65 on my spanish II exam

D:!!

made an 80 for this quarter in spanish II

:D!!!!

AMMEERIIICAAAAHHHH

FUCK YEH!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually managed to come in on time today instead of an hour to an hour and a half late!

Go me!

Next week, I might even manage coming in early, and then I can start making breakfast for everyone again. ^_^

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

spanish II

That reminds me

I had to tell everyone in earshot the answer to a spanish question because we hadn't been taught the answer yet. In fact, it's a Spanish II thing; we're in Spanish 1.

We were supposed to put a few sentences into the preterite, but then the verb in one sentence was "voy" and then I just kind of wrote "fui" and then I thought "wait, WTF, we weren't taught this in class"

There were two questions like that on the worksheet.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

NJROTC awards today, got academic ribbon and Cadet of the Month for May (Ironically, this month.)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 5278 5279 [5280] 5281 5282 ... 13325