Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5273 5274 [5275] 5276 5277 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797409 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

How far did you get in Iji? Later levels and most of the bosses have you dodging projectiles flying in every direction, and you can either fight your way through or dodge everything and avoid killing. If you only played the first level, for instance, I can see why you might say it's not intense.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@maximumzero: don't worry, it's only a fish-and-chip shop. I don't think they'll be selling insurance any time soon. the worst they could give me is washing dishes, and I'm desperate enough for employment that that wouldn't be a problem.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

How far did you get in Iji? Later levels and most of the bosses have you dodging projectiles flying in every direction, and you can either fight your way through or dodge everything and avoid killing. If you only played the first level, for instance, I can see why you might say it's not intense.
THeres also Ultimortal, which is ridiculous if you haven't played in in awhile or if you just aren't great at hardest difficulties.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THeres also Ultimortal, which is ridiculous if you haven't played in in awhile or if you just aren't great at hardest difficulties.
Ah yes, Ultimortal. Have fun dodging all of those aforementioned projectiles while you have nothing but a shotgun and your legs for kicking.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Ah yes, Ultimortal. Have fun dodging all of those aforementioned projectiles while you have nothing but a shotgun and your legs for kicking.
You forgot the timelimits.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I really didn't play Iji all the way through, I don't know why, it's not like I wasn't enjoying myself. Maybe I'll give it another look.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I really didn't play Iji all the way through, I don't know why, it's not like I wasn't enjoying myself. Maybe I'll give it another look.
Be sure to get the newest/final version if you do. I played the penultimate release and got annoyed by the spoilered section below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Why did I never think to butter my hot chocolate before.

I am going to die of a heart attack before I'm 50, probably. Worth it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

That doesn't sound good. I had buttery tea once and it was definitely inferior to milk.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

I just watched the Avengers.

Oh.  My.  God (Thor?).

It's almost like watching the crew of Serenity with superpowers and amazingness.  Incredible.  Thank you, Joss Whedon!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just watched the Avengers.

Oh.  My.  God (Thor?).

It's almost like watching the crew of Serenity with superpowers and amazingness.  Incredible.  Thank you, Joss Whedon!

So many one-liners in that movie. I loved it. I kind of can't wait for the next one if they can keep up the quality of scriptwriting.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I definitely need to see that movie, but I also need to see Thor, Iron Man 2, and Captain America. That's a total of 4 movies. AND watching them for free would break my rule of not ripping off anything less than 5 years old...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't seen any of those either, though I caught part of Thor. There's a lot of movies I haven't seen but mean to, I just never get around to it :P

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Captain America and The Avengers are both worth paying for. Iron Man 2 probably is as well, but I'd just rent it (probably not worth buying a copy unless it's at an extreme discount). Can't speak for Thor.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I definitely need to see that movie, but I also need to see Thor, Iron Man 2, and Captain America. That's a total of 4 movies. AND watching them for free would break my rule of not ripping off anything less than 5 years old...

They did a good job of making the Avengers related to events in Thor, Iron Man 2 and Captain America, but the way it was written was as if you've missed the other movies. It's like how Marvel comics can reference the events in other comics. It doesn't make you feel stupid for watching the other movies, but it doesn't make you feel lost when it makes the reference. Watch them in whatever order you want. You'll enjoy them either way.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 5273 5274 [5275] 5276 5277 ... 13325