Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5272 5273 [5274] 5275 5276 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795894 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Okay, so slight glitch with my formula for figuring out how big something is based on its size category. Something big enough to eat the Milky Way Galaxy would be Size 138 and, according to other rules, occupy about a 30x30 meter square. >__________>

Said other rules need some recalibration, though, because I choose not to change a design guideline that allows me to say that Elves are one square rootth of twice as large as humans, thus bludgeoning to death both language and math with a single sentence.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Embrace logarithmic scale!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Just played some classic Super Mario Bros. 2 again for the hell of it, and just had an urge to listen to this tune, and now I'm also urged to look for one of Benbuja's GTAIV videos again (since one of them also featured this tune throughout most of it) and have a few good laughs.

And the feeling of finally being out of the hell of High School, and actually having a chance for proper education in stuff that actually holds your interests (and an added perk of being away from the shackles of being a social moth in a swarm of social butterflies). Feeling's good. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm somewhat looking forward to my 10-year reunion next year. More out of curiosity of how everyone I used to hang out with back then (that I haven't run into in the local bars) developed over the past 10-odd years, if anything.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:11:49 pm by Itnetlolor »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally got started on my playthrough of the Japanese version of Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass.

It took me a solid two hours to read the opening sequence, and even then only in bits and pieces. It's not a long scene, it would have only taken me five minutes if it were in English, but hey, progress.

This is random, but has anyone else ever played the Mercenaries Minigame of Resident Evil 4 and 5? I loved them both so much, but I really don't want to just replay them, and I really don't want to go out of my way to get the 3DS Mercenaries; does anyone know of a Mercenaries like game that I can just get on Steam or something? Just somethings that's simple and sweet, and full of intense unrelenting action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Thats the scene with the picture cards, right? Or am I thinking of Spirit Tracks.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Congrats on your progress with Japanese :D

Recently, Operation: Raccoon City was released on Steam. Looks like a four player co-op shooting zombies and enemy agents. Not quite like Mercenaries though.
Perhaps Sniper Elite? It's a score attack game.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats the scene with the picture cards, right? Or am I thinking of Spirit Tracks.

Naw, Phantom Hourglass seems to take place directly after Wind Waker, with the same visual style and everything. It has a Ghost Ship and an Island, and I honestly couldn't tell you more, because I fubared trying to read it pretty bad. Back to MJC till I learn up some more.

Recently, Operation: Raccoon City was released on Steam. Looks like a four player co-op shooting zombies and enemy agents. Not quite like Mercenaries though.

Thanks for the encouragement, though I have a long way to go.

And ouch, that's expensive. I usually avoid new releases like the plague until the publishers buckle and sell it for a sane price. I'm surprised that heartracing, intense experiences like that found in Mercenaries aren't more common, cause I just loved the heck out of it.

I got Orcs Must Die on a whim just because I thought it would give me the thrill of being completely outnumbered and have them pour on me in a completely desperate fight. I was disappointed to find that it was actually very tame, and the scenarios too short.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a job interview tomorrow!

Yay! this is what i've been needing for a long time.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Naw, Phantom Hourglass seems to take place directly after Wind Waker, with the same visual style and everything. It has a Ghost Ship and an Island, and I honestly couldn't tell you more, because I fubared trying to read it pretty bad. Back to MJC till I learn up some more.

Thanks for the encouragement, though I have a long way to go.

And ouch, that's expensive. I usually avoid new releases like the plague until the publishers buckle and sell it for a sane price. I'm surprised that heartracing, intense experiences like that found in Mercenaries aren't more common, cause I just loved the heck out of it.

I got Orcs Must Die on a whim just because I thought it would give me the thrill of being completed outnumbered and have them pour on me in a completely desperate fight. I was disappointed to find that it was actually very tame, and the scenarios too short.
Time for some Dynasty Warriors?

Edit:
I have a job interview tomorrow!

Yay! this is what i've been needing for a long time.
If they try to make you sell insurance, punch someone in the face for me. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dynasty Warriors is much too tame for my liking. It's the kind of game that people unwind with, rather than get pumped up playing.

Though I am reminded of Kessen, which was a touch better. Not enough though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Crimsonland, maybe? Especially on the higher difficulty or later into survival mode, you get heavily into the "outnumbered" thing. S'a top-down shooter, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:50:29 pm by Pnx »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Yeah, they're kinda pricy :-/

Alright, how about Dungeons of Dredmor? It's a bit like a graphical rougelike, with some pretty weird humor (includes DF references) and some pretty tense/awesome moments. Monster Zoos in particular.

Iji gets your blood pumping, and it's totally free.

Fortune Summoners has some awesome side-scrolling sword combat, but I'm pretty sure you have that already.

Jamestown if you like bullet hell games.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Dredmor is a graphical roguelike. Just with an optional non-permadeath mode, mods, and difficulty settings.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crimsonland, maybe? Especially on the higher difficulty or later into survival mode, you get heavily into the "outnumbered" thing. S'a top-down shooter, though.

I remember Crimsonland, it's very flash gamey in feel, and I'm not above faulting it for that. I didn't like it too much, just seemed too simple I guess.

Yeah, they're kinda pricy :-/

Alright, how about Dungeons of Dredmor? It's a bit like a graphical rougelike, with some pretty weird humor (includes DF references) and some pretty tense/awesome moments. Monster Zoos in particular.

Iji gets your blood pumping, and it's totally free.

Fortune Summoners has some awesome side-scrolling sword combat, but I'm pretty sure you have that already.

Jamestown if you like bullet hell games.

I have Dredmor, and I do like the humor, but I hate how it crashes on me. Like, I want to strangle a puppy every time a game crashes on me.

Iji is pretty good, but I wouldn't call it intense.

Fortune Summoners is a game I've played front to back almost in a single sitting, and it's one of my favorite games. I was dismayed to find that it was actually made in 2008 and that I can't seem to find any evidence that a sequel is being made. It needs a sequel SO BAD!

Jamestown is a game I've never actually played, but I saw maybe two parts in a LP for it, I can look into it again.

Maybe I'll just turn on the ol' PS2 and play Mercenaries again if I want that experience. Almost nothing else can replicate it, and that's kind of saddening.
Pages: 1 ... 5272 5273 [5274] 5275 5276 ... 13325