Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5269 5270 [5271] 5272 5273 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794907 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

In BattleMaster.org, I've just been elected Lord of Vassar, my own region. I'm no longer just a Knight of Greater Saffalore! HA!

I've been playing a week and I'm not only commanding the nation's army, but I now own my own region.

<_<

Man, I love being active and ballsy.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Ladies and gentlemen, The Ghost Rider has found a new ride to steal
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

That's the first Hardley Ableson I've ever seen which actually looked attractive to me.  Classic design but smooth, modern look.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Asura's Wrath. Certainly worth being up a bit too late to watch the whole game, true ending and all.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

To this day I remember being 9 years old and playing that in my dilapidated shack of a house in the kitchen on my 9 inch tv.
I think the 9inch tv in the kitchen was a standard for my grandparents.

She had Bust-A-Move though.  The Puzzle Bobble game.
My grandma was the BEST at Bust-a-Move. It was awesome.
I remember absolutely playing that game a whole load at the arcade in old times.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happy about alot of things, mostly that I've gotten back on reading.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:43:49 am by JoshuaFH »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFmPxamXbFU

This just looks like it's an interesting L4D campaign.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

So here I am, wasting time on TvTropes reading about stupid artists whining about fans who criticize their work, when I find this:

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2009/12/20/series-14-where-were-at/

It's a blog post from a producer of a tv series I've never heard of. It's awesome because he has the exact attitude every artist of any medium ever should have when it comes to criticism, professional and fan alike. Notable excerpts:

although we understand the complaints, it doesn’t necessarily mean we’re going to do anything about them.  Believe me that’s not arrogance on our part, but the fact is we’re not wedding DJs taking requests, and for good reason, because no good telly in the history of man was ever created that way. You have to make the programme you want to make, and people then vote with the on or off button.
[...]
However when we do agree with where the viewers are coming from, then we could be in business.
When we started in 2002, our goal was to make a decent Top Gear, but then, and most important, organically, things took us by surprise. Nobody knew the onscreen chemistry of the trio would be so good, also, none of us saw coming where we could actually go with the films.
[...]
That innocence has gone now, as always happens, because that’s the nature of TV. You all know the main pillars of our editorial, and we do our best to entertain, but none of us are going back to that first flush of discovery.

But although that’s sad, this is not time for glumness because there’s still so much to do. Firstly, please relax if we try this or that and it doesn’t work, because it just means we’re not getting complacent.
It’s fair to say this incarnation of Top Gear is nearer the end than the beginning, and our job is to land this plane with its dignity still intact. But ironically, that does mean trying new things to the last, even if they screw up, because, well, it means you never stopped trying.

This is a dude that gets it. He understands that criticism from fans doesn't always lack merit (you don't need to be a chef to know if the food tastes bad), but won't cave to every whim of the audience either. He also offers a very good argument for why things are changed over time, for better or worse: taking a risk is better than stagnating.

Next time I hear someone get offended because their sacred cow tv show or game or whatever is criticized, or I hear a fan whine that something is ruined and will forevermore lack any merit, I'll quote this.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

My favorite part in that is "Nobody knew the onscreen chemistry of the trio would be so good".
I watch top gear alot, and i can say that the onscreen chemistry is GREAT!
Not entirely related, but yet that gave me a chuckle.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...oh wow, Wikipedia is crazy sometimes. I mean, I understand vandalism is an issue, but this is borderline obsessive. Some of these descriptions read like serial killer psychological profiles.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

...oh wow, Wikipedia is crazy sometimes. I mean, I understand vandalism is an issue, but this is borderline obsessive. Some of these descriptions read like serial killer psychological profiles.

You've never been in obsessively bureaucratic country/place, eh? ;o

What Wiki did here is something I already saw in my life while visiting my city hall ;o
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

It's because the internet is available to everyone from their own homes; and that includes people who are effectively insane, but just shy of the point where they are institutionalized. What results are people like those on wiki's long term abuse page.
Pages: 1 ... 5269 5270 [5271] 5272 5273 ... 13325