Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5245 5246 [5247] 5248 5249 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789262 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Why are you talking about tungsten light poles? o_o...

What's so special about them?
Dense, mostly. Iirc, one of those things dropped from orbit would hit harder than most nukes we've got, without the nasty radiation stuff. Plus it's not really stoppable. One of the theoretical methods of an easy to deploy kinetic kill vehicle.

Nin'd!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Man, if I was expecting hostile natives, I'd have an entire cargo hauler dedicated to tungsten light poles, because nothing says, "Mine now." like the functional equivalent of the fist of an angry god.
Public relations, dude. Despite our increased murder potential, most people tend to frown upon things like murdering entire civilizations nowadays. If the Pandora company (the name escapes me) had simply bombarded the natives without even attempting peaceful cooperation (or failing that, precision strikes that leave as few dead as possible), they likely would have faced a war crimes tribunal.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

In reality it's unlikely the natives would've been seen as "people." You don't get taken to a war crimes tribunal for bulldozing some rabbit holes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In reality it's unlikely the natives would've been seen as "people." You don't get taken to a war crimes tribunal for bulldozing some rabbit holes.
Except rabbits don't use tools, cannot communicate in our language, do not have a culture or religion, and perhaps most importantly of all, do not look vaguely human. Just look at how people tend to treat our fellow primates (gorillas especially) with more respect and care than other animals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Well, theres also the fact that an angry gorilla is kinda dangerous to be near, while an angry Na'vi is more of a rather tall guy punching you in the face back at you.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Except rabbits don't use tools, cannot communicate in our language, do not have a culture or religion, and perhaps most importantly of all, do not look vaguely human. Just look at how people tend to treat our fellow primates (gorillas especially) with more respect and care than other animals.
*coughbushmeatcough* Though we might be getting a bit bickery, here. Maybe a dedicated thread for gaming scenarios re: primitive alien species encountered in exploration/exploitation/expansion efforts?

Then again... Soylant blue?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, theres also the fact that an angry gorilla is kinda dangerous to be near, while an angry Na'vi is more of a rather tall guy punching you in the face back at you.
I actually kind of got the impression they were stronger than gorillas. I mean, they do have those bones reinforced with carbon fibre (I'm not sure if this is biologically all the feasible).

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

If soylent green comes from pink (I'm assuming, I haven't watched the movie. How ethnically diverse was it? :3), then what color of soylent would Na'avi make?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*coughbushmeatcough* Though we might be getting a bit bickery, here. Maybe a dedicated thread for gaming scenarios re: primitive alien species encountered in exploration/exploitation/expansion efforts?

Then again... Soylant blue?
Yeah, sure, I'd post there probably :P

But anyway, yes some people eat primates. However, National Geographic and Discovery Channel semi-frequently make reports about how endangered animals are poached, which is treated almost like a murder case (especially when the poached animal is a primate).

Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Floating weightless in a cavern.
    • View Profile

I found out just minutes ago that this man predicted the rapture would occur the day before I was born.
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars, and sought to better themselves for the good of all.
But we are much wiser now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

If soylent green comes from pink (I'm assuming, I haven't watched the movie. How ethnically diverse was it? :3), then what color of soylent would Na'avi make?

We can probably call it a tan mix.

Looking at a color wheel, and putting the general light brown/dark tan average of the human race in the same slot as dark orange, we're looking at about 150 degrees or so of clockwise rotation. That would mean that the Navi would come out at around yellow-orange, if we put them at around the border between the middle and darkest thirds of the blue band.

Soylent Orange it is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Soylent Green was dyed. They told people it was made from plankton.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Yeah... But if they call it Soylent Orange, they get the Agent Orange reference to boot!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But then the twist isn't as dramatic.

"It's made from... aliens! Really humanlike aliens, and they're blue with tails and stuff!"

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But then the twist isn't as dramatic.

"It's made from... aliens! Really humanlike aliens, and they're blue with tails and stuff!"
"But why do we use humanlike aliens when there's cows and stuff that we can just dye blue?"
"BECAUSE SCIENCE DEMANDS SACRIFICE!"
Pages: 1 ... 5245 5246 [5247] 5248 5249 ... 13325